CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed wins 2! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3096)

Bridge of Clay 05-16-2003 05:43 PM

Creed wins 2!

Creed was awarded twice at BMI Pop Awards, last Tuesday, in LA.
I donīt know for what they won. Nickelback took 3 prizes, including best songwriter (:wtf: ) to Chad Kroeger. Linkin Park won 2 too.

BMI, to those who donīt know, is the organization responsible for copyrights in America.

Go Creed! :jam:

Lechium 05-16-2003 07:06 PM

Why are you happy about POP awards? If I had a band I'd concider these a slap accross my face.

Sheila63 05-16-2003 07:18 PM

I think they were awards for the writing of My Sacrifice and One Last Breath. Congratulations, Guys!!! Rock On!!!:jam: :crest: :crest: :stapp: :tremonti: :flip:

Thanks for posting this info, Marcos!:D

njcreedite 05-16-2003 09:15 PM

"If I had a band...."
That's right....IF. You don't, so how could you possible know how you'd feel about winning a song writing award. Besides, it's about the lyrics....not the beat. I think it's great that Creed's lyrics have been recognized. Good for them. (Of course, this just gives others one more thing to be jealous of)

Lechium 05-16-2003 09:42 PM

creed's lyrics are really really mediocre really... there are very few bands who write good lyrics, and creed's not one of them.

P.S. for good lyrics listen to underground hip-hop

njcreedite 05-16-2003 09:51 PM

I agree that Creed's lyrics are not the best lyrics out there. I do however think they are quite good. They are much better than most of the stuff that's out there. Also, they are being compared to other highly marketable groups only. In that catagory, they rise above. (Creed and Metallica are my favs.)
Unfortunately, the underground songs will never get the recognition they deserve. The allmighty dollar rules all.
If some of these groups do produce a hit...then their fans call them sell-outs. They can't win.:(

Dogstar 05-16-2003 10:24 PM

Quote:

creed's lyrics are really really mediocre really...

Really? j/k, ;) couldn't help myself. But really, Lechium, that is YOUR opinion. And in MY opinion, underground hip-hop is not the only source for really good lyrics.

hayley 05-16-2003 10:28 PM

Underground hip-hop? :eye:

That's great GO CREED :band:

Bridge of Clay 05-16-2003 11:08 PM

Pop, in this case Lechium, includes all kinds of music.

Like an organogram:

____________________POP________________________
techno - country - folk - polka - samba - pop - rock - heavy metal - jazz - blues - etc...

So, yes, Iīm very happy they won it. And you make fun of techno and pop, but you like hip-hop??? cīmon, give us a break. Everyone is entitled to their own taste.

Coz they separate it from classical music (or is it just classic? :confused: )

And yes, I believe Creed is one of the band with the best lyrics. Unfortunately, weathered lyrics arenīt as good as mop and human clay, but theyīre still way over the average. On the other hand, musically, weathered kicks ass.

but thatīs just MY opinion.

Lechium 05-16-2003 11:09 PM

2njcreedite: Depends... Gorillaz had a big hit couple years ago, remeber that "Clint Eastwood" song? Guy who raps there is one of the top Cali underground figures and noone caled him a sellout for thsi song. He just faded from public eye fast.

2Dogstar: I never said it's the only. But there are quiet a few great lyricist's there.

Bridge of Clay 05-16-2003 11:12 PM

hereīs the winners list:
http://www.bmi.com/news/200305/pop_song_list.asp

yep, youīre right, Sheila!

how you remind me was the song of the year... :eye:

souldancer 05-17-2003 12:28 AM

Thanks for the info Marcos.
I love the depth, prose and messages of Creed's lyrics!! Their lyrics are a major factor of why I am a fan. And, as for hip-hop and pop, I prefer Dr. Seuss' Hop on Pop.

Dogstar 05-17-2003 12:30 AM

2 Lechium: Well, you didn't mention any other sources :D.

Lechium 05-17-2003 01:15 AM

2Dog: too lazy to list more.. well NIN has some good lyrics (see my sig), and defently Tom Waits (he's amazing overall). There's more but I'm lazy.

farmgirl 05-17-2003 02:08 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
creed's lyrics are really really mediocre really... there are very few bands who write good lyrics, and creed's not one of them.

P.S. for good lyrics listen to underground hip-hop

Are you serious? If Creed's lyrics are mediocre, you have been hanging around planet Uranus way too long.

They have awesome lyrics, one of the best of any band if not THEE best, IMO. I'm not familiar with "underground" hip-hop, didn't know there was such a thing, but if it's anywhere near regular hip-hop, there is no comparison to Creeds which are far more outstanding.

I mean does "Hurray for a child that makes it through, if there's any way, because the answer lies in you" compare to "Back Dat Ass Up"? I don't think so.

Does "It's funny how silence speaks sometimes when you're alone, And remember that you feel" compare to "Get Jiggy with it" or "Shake dat thang". I don't think so.

Just my opinion though.:rolleyes:
Rose (LOL)