CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   OMG! I touched Blackbird!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11823)

RMadd 10-07-2007 12:48 AM

OMG! I touched Blackbird!!!

So I was at work (Target) today, working in the Electronics dept. & filling the new releases (10/2) endcap. I went to the stockroom to grab them, and the first location I was directed to (for matchbox twenty's Exile in Mainstream) also had about 10 copies of Blackbird sitting in it, waiting to be stocked Tuesday morning. Needless to say, my heart stopped momentarily. I was very tempted to grab a copy and buy it, since I doubt anyone who would've sold it to me would've known, and the cash register software doesn't recognize items that haven't yet reached their "street-date." But I figured they'd have some way of knowing or finding out how it'd gotten stolen, and since I'm applying for a higher position in the electronics dept, I figured it wasn't in my best interest. I mean, I've already listened to the whole album already, so what's a few more days to be able to wait to open up the real thing and flip through the booklet? Besides, I'm probably going to go to Best Buy, since I saw they advertised they'll have a version w/ 2 Bonus Tracks, for a mere $7.99. It's like a sun-burned woody: you just can't beat it.

titan9 10-07-2007 01:10 AM

Re: OMG! I touched Blackbird!!!

I'm conflicted. Do I buy the copy from Best Buy and get two extra songs? Or do I get it from Walmart and get the bonus DVD? Hmm......I might just buy both for under $20.

RMadd 10-07-2007 01:47 AM

Walmart has one with a bonus DVD? What's on it?

RMadd 10-07-2007 01:53 AM

nevermind, just found the product review on Wally World's site. If it's only got interviews & studio footage, I'll probably pass on that one. But, then again, it's only $2 more than at Best Buy, and I'm almost certain I'd be able to *find* the bonus tracks elsewhere....

I searched for Alter Bridge on target.com, and they have the UK release available thru the site. For $39.49. I know the US dollar has dipped a little of late, relative to the euro, pound, and even Canadian dollar, but not that much....

J.T. 10-07-2007 07:53 PM

Lol, nice...I haven't touched it.

*bows head in shame*

But I am listening to the entire album on AOL. Woot!!

Dogstar 10-08-2007 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
I searched for Alter Bridge on target.com, and they have the UK release available thru the site. For $39.49. I know the US dollar has dipped a little of late, relative to the euro, pound, and even Canadian dollar, but not that much....

It's pretty bad. It's basically 2 to 1. I just ordered some stuff from England and the bill was nuts.

Agent D 10-09-2007 02:42 PM

Does anyone know if Target's copies come with any bonus tracks or anything?

RMadd 10-09-2007 03:00 PM

they don't

Agent D 10-09-2007 03:41 PM

Quote:

they don't

Pffbt, that sucks. I don't really want to go to WalMart and I don't have a Best Buy near me. Oh well. No freebies for me I guess.

titan9 10-09-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Agent D
Pffbt, that sucks. I don't really want to go to WalMart and I don't have a Best Buy near me. Oh well. No freebies for me I guess.

CircuitCity is selling the CD for $7.99 and it comes with a free AB t-shirt. You could at least get one freebie, perhaps. ;)

RMadd 10-09-2007 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
CircuitCity is selling the CD for $7.99 and it comes with a free AB t-shirt. You could at least get one freebie, perhaps. ;)

But that would mean you'd have to go to Circuit City. Ugh.

titan9 10-09-2007 07:56 PM

I know, Circuit City sucks. It really does. I had to go there last year to spend a gift card and I had a lot of difficulty finding a decent second CD to buy. Their selection sucks! And the way they have it all laid out....don't even get me started on that.

HeavensOnFire 10-09-2007 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I know, Circuit City sucks. It really does. I had to go there last year to spend a gift card and I had a lot of difficulty finding a decent second CD to buy. Their selection sucks! And the way they have it all laid out....don't even get me started on that.

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA Bless your heart anything free is never worth the hell you pay for it with HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i,ll start it for ya, we will just leave it at circut city sucks

Dogstar 10-09-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

But that would mean you'd have to go to Circuit City. Ugh.

I'm tired of all these alternate versions. Can't they just do one with all the bonus stuff? I refuse to buy all of them. Grrrr.

titan9 10-09-2007 09:35 PM

What I'm doing is just buying the Best Buy version and watching the contents of the DVD on Youtube(some of it is already up, I believe).

And the shirt they're giving out is probably pretty cheap, anyway. So I'll just wait til I go to the concert to get myself a shirt.