CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   band got to big (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=225)

shane 10-13-2002 08:18 PM

band got to big

the hand on the dont stop dancing, it seems like scott stapp has an ego anyone else get that impression? He never had one before?:mad: :bounce:

Rolo1446 10-13-2002 08:35 PM

?

Um...hm. What ya talkin' bout?

Are you referring to somethin in the DSD video?

...do explain?

faceless kiwi 10-13-2002 08:40 PM

What are you talking about?
Do u mean the cd cover of DSD??

Read JDM 10-13-2002 09:28 PM

I disagree. There's an overwhelming chance that Scott Stapp had positively nothing to do with designing that cover whatsoever, and even if he had, really, what's to be taken from it? That kids are hiding from the camera a la Sean Penn? I don't see the connection, sorry. I just look at it as an ironic quasi-mature way of representing the innocence of youth. Nothing more.

faceless kiwi 10-13-2002 10:20 PM

I dont see how you could link that to scott being an egomaniac.

hayley 10-13-2002 11:14 PM

neither can i:confused:

CollectiveSoul 10-14-2002 05:21 PM

you all know Scott has a littel ego in him. Belive me look at him My Own Prison Look at him Weathered. difference? jsut look

Bridge of Clay 10-14-2002 05:24 PM

c´mon... there´s only one pic on mop...
how can you judge that?

the boy on the cover : is he Jagger?

CollectiveSoul 10-14-2002 05:39 PM

no not pics jsut liek him himself. its hard to explain he was so rugged back then with his rock loo kad nnow hes clean smiled slicked back aried fancy clothed guy. i thin kit gets to you when yoru rich

CreedKevin397 10-14-2002 06:41 PM

I dont really get what he's saying about being an egomaniac....his clothes don't really say much about his personality. I know what you mean about how he used to look rugged and now he is a "fancy clothed guy". But, he probably just wanted an image change to go along with the slight change in the music. His rugged look kind of reflected the music of My Own Prison, while his new look with leather pants and silk shirts reflect the "newer" sound of songs like My Sacrifice, Stand Here With Me, and Hide. Kind of more commercial. But I really don't think he's an egomaniac or self centered at all. I've never sat down and talked to Scott Stapp so I don't know, but I think hes one of my the most caring people in the music industry. He shows a passion for what he does and seems to care about what the fans want. Thats just my 2 cents, but I don't think his new look or anything like that makes him an egomaniac.

Lady Valkyrie 10-14-2002 08:55 PM

So it seems that some people wants us to believe that for a band to remain NON-egotistical they must wear ragged out nasty clothes and "appear" poor and dejected looking. GET OFF OF IT DEARIES! Stop looking on the outside and look on the inside. Geeez... some people are so silly! :rolleyes:

Read JDM 10-14-2002 09:17 PM

I don't doubt that Scott Stapp's got some measure of an ego. He has to have one, otherwise he'd never make it in his profession. But I still don't see why that has anything at all to do with the cover of the DSD single. I think you're seeing what you want to see, not what's really there (and what's really there is just a picture of kids with their hands up, plain and simple, nothing more).

TeriB19 10-14-2002 09:36 PM

Absolutely, it's just kids. I think shane is reading into this what shane wants to see.

faceless kiwi 10-14-2002 10:05 PM

Yep

Dogstar 10-15-2002 12:40 PM

Shane...a basher in sheep's clothing?? hmmmm.
I agree that anyone in the music industy has to have some measure of ego to make it. But Lady V is right--look at the inside, not the outside. I also don't see any connection between the cover and Scott's ego.