CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   "Creed morphed into Scott Stapp" (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9818)

Dogstar 11-07-2005 12:55 PM

I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.

The Lithium 11-07-2005 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I think the tour schedule did them in, especially the Weathered tour. Scott's voice was pretty shot by the end of it. I'm not a big fan of Hanson.

I meant the schedule for the My Own Prison tour

titan9 11-07-2005 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar

Agreed. They really pushed the band wayyyy too hard on that final tour. It screwed up Stapp's vocals. If he was really bad off because of the schedule and car wreck, Hanson should have known better than to make him continue to tour like that. I know, Stapp probably could have stood up for himself and refused, but I believe him when he said he was taking one for the team. I think Hanson probably pressured him into it. I may be wrong, but that's what I think.

Dogstar 11-07-2005 01:55 PM

Oh, the pressures of the contract, obligation and money were probably ridiculous. Still, I wish he could have told them to f*ck off, but then again, people still would have complained had they canceled the tour after his accident.

titan9 11-07-2005 02:06 PM

Completely agree with you on that. There's just no pleasing everyone.

The Lithium 11-07-2005 02:23 PM

Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

Faceless_Man 11-08-2005 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
Stapp have said he was forced to it... But then again he said we was only taking one for the team... If he was forced to it he HAD to do it. If he only was taking one for the team it was his decision and he could've said no.

Uhhh...maybe read between the lines a little.
Maybe he FELT he was forced to take one for the team. What would you do if your other band members and unfinshed tour depended on it. If you were a good frontman, you'd continue on, even if you felt you couldnt. No one could flat out force him to do anything.

Bridge of Clay 11-08-2005 03:12 PM

there's always an excuse for Stappy...

ctfan 11-08-2005 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
He said that way before Alter Bridge released the album. Actually it was on the week before OYE was released.

Just in case I missed something, how do you know he's selling it? Hard Rock Cafe also has copies of the platinum thing... and even if it's Hanson, he's starting his own business, what's wrong in leveraging some capital ? Maybe the ones here who are rich enough to clean the ass with 100 dollar bills can take a laugh at him, but that's not my case...

No, I can't "clean my ass with 100 dollar bills", but it would be grand if I could. :D

titan9 11-08-2005 03:18 PM

I dunno, man, but I've been reading some stuff today(that may or may not be true) regarding Stapp....and maybe Hanson wasn't lying about Flip/Mark being able to end Stapp's career. I'm not going to say anything negative, nor am I going to say where I read the stuff, because I am still a fan of the music and what I read could be a big fat lie. I just wanted to take back what I said earlier about finding Hanson hard to believe. Because if what I read is true....Hanson isn't that hard to believe. That's all I'm saying.

Faceless_Man 11-08-2005 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
there's always an excuse for Stappy...

Question: Are/Were you a fan of Creed? If so, you're very ungrateful.

titan9 11-08-2005 03:49 PM

I think you can be a fan of an band/artist's music, but not a fan of the person behind it. You know the saying "worship the music, not the person"? I think that applies here.

ctfan 11-08-2005 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
What the fuck does it matter? Are you trying to use that as a good argument? Creed owe all their success to Jeff! Thanks to his sharp tour schedule Creed had their big break-out. And still... Jeff have been with Creed through all these years, I think he knows the truth better than you.

See... ctfan... COOL IT!!!

Four ambitious hard working young men made Creed successful.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Four ambitious hard working young men made Creed successful.

Hard working? Give me a break. This isn't just Creed, though. People in the music business don't know what hard work is, and anyone who tells you otherwise is just as ignorant.

ctfan 11-08-2005 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I dunno, man, but I've been reading some stuff today(that may or may not be true) regarding Stapp....and maybe Hanson wasn't lying about Flip/Mark being able to end Stapp's career. I'm not going to say anything negative, nor am I going to say where I read the stuff, because I am still a fan of the music and what I read could be a big fat lie. I just wanted to take back what I said earlier about finding Hanson hard to believe. Because if what I read is true....Hanson isn't that hard to believe. That's all I'm saying.

This sudden revelation that Hanson said that Mark & Co could ruin Stapp's career is new to me, this is the first I've heard of it. Who he supposedly said it to, and who got the whole thing started, I don't know, but from what your saying it seems as if it's going to turn ugly, just as everything does.

So is this the reason why AB's interviews were so negative towards Stapp?? According to BoC, that statement was made the week OYE was released.

Hanson no longer manages AB, and he no longer manages Stapp. He got paid back ten-fold for his work with Creed, and he now has his things up for sale on E-bay. I guess it's karma time. My opinions of Hanson stand as they are.

titan9 11-08-2005 04:33 PM

Well, some guys on here have been saying for a month(maybe more) that one of them talked to a guy close to the band(now apparently we know that it was Hanson) who said that Mark and Flip could ruin Scott's career if they wanted to. I didn't believe it, because it seems like a pretty ridiculous thing. However, I was reading a radio interview today(w/Stapp) that was done a couple of weeks ago. Anyway, I told my friend about something that Stapp said in the interview that I found to be a bit strange(FYI: a recap of the interview was posted at PBF not that long ago, and that is what I read) and my friend was kinda surprised by it. Anyway, he does this google search and pulls up something that, if true, completely changes my thoughts on the "Mark and Flip could ruin Stapp's career" thing. The thing that I read(and I do not want to start any rumors) was never posted about on here, but was briefly mentioned on PBF a few months back. There are signs that it could be true, and signs that it could be false(if that makes any sense). I'm not going to post the link or discuss it anymore, because I do not want to spread a potential lie(and it has not been confirmed as being true or false). But I'm sure if you looked at PBF, you might be able to find the topic, though the original post has been greatly edited.

Back to the original topic, though. Uncertain, maybe the guys behind Creed didn't work as hard as some bands do, but I know that the guys did work hard. Just because they didn't work as hard as some, that doesn't mean that they didn't work hard.

Steve 11-08-2005 05:16 PM

First, regarding Hanson selling his Creed stuff - how do you use that to draw conclusions that (a) he's poor and needs money, and (b) it discredits any work he's done for Creed? And no one here even knows who is the actual seller of the plaque. You do realize that many of those plaques are given away to radio stations, in contests, etc. Lots of people have plaques like that, and they use it to make their own loot based on the prestiege of the item.

Secondly, let's stop all the speculation on what Hanson did or did not say regarding Creed, AB, and Stapp. Unless it's documented in an article, magazine, interview, or witnessed in person, it can't be proven. Keep the rumors and speculation off the forums.

The Lithium 11-08-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceless_Man
Uhhh...maybe read between the lines a little.
Maybe he FELT he was forced to take one for the team. What would you do if your other band members and unfinshed tour depended on it. If you were a good frontman, you'd continue on, even if you felt you couldnt. No one could flat out force him to do anything.

Dude, you need to chill... I was objective. I just said if he were forced to it, he had to do it. If the took one for the team, he made a decsision. But yes, I do think there'll always be an excuse for Stappy! But that's not what I said.

You need to chill and not acting like you own the place after posting 10 posts! Seriously... For your own best. Calm down a little bit, you'll just get yourself into trouble if you don't. I think Dogstar already told you to chill a little, huh?

And I would just like to add Steve's post was great, and I agree with it, almost to 100%. But I do think people should keep specualting, just maybe not in this amount.

titan9 11-08-2005 05:37 PM

I agree, we do need to keep that speculation off the forums. The only reason I mentioned anything was to justify myself in saying that what Hanson said could be true. Great post, Steve.

Steve 11-08-2005 06:53 PM

Just want to add that we all speculate based on what we've all seen and heard and derive our own, sometimes biased, opinions. And once in awhile we post on the forums. That's fine. I've done it myself in the past I'm sure. However when speculation and rumors take over the entire conversation, that's when it needs to stop. People are arguing over rumor and not fact so in essence, the arguments are pointless.

Creed7352 11-08-2005 07:02 PM

Quote:

myles rants of 80's music past.

you really should do some homework before spouting crap like that out...myles' influences come from the 60's and 70's, not the 80's...and also from jeff buckley (of the 90's)

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 07:41 PM

Quote:

Back to the original topic, though. Uncertain, maybe the guys behind Creed didn't work as hard as some bands do, but I know that the guys did work hard. Just because they didn't work as hard as some, that doesn't mean that they didn't work hard.

Playing music is not work. I suppose one could make the argument that touring is work, but I don't buy that. They get paid to do what others PAY to do.

uncertaindrumer 11-08-2005 07:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
you really should do some homework before spouting crap like that out...myles' influences come from the 60's and 70's, not the 80's...and also from jeff buckley (of the 90's)

Don't bother... he knows as much about singing as I know about golf.

Mrprophetman 11-08-2005 09:38 PM

Quote:

Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.

Steve 11-08-2005 10:40 PM

Umm, are you saying that Hanson and Stapp's bandmates MADE Stapp take Prednisone? Woah...

Mrprophetman 11-08-2005 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Umm, are you saying that Hanson and Stapp's bandmates MADE Stapp take Prednisone? Woah...

Did they hold him down and stick the needle in his throat...NO. But Stapp has done interviews that indicate that management was involved. And the bandmates don't fool me with that "we didn't know what was going on" crap. How can somebody be totally clueless when Stapp couldn't sing one night and then miraculously could sing the next night? Treated by a physician that can no longer practice medicine.

They wanted the tour to go on...they wanted to work...they have said that themselves in interviews. You would think that selling 7 million freaking copies of the CD would have been enough. But I guess when a concert brings in an easy million its hard to let it go.

You know....others here have accused people of having their heads shoved up certain other people's orifices. I don't think Phillips and Tremonti had that problem....they knew. They just didn't care. But then that's just my opinion.

Creed7352 11-09-2005 03:16 AM

"scott stapp is a pathological fucking liar." --brian marshall

INDIGOSTEVE 11-09-2005 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creed7352
"scott stapp is a pathological fuking liar." --brian marshall

why are you putting this here? let it go already.

Bridge of Clay 11-09-2005 06:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Faceless_Man
Question: Are/Were you a fan of Creed? If so, you're very ungrateful.

I'm a die-hard Creed fan.

But being a fan doesn't mean I have to make up excuses for Stapp. He's a grown man who can take responsability for his acts. If he wants to apologize or justify (no pun intended) his mistakes, he will. He doesn't need his fans advocating for him.

How about you? Are you a Creed fan? If so, then you're indeed ungrateful coz according to your logic, it's fine to bash Mark, Flip, Brian and Hanson. But if you say a word about all-mighty Stappy, then you deserve capital punishment... :rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay 11-09-2005 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
This sudden revelation that Hanson said that Mark & Co could ruin Stapp's career is new to me, this is the first I've heard of it. Who he supposedly said it to, and who got the whole thing started, I don't know, but from what your saying it seems as if it's going to turn ugly, just as everything does.

So is this the reason why AB's interviews were so negative towards Stapp?? According to BoC, that statement was made the week OYE was released.

Hanson no longer manages AB, and he no longer manages Stapp. He got paid back ten-fold for his work with Creed, and he now has his things up for sale on E-bay. I guess it's karma time. My opinions of Hanson stand as they are.

Just for the record and to close the discussion.

Jeff told a group of people from another board who reported it later.

stappissohot 11-09-2005 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
He's quickly becoming a legend in his own mind.

He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:

The Lithium 11-09-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Just want to add that we all speculate based on what we've all seen and heard and derive our own, sometimes biased, opinions. And once in awhile we post on the forums. That's fine. I've done it myself in the past I'm sure. However when speculation and rumors take over the entire conversation, that's when it needs to stop. People are arguing over rumor and not fact so in essence, the arguments are pointless.

THAT I agree with to 100%! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mrprophetman
Didn't Hanson and his former bandmates already try to end Stapp's career...with the drug Prednisone? The guy is actually lucky to be alive and still be able to sing. All for the love of MONEY.

No man, I think that was the doctors and Stapp's decision. Don't blame Hanson or AB for what the doctor did or Stapp hitting the wall or his mistakes or whatever. The man always had a decision. He could have canceled the tour. In the end you can't blame in on anyone but yourself. If you create your own prison - you are the only one who can get out it!

The Lithium 11-09-2005 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stappissohot
He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all? It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:

Come on... He's not better solo than in Creed, in Creed he could hit the notes. On The Great Divide he can't.

uncertaindrumer 11-09-2005 11:51 AM

Quote:

He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

Yes, in his own mind.

Quote:

he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

He is one of the most mediocre to below average singers of all time. There is NOTHING special about him and he often can't sing very well at all *coughhisnewalbumcough*

Quote:

and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that,

I have listened to him a ton. Everyone has. You couldn't escape his voice for about eight years.

Quote:

and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed,

No questioning that's wrong.

Quote:

and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Not as stupid as him.

Bridge of Clay 11-09-2005 12:10 PM

Quote:

He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is....

hahaha so you agree with Teri? ;)

Quote:

he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time

no, he's not underestimated... nor overestimated.

Quote:

and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed

Hellooooooooo... HUMAN CLAY!

Quote:

and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

Yeah we do. And you do a lot.

Quote:

It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:

No, it's worse for him coz over the years he created an cocky image of himself for the critics, press and public in general. The difference is his fans accept it and don't mind it, while the others don't accept and mind it.

titan9 11-09-2005 12:11 PM

*sigh* Why do you waste your breath in here, Uncertain? You know that in a Stapp forum, you're going to run into those who obviously disagree with your sentiment that Stapp is an awful singer. Bashing a singer in his own forum, imo, isn't right. Like I've said time and time again, I don't have a problem with it if it is done in another forum(like the AB forum). But when it is done in here, it crosses the line. You don't like it when people barge into the AB forum and bash Myles, do you? So why do you expect people to like it when you(or another anti-Stapp person) come into here and bash Stapp. It's like me going over to Ye Ole Usher forum and posting a message saying how much he sucks(and he does). It does no good.

Back on topic, I hope Stapp sounds good on his tour. I hope he can hit the same notes live as he can on his album. However, we won't know for sure if he can or can't until he starts touring. It should be interesting.

INDIGOSTEVE 11-09-2005 12:38 PM

Titan you are so right its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.

Creed7352 11-09-2005 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
why are you putting this here? let it go already.

because it was a joke...and it was perfect timing for it...everyone was getting all heated up and it fit.

Quote:

Originally Posted by INDIGOSTEVE
its funny how some like to judge like they are so perfect, so I say get over yourself.

said the one who does it towards AB constantly...:lol

Dogstar 11-09-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

He doesn't need to become a legend in his own mind he already is.... he's one of the most underestimated singers I think of all time and if you people would just shut up and listen for a while you'd see that, and he is way better solo than he ever was with Creed, and if he says stupid things, well what? Don't we all?

He WAS a great singer once. His voice isn't nearly as strong and soulful as it used to be. Listen to bootlegs from 98 and then from 2002. Huge difference for a number of reasons.

Quote:

It just is worse for him because he's being interviewed....you don't even know him.... :mad:
Neither do you.

Creed7352 11-09-2005 02:27 PM

well shit, he's not the only one being interviewed....lol..what does that mean?