CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 10-01-2006 08:44 AM

Re: Daily Bread

October 1st

"Strengthen me in Your will."

There is always someone who will find fault with us, no matter what we do. Some people just aren't happy unless they criticize. In times when we feel the most persecution, God waits for us with open arms. He understands well what it is like to be mistreated for no good reason. He went to the cross in just that way. When times get rough, turn to the one who understands best. God will comfort you and give you the strength you need to persevere.

Let the proud be ashamed; for they dealt perversely with me without a cause: but I will meditate in they precepts.

Psalm 119:78

Heaven

:pimp:

HeavenBesideYou 10-02-2006 05:53 AM

October 2nd

"Book smarts vs. Street smarts."

Jesus amazed the learned men in the temple when He was just twelve years old. He had never received professional schooling in the history and law of the Hebrew people, and yet He displayed an incredible insight into even the most complex meanings of Holy Scripture. His understanding far surpassed that of many of the elders present.

True knowledge is not found in books. God has granted us each a measure of common sense and logic. He is willing and able to instruct us in all His ways, if we will take time to contemplate His mysteries. We, too, can amaze the learned of our age by speaking forth the truth of God, which surpasses even the most complex knowledge. Like Christ, we can know more than we ought, through the guidance and counsel of God Himself.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Psalm 119:99

Heaven

Rocketqueen 10-03-2006 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HeavenBesideYou
October 2nd

"Book smarts vs. Street smarts."

Jesus amazed the learned men in the temple when He was just twelve years old. He had never received professional schooling in the history and law of the Hebrew people, and yet He displayed an incredible insight into even the most complex meanings of Holy Scripture. His understanding far surpassed that of many of the elders present.

True knowledge is not found in books. God has granted us each a measure of common sense and logic. He is willing and able to instruct us in all His ways, if we will take time to contemplate His mysteries. We, too, can amaze the learned of our age by speaking forth the truth of God, which surpasses even the most complex knowledge. Like Christ, we can know more than we ought, through the guidance and counsel of God Himself.

I have more understanding than all my teachers: for thy testimonies are my meditation.

Psalm 119:99

Heaven

PRAISE GOD, FOR HE IS WORTHY TO BE PRAISED IN THE HOURS OF DARKNESS AND IN THE HOURS OF LIGHT UNTO HIM MY FRIENDS THE DARKNESS SHINES AS BRIGHT THE DAY, :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: STAND BY THE LORD YOUR GOD, IF THE MOON IS THE ONLY LIGHT YOU WILL SEE AND IF THE MOUNTAINS IN YOUR LIFE ARE CRUMBLING INTO A SEA, OF YOUR SWEAT AND BLOOD AND TEARS, STAND BY HIM HEAR HIM WHISPER ACROSS THE SKY FEAR NOT FOR I,AM WITH THEE, PRAISE WITHOUT CEASE,

HeavenBesideYou 10-03-2006 05:31 AM

October 3rd

"Face the music."

"The expression "face the music" originated in Japan. One man in the imperial orchestra couldn't play a note, but as a person of great influence and wealth, he demanded to be given a seat; he wanted the emporer to see him "perform." The conductor agreed to let the man sit in the second row. He was handed a flute, and when a concert began, he'd raise his instrument, pucker his lips, and move his fingers. He went through all the motions of playing but never made a sound. His deception continued for two years.

Then a new conductor took over. He told the orchestra that he would audition each player personally. One by one the musicians performed in his presence. At last came this flutist's turn. Frantic with worry, he pretended to be sick but his lies caught up with him. The doctor who examined him declared him perfectly fine. Finally the pretender had to admit he was fake. He couldn't face the music.

Ready or not, all of us will one day face the music. We will all appear before the Lord, without masks and without deception.

But God shows his anger from heaven against all sinful, wicked people who push the truth away from themselves.

Romans 1:18

The Lord hates those who don't keep their word, but he delights in those who do.

Proverbs 12:22

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-04-2006 05:56 AM

October 4th

"Don't you have your hands already full today?"

Don't you find yourself distracted from the urgent and important things of today by worrying about the problems of tomorrow and fantasizing about all the possibilities down the road? Isn't it a waste of time to be anxious about those things you have no influence over? So why...?

Do not boast about tomorrow, for you do not know what a day may bring forth.

Proverbs 27:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-05-2006 06:02 AM

October 5th

"Light my way."

Darkness can close in around us quickly in this world today. It seems to be getting darker all the time. However, we are recipients of the light that cannot be put out and will never fade away. The Word of God will guide us through even the darkest times, and He will be close by to comfort us in time of trouble. Rely upon the light of the Lord.

Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path.

Psalm 119:105

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-06-2006 06:02 AM

October 6th

"Rely on Him."

Doing what is right is not all that easy. When we dedicate ourselves to justice, we must be ready to face the wrath of all those who don't see things the same way we do. God loves justice and righteousness, and we need to remember that He is ever on the side of what is right. He will be with us when we face persecution for righteousness' sake.

I have done judgment and justice: leave me not to mine oppressors.

Psalm 119:121

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-07-2006 06:43 AM

October 7th

"The inexcusable bit."

If you had a perfect excuse you would not need forgiveness; if the whole of your action needs forgiveness then there was no excuse for it. But the trouble is that what we call "asking God's forgiveness" very often really consists in asking God to accept our excuses. What leads us into this mistake is the fact that there usually is some amount of excuse, some "extenuating circumstances." We are so very anxious to point these out to God (and to ourselves) that we are apt to forget the really important thing; that is, the bit left over, the bit which the excuses don't cover, the bit which is inexcusable but not, thank God, unforgivable.

…What we have got to take to him is the inexcusable bit, the sin. We are only wasting time by talking about all the parts which can (we think) be excused. When you go to a doctor you show him the bit that is wrong, say a broken arm, it would be a mere waste of time to keep on explaining that your legs and eyes and throat are all right. You may be mistaken in thinking so; and anyway, if they are really all right, the doctor will know that.

C. S. Lewis, The Weight of Glory

I, yes I alone, am the one who blots out your sins for my own sake and will never think of them again.

Isaiah 43:25

If we say we have no sin, we are only fooling ourselves and refusing to accept the truth. But if we confess our sins to him, he is faithful and just to forgive us and to cleanse us from every wrong. If we claim we have not sinned, we are calling God a liar and showing that his word has no place in our hearts.

1 John 1:8-10

Heaven

Rocketqueen 10-08-2006 01:47 AM

Strong, Messages Hev,

WE SERVE A FAITHFULL LOVING GOD, AMEN BUT HE IS ALSO A WISE GOD AND HE IS OUR GOD, Patients IN THE LORD THY GOD, AND LEANING ON HIS STRENETH TRUTH AND MERCY YE, WILL KNOW THAT HE IS A WISE GOD, AND EXCERCISES WISDOM FOR THOSE WHO LOVE HIM, :bounce: :bounce: MY ROCK MY FORTRESS MY HIGH TOWER,

HeavenBesideYou 10-08-2006 08:37 AM

October 8th

"I wander off sometimes..."

The shepherd will go looking for a lost sheep, no matter where it might have wandered. Regardless of ravine, cavern, raging river, steep cliff, the shepherd will endeavor to save even the scrawniest, mangiest sheep. His devotion to his flock is total and absolute.

God's devotion to us is even greater. We can never be separated from the love and care of God. No matter how far we might stray from Him, He is continually on the lookout for us, and He will rescue us from whatever our peril might be. Rest sure and secure in the love of God. He will never give you up for lost.

I have gone astray like a lost sheep; seek they servant; for I do not forget they commandments.

Psalm 119:176

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-09-2006 05:54 AM

October 9th

"Beyond the four walls."

So many people want us to follow their lead and obey their voice. But God has proved himself faithful and loving through the ages. In his might he is to be revered. But rather than seeing reverence as a "church thing," we are reminded by Moses it is a "life thing." We are to obey and keep his commandments, and we are to serve him and depend upon him in our daily lives. Rather than silence in the assembly, reverence is action to his glory!

It is the Lord your God you must follow, and him you must revere. Keep his commands and obey him; serve him and hold fast to him.

Deuteronomy 13:4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-10-2006 06:09 AM

October 10th

"Where does our help come from?"

It comes from the Lord God, who created, who sustains, and who will redeem.

We wait in this life, not sure of what is coming next. The options don't look promising, but we can rejoice in the fact that our Lord is coming to set all things right. His banner is ever out before Him, and as we look unto the hills of the new age to come, we cannot help but notice that God is there waiting for us.

I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help.

Psalm 121:1

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-11-2006 06:13 AM

October 11th

"Welcome relief in an unjust world."

It isn't fair that we should suffer for our father's or grandfather's sins, or that innocent people be crippled by drunk drivers, that children be subjected to pediphiles in places of authority, or that millions starve because of corrupt governments. But all these things are realities in a world ruined by sin.

What can we do? We can recognize unfairness and injustice as facts of life which by the way is not the same as calling them acceptable! We can also determine to live in a way that is just and fair; with God's help, we can rise above the corruption. The abused need not become abusers, and the impoverished need not live in moral poverty. Unbelieving parents need not inflict their despair and hard hearts upon their children, and the circle of sin must be broken!

Ask God to show you how to be a light and a welcome relief in an unjust world.

You are loving and kind to thousands, though children suffer for their parents' sins. You are the great and powerful God, the Lord Almighty.

Jeremiah 32:18

The Lord is a shelter for the oppressed, a refuge in times of trouble.

Psalm 9:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 10-12-2006 06:13 AM

October 12th

"Hidden sin."

It is so hard to share the secrets of our hearts with anyone. We want to keep our secret failings, embarrassments, and sins hidden, fearing others would reject us and we would shame ourselves. But hidden sin is only hidden from us, not from our Father. Hidden sin festers in our hearts and drives a wedge between us and the God who would forgive us and empower us to triumph over it if only we would pour out our hearts to him, because he is our refuge.

Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts to him, for God is our refuge.

Psalms 62:8

Heaven

Rocketqueen 10-13-2006 01:16 AM

I Feel A Call To Praise The Lord,

Hev Its hard to do some times TO POUR OUT YOUR HEART BEFORE HIS MAJESTY GLORY TO GOD AFTER HE HAS DONE SO MUCH FOR US, BUT THE WORD WILL QUICKEN YOU FOR HE IS ARE ONLY HELP, O COME Let Us Sing Unto THE LORD Let Us Make A Joyful Noise TO THE ROCK OF OUR SALVATION LET US COME BEFORE HIS PRSENCE WITH THANKSGIVING AND UPLIFT HIM IN JOY FOR THE LORD IS A GREAT GOD AND ABOVE ALL GODS , IN HIS HANDS ARE THE DEEP PLACES OF THE EARTHTHE STRENETH OF THE HILL BELONGS TO MY GOD THE SEA IS HIS AND HE MADE IT AND FORMED US A DRY LAND O COME LET US WORSHIP AND BOW DOWN AND KNEEL BEFORE HIM FOR HE IS OUR GOD AND WE ARE THE PEOPLE OF HIS PASTURE AND THE SHEEP OF HIS HAND IF YE HEAR HIS VOICE CLEAR HARDEN NOT YOUR HEART AS THE PROVACATION AND AS OF THE DAY IN THE TEMPATATION IN THE WILDERNESS WHEN YOUR FATHERS TEMPTED ME PROVED ME AND SAW MY WORKS FORTY YEARS LONG WAS GRIEVED WITH THIS GENARATION AND SAID IT IS A PEOPLE THAT DO ERR IN THEIR HEART AND THEY HAVE NOT KNOWN MY WAYS UNTO WHOM I SWARE IN MY WRATH THAT THEY SHOULD NOT ENTER INTO MY REST, Psalm 95.1 11