CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 10-26-2006 06:12 AM

Re: Daily Bread

October 26th

"How do you feel about your job?"

Many people find no satisfaction in the work they do. Their lives lack purpose and meaning. Christians have an alternative source of meaning in their lives. If a Christian does a job, no matter how large or small, to God's glory, then that person will find satisfaction. God doesn't much care what we do, but He is always interested in how we do our jobs. If we do our work without grumbling and with a joyful heart, then we are witnessing to His power in our lives and we are pleasing to Him.

Blessed is every one that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways. For thou shall eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.

Psalm 128: 1,2

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 10-27-2006 06:23 AM

October 27th

"Lift me up."

The Lord gives us all the ability to rise above the things that limit us. If we will only lean upon Him, He will give us the will and drive to succeed in every situation. His power can be our power when we call upon His holy name.

Many a time have they afflicted me from my youth: yet they have not prevailed against me.

Psalm 129:2

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-28-2006 10:00 AM

October 28th

"Give me a sense of my place before you as I seek your will in your Word."

As the seasons change, the leaves fall, and the grass dies, we are reminded once again of how short our lives are. Despite the rapid advancements of technology, our deepest needs are addressed only by the eternal and proven will of God in Scripture.

All men are like grass, and all their glory is like the flowers of the field; the grass withers and the flowers fall, but the word of the Lord stands forever.

1 Peter 1:24-25

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-29-2006 09:01 AM

October 29th

"Soul and spirit."

How often do you let God do major surgery on your spirit as his Spirit uses the Word to encourage, judge, motivate, convict, instruct, and inspire? With such a great tool so readily at hand for most of us, let's not let a day go by that we don't let God use his word on hearts.

The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart.

Hebrews 4:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-30-2006 06:30 AM

October 30th

"Don't you love gifts!"

When they're truly given, with no strings attached, all we have to do is receive them. The greatest gift we've ever received has nothing to do with our efforts. It is a gift from God. We didn't earn it, deserve it, or purchase it. God gave it through his sacrificial gift so our salvation would not be our boast, but his kindness.

It is by grace you have been saved, through faith - and this not from yourselves, it is the gift of God - not by works, so that no one can boast.

Ephesians 2:8-9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-31-2006 06:16 AM

Halloween 2006

"Satan is real."

He and his power are intended to harm. But rather than spending our time worrying about him, let's resist him when we are tempted and focus on Jesus. He's the one who won the big showdown at Calvary, triumphing over Satan. He took Satan's greatest tool and disarmed it. Now we can resist and Satan will flee.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith, because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

1 Peter 5:8-9

Boo!

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-01-2006 06:07 AM

November 1st

"Thinking of the steward parable some more..."

The central message of Christianity, that all have sinned and are lost apart from Christ, is offensive to most people. After all, we humans are proud, and we don't like to consider that we are ever in the wrong.

As believers, we must ask God for the courage to speak the truth and the grace to endure any unjust treatment that may result. When we consider the impact of Stephen's death, the eventual conversion of the young man Saul ( later called Paul ) and the spread of the gospel ( Acts 8:4 ), we see that even terrible persecution, in God's hands, can lead to great glory.

You can be sure that the more we suffer for Christ, the more God will shower us with his comfort through Christ.

2 Corinthians 1:5

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 11-01-2006 11:38 PM

Perfection!!!

AMEN, Although We Suffer To Be Perfect And The Harder We Strife The Less Perfect Sometimes We Become, There Is No Such thing As Complete Perfection But The Perfection IS IN GODS STRIFE TO GET US THERE, And Unto Him Strife Is Better Than Perfection, AMEN, Thats when i fall before My God, And Knowing IN OUR WEAKEST TIMES WE ARE AT OUR STRONGEST, THE LORD THY GOD REGINS LET THE PEOPLE TREMBLE HE SITTETH BETWEEN THE CHERUBIMS LET THE EARTH BE MOVED THE LORD IS GREAT AND PLENTIFUL TO FUFILL HE IS SO HIGH ABOVE ALL PEOPLE LET THEME PRAISE THY GREAT AND TERRIBLE NAME FOR IT IS HOLY THE KINGS STRENGTH ALSO LOVES JUDGEMENT AND RIGHTEOUSNESS EXALT YE THE LORD OUR GOD AND WORSHIP AT HIS FOOTSTOOL FOR HE IS HOLY MOSES AND AARON AMONG HIS PRIESTS AND SAMUEL AMONG THEME THAT CALLED UPON THE LORD AND HE ANWSERED THEME HE SPAKE UNTO THEME IN THE CLOUDY PILLAR THEY KEPT HIS TESTIMONIES AND THE ORDIANCE HE GAVE THEME THOU DID ANSWEREDST THEME O LORD OUR GOD THOU WAST A GOD THAT FORGAVE THEME THOUGH THOU TOOKEST VENGEANCE OF THEIR INVENTIONS EXALT THE LORD OUR GOD AND WORSHIP AT HIS HOLY HILL FOR THE LORD OUR GOD IS HOLY, Psalm 99,1,9

HeavenBesideYou 11-02-2006 06:07 AM

November 2nd

"Who's on first..."

We've been picked to be on God's team, and we were picked first! We have an important role to play in the unfolding of the world's history. We're here to declare God's praises to those who don't know him so they can find his marvelous light and leave their world of darkness.

You are a chosen people, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, a people belonging to God, that you may declare the praises of him who called you out of darkness into his wonderful light.

1 Peter 2:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-03-2006 06:24 AM

November 3rd

"Pray each night."

When days become hectic and full, it is easy to allow God to be pushed aside. We need to protect our time with the Lord and give it top priority. If we will keep the Lord close to us, he will sustain us and give us strength in tough times. Without Him, we can never hope to be our best.

I will not give sleep to mine eyes, or slumber to mine eyelids, Until I find a place for the Lord, and habitation for the mighty God of Jacob.

Psalm 132:4,5

When other things demand my time, remind me that I gave myself to You first.

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-12-2006 08:20 AM

November 12th

"God is near."

Sometimes we try to "ride out the storms" in our lives doing this the best we can. We think, If I can just hang on and be strong, I can get through this. David knew he couldn't make it on his own. In the past, he had found help in the Lord God. And in this prayer, David again sought the Lord's protection: "Keep me safe, O God, for I have come to you for refuge". He rejoiced in the guidance and assistance the Lord had given him. Though his enemies were trying to shake and topple him, David stood firm because God was "right beside" him.

In prayer today, acknowledge that God is right beside you, upholding and guiding you. Thank him that he helps you and does not leave you to struggle on your own.

I will bless the Lord who guides me; even at night my heart instructs me.
I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me.

Psalm 16:7-8

The steps of the godly are directed by the Lord. He delights in every detail of their lives. Though they stumble, they will not fall, for the Lord holds them by the hand.

Psalm 37:23-24

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-13-2006 06:02 AM

November 13th

"Into the heart of Africa."

Peter Cameron Scott was born in Glasgow in 1867 and became the founder of the Africa Inland Mission. But his beginnings in Africa were anything but auspicious. His first trip to Africa ended in a severe attack of malaria that sent him home. He resolved to return after recuperation. His return was especially gratifying to Scott, because this time his brother John joined him. But before long John was struck down by fever. All alone, Peter buried his brother, and in the agony of those days recommitted himself to preaching the gospel in Africa. Yet again his health gave way and he had to return to England.

How would he ever pull out of the desolation and depression of those days? He had pledged himself to God. But where could he find the strength to go back again to Africa? With man it was impossible! He found the strength in Westminster Abbey. David Livingstone's tomb is there. Scott enterer quietly, found the tomb, and knelt in front of it to pray. The inscription read;

"OTHER SHEEP I HAVE
WHICH ARE NOT OF THIS FOLD;
THEM I ALSO MUST BRING."

He arose from his knees with a new hope. He returned to Africa. And the mission he founded is a vibrant, growing force for the gospel today in Africa.

But while in deep distress, Manasseh sought the Lord his God and cried out humbly to the God of his ancestors.

2 Chronicles 33:12

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-14-2006 06:12 AM

November 14th

"Neglecting someone?"

If we forget our Lord, we will find ourselves steeped in shame when we stand before Him. To call Him Lord, master, Guardian, Friend requires commitment on our part. We cannot take continually without giving something back. Remember the Lord, and speak forth with joy in His presence, for you have known Him, and indeed He knows you.

If I do not remember thee, let my tongue cleave to the roof of my mouth; if I prefer not Jerusalem above my chief joy.

Psalm 137:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 11-15-2006 06:11 AM

November 15th

"Doesn't God care?"

A friend of mine indicated to me his frustrations with mankind the other day. "Why do evil people get away with all the things they do?", he asked... This question is asked almost every day somewhere I know. This is what I told him;

Evil seems to be having its way all the time. Don't worry. God sees everything, and He will not forget what evil people have done. Our God, though a God of love, is a God of justice. He will reward those who honor Him, and he will punish those who have rejected Him and His ways. We are responsible for the way God will deal with us. If we choose to ignore Him, we cannot hope for good things, but if we pursue God with all our hearts, we will experience blessing and joy beyond measure.

I also suggested he pray for the patience to accept what seems unfair now.

O daughter of Babylon, who art to be destroyed; happy shall he be, that rewardeth thee as thou served us.

Psalm 137:8

Heaven

HeavensOnFire 11-15-2006 07:48 PM

Amen And Amen And Amen And Amen,

One Of The Many REASONS for Evil And the wicked living so long IS B/C GOD IS GREATER IN MERCY THAN HE IS ANGER, AMEN and it really has nothing to do with us but GOD AND THE REDEMPTION Or THE GLORY FALLEN SHORT OF THE WICKED, GOD SAID LEAVE VENAGENES UNTO ME, AND JUSTICE SHALL PREVAIL, And In Us We Have Living Testimoni IF WE HAVE SHOWED ARE ENEMIES, Forgiveness And Mercy And Still Feel Love For Theme Are Hearts , GOD IS STILL MOVING, i,ve said so many times GOD IS ALWAYS RIGHT THE FIRST TIME, And Shall Surley Bring All Medatations To Your Rememberance Shall Bring All Things In The Dark Unto the light HOW IS PROTECTED US FROM ALL EVIL AND THE PLANS Of The Wicked, PRAISE YE THE LORD BLESSED IS THE MAN THAT FEARS THE LORD, I SAY WOW UNTO THOSE WHO TRY TO DECIVE THE LORD THEIR GOD, !!!!! BLESSED IS HE I SAY BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO DELIGHT IN THE LORD THY GOD COMMANDMENTS no matter how are they are or even if we dont do theme AMEN But We LOVE, His Ways HIS SEED SHALL BE MIGHTYYYYYYYY UPON THE EARTH THE GENARATION OF THE UPRIGHT SHALL BE BLESSED AND LONG LIVES HIS PRAISE, IN A NEW HEAVEN AND A NEW EARTH FOREVER SHALL MY GENRATION AND MY SEEDS SHALL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD HOST, AMEN AND AMEN, HIS SEED AND HIS TRUTH SHALL INDEED PROSPER WEALETH AND RICHES SHALL BE IN HOUSE , UNTO THE UPRIGHT THERE ARISETH LIGHT IN THE DARKNESS HE IS GRACIOUS AND INDEED FULL OF COMPASSION, SING UNTO THE HOSANNA HOSANNA BLESSED ARE THOSE AND BLESSED ARE THOSE WHO CAME IN HIS NAME AND IN GENRATIONS COME BLESSED BE THE NAME OF THE LORD,