CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Encouragement and Motivation!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3916)

aprile89 07-30-2003 11:53 AM

Encouragement and Motivation!!!

For those of you that want to loose weight or need encouragement and Motivation you can find it all in here!!!

Who's got your back??? WE DO!!!

marlsy 07-30-2003 12:12 PM

I hope i'm invited in here too!! I may not need to lose more than 10 lbs but I need motivation to get off my lazy butt and I'd love to help motivate you guys too!! I can also help you out with what to eat and stuff if you want, as you know my hubby is a guru! :D

Sheila63 07-30-2003 12:34 PM

Of course you're invited here too, marlsy. Although I haven't been thin in awhile, I know from other people that losing 10 lbs. isn't easy either. I know how you feel about getting motivated to exercise. I'm going to the Y straight from work because I know if I go home, I'll never get back out the door to go!! LOL!!!

Thanks for starting this thread, aprile.:D

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-30-2003 12:45 PM

Losing anything can be a challenge! To all those who need it. YOU GO!!!!!! It may not be easy but if you keep trying you will succeed. This is a great thread to have. :dancing:

TeriB19 07-30-2003 01:01 PM

I definitely need encouragement!! Last night after hanging out with my neighbors for a few beers, I ate an entire bag of Milanos. Had the major munchies and now I could kick myself for doing it. Somebody sew my lips together!!

Sheila63 07-30-2003 01:05 PM

Do you think we should have this thread be a Sticky? That way it will be easy to get to.

Teri, I hear you with those Milanos. They're addicting!!

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 01:39 PM

Hey, what an awesome thread April:dancing: What I've learned for myself is that if you want to lose weight, especially in the winter time;) I know its hard to be active in the winter months cuz you just look outside and your positive motivation just exaporates. But You just gotta fight that and get out there and do it:dancing: Thats why I love the summertime;) It is a lot more motivating! With me I walk everywhere! It feels so good after going for like a 10 mile walk and then doing that more then 5 times a week you can really tell a difference!

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-30-2003 02:10 PM

Yeah,Sheila I think we should make this sticky!

Sheila63 07-30-2003 06:08 PM

Steve, can we make this thread a Sticky? Thanks for your help.:)

Dogstar 07-30-2003 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by TeriB19
Somebody sew my lips together!!

ROTFLMMFAO! Teri, you crack me up. A dose of humor also helps with the motivation! Thanks!

GoodGodGirl23 07-30-2003 08:10 PM

Milanos suck.. give some good ol Oreos...:dancing: :dancing: :dancing:

Dogstar 07-30-2003 08:12 PM

Milanos RULE, as do Oreos and just about any other cookie on the planet :D.

hotforscott 07-30-2003 08:24 PM

Milano's do rule. I actually found the mini ones over the weekend. They also have mini brussels, those are pretty darn good, too.

Lechium 07-30-2003 10:26 PM

Encouragement? Motivation?!
The best way to motivate someone is to call them a fucking looser and hopefully they'll try hard to proove you wrong.

Dogstar 07-30-2003 10:35 PM

Well, maybe that works for you, but it wouldn't work for me.

Lechium 07-30-2003 10:46 PM

How would such motivaion of mine affect you?
Make you angry? Anger is good when you're trying to achive something.

Dogstar 07-30-2003 10:53 PM

Do you mean, how would I react to it? Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by hotforscott
Milano's do rule. I actually found the mini ones over the weekend. They also have mini brussels, those are pretty darn good, too.

Milanos:throwup:

Lechium 07-30-2003 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
Do you mean, how would I react to it?  Anger can be a good motivator for some, but not for everybody. It also depends on the goal. I don't think negative reinforcement with regard to weight is particularly helpful. At least it hasn't been for me.

If everyone constantly calls you a fatass and whale, what do you do? Most people will get sick and tired of it, and try to loose some weight.

Wallowing in self pity is another path, but if you EVER choose to follow it... well you never should really.

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:03 PM

There are less cruel ways to motivate people. Name-calling is counterproductive. And I don't think it's wallowing in self-pity. There are other factors involved when it comes to being overweight. It's not just about food.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:07 PM

I agree Dogstar;) Calling someone names to try to motivate them will probably make it worse:( I mean some people that are overweight already have a low self esteem:( Why make it worse....that is very cruel treatment!

Lechium 07-30-2003 11:22 PM

Example -- drill sargent in boot camp acts mean and all, but he whips people into shape.
When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:25 PM

Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)

Lechium 07-30-2003 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by JulieLovesCreed
Maybe that would work for some but if someone called me that I would floor them;)

floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:29 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium

When you call someone fatass, not to get kicks out of it, but to make them angry and make them change their lives -- it's not cruelty.

It is cruel and childlike. Most kids grow out of it at some point.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
floor me
guess I can call you fatass wall I want than lol

Except I'm not fat;)

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:33 PM

This is supposed to be a positive thread and I've let myself tangle needlessly in negativity. I'll try to stay more on topic, sorry everybody.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:36 PM

Thats alright Dogstar:D I kinda strayed from the positive side to:embarass: Back on topic;) Excercising in the morning before you even eat anything helps burn more fat:angel:

Dogstar 07-30-2003 11:39 PM

:D...I agree. I like to exercise before I eat anything. Sometimes, I get an upset stomach if I exercise with any food in my stomach.

JulieCitySlicker 07-30-2003 11:42 PM

I like to do a 3 mile walk before I even eat anything but since its been so hot here I have to have a little something like cereal so I don't pass out from the heat and I take water with me if I walk more than 5 miles, especially when its hot:P

Lechium 07-31-2003 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Dogstar
It is cruel and childlike. Most kids grow out of it at some point.

you're calling drill sargents cruel and childlike?
strange, I see them as good educators...

Higher_Desire 07-31-2003 01:11 AM

Don't be a dorkus, Lech. Drill sargents are doing it for education, and not for the sole pleasure of belittling others. I have a hard time believing that school thugs are trying to get kids to change their lives around for the better and become a respectable citizen.

H-D

Lechium 07-31-2003 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Higher_Desire
Don't be a dorkus, Lech. Drill sargents are doing it for education, and not for the sole pleasure of belittling others. I have a hard time believing that school thugs are trying to get kids to change their lives around for the better and become a respectable citizen.

H-D

I never said that school bullies are a good idea, although you can learn from them.
I was saying that drill sargent like motivation, when you 're doign it not for pleasure 9as i had sais before few times) is a good way to motivate people

SCOTTSMYMAN 07-31-2003 08:47 AM

It's not a good way to motivate people. As an adult I was put down and told things like that and guess what it didn't make me lose weight. As a child it was HORRIBLE!!! With certain things like you say in bootcamp and stuff is one thing(even though I've heard of a guy who killed himself because of the way a drill sargent treated him)! You just can't use that kind of motivation for someone who is trying to lose weight. :mad:

WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS BEING A POSITIVE THREAD??

JenRN 07-31-2003 11:17 AM

Some people like to rain on EVERY parade, just put them on ignore like I do!:P

Great thread by the way, I myself am getting ready to go to the gym in awhile!:D

Lechium 07-31-2003 06:43 PM

I am trying to help here, why the hell are you accusing me on pissing on your parade?
If you cant take others having point of view different from yours -- that's too bad for you

aprile89 07-31-2003 07:23 PM

Leach I can see how you would think that making someone angry would help. It probably does help for SOME people. But when your dealing with people and their weight it's a double edge sword. Some people shut down and say " Yeah he's right I am a fat ass and I don't deserve to be happy" and they continue to eat themselves to death. they have no motivation or self confidence.
The only other way I know how to explain it is .... say someone is a very intelligent person and you came along and this person thought you were a DUMBASS .. and kept calling you dumbass over and over again..... would it make you angry? Of course! Would that make you want to change yourself? Maybe ... it just depends on the person you are dealing with..... That's all I am saying :)

Teri .. the only thing you can do girl is kick yourself in the buttocks and next time you get the munchies DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! or chew on ice lol sounds weird but it helps me sometimes

Lechium 07-31-2003 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by aprile89
<b>Leach I can see how you would think that making someone angry would help. It probably does help for SOME people. &nbsp;But when your dealing with people and their weight it's a double edge sword. Some people shut down and say " Yeah he's right I am a fat ass and I don't deserve to be happy" and they continue to eat themselves to death. they have no motivation or self confidence.</b>

Sometime (or even pretty often) encouregment and support can give people feeling of false comfort, and they would always be about to do something to change their lives, but never achually do anything.
Most of the time people take big steps to change their lives when they get hit hard. That's just human nature.

JulieCitySlicker 07-31-2003 08:50 PM

If you think that calling someone names will help them lose weight then you go a head and do it ;) I'm not gonna be the one that gets punched in the face for calling someone a fat azz:eek:

JenRN 07-31-2003 08:58 PM

I am glad this thread is here, lets try to keep it positve and motivating! :thumbsup: