CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Sevendust in concert -- Phreaking Awesome! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6653)

Higher_Desire 05-22-2004 03:02 AM

Sevendust in concert -- Phreaking Awesome!

I just got home from seeing Atomship, Cold, and Sevendust in concert here in Boise. Apartment 26 ended up not being able to be there for some reason or another. But the show was AMAZING!

There was one point, where this girl was jumping right behind me, and her right boob was going up and down my arm. And, there was this girl in front of me who seemed to like jumping backwards. When I'm at shows, I much perfer to be close up, so... well, you get the idea. Then another friend of her's was there too. For a while, I [unwillingly] served as a wall for the mosh pit. Two guys got thrown out for fighting, and there were two girls going at it for a bit. Not sure what happened to them, though.

Sevendust really had the crowd behind them all night. There was so much cheering afterwards for them, that we got them to come out and do an encore, which blew the roof off.

I got to meet Atomship afterwards and get their autographs. And on a side note, I was speaking with Joey, the lead singer, and I coyly brought up the subject of "since you're with Wind-Up records... have you got to meet Creed or Alterbridge, or know what's going on there?" He said they were all really nice guys, and that he was talking with "their drummer, Scott." Apparently, he was a fan of Creed before they became big, and was excited to get singed to WU, and dream of touring with them. He said that Scott told him that "Alterbridge is just a side project. We're still Creed. We will forever be Creed. Creed will be back recording together within time. We're not going anywhere." So, take that for what it's worth.

Overall, amazing night. The perfect way to end the school year, before finals week next week.

H-D :jam:

Sheila63 05-22-2004 08:34 AM

So happy to hear you had such an AWESOME time, Colin!! :jam:

That's very cool that you had the opportunity to meet Atomship and thanks for sharing what Flip said to Joey. :)

aussiecreeder 05-22-2004 09:01 AM

well what flip apparently said has thickened the plot a little! this is all so confusing. :o

great you had a great time including the girls rubbing up against you! lol why didn't i see sevendust when they were here earlier this year? *knocks head on table*

Higher_Desire 05-22-2004 02:07 PM

Oooh. And I forgot another story. After the show, this girl was fanning herself off with her skirt, and I learned that Sevendust also makes a very nice thong for thier lady fans. :D

H-D :hammer:

mshoneybuns 05-22-2004 02:22 PM

LMAO that was too funny :)

Dogstar 05-22-2004 04:25 PM

LOL, H-D! You are too funny. I'm glad you had such a great time! Very cool on Atomship and the words from Flip. Thanks!

Bridge of Clay 05-22-2004 08:18 PM

Oh, my!!!!!!!!!!

Flip is nice!!! I mean... Tom is nice! I glad he said that!

Dogstar 05-22-2004 10:27 PM

LOL, Marcos! :D

GeeK_2004 05-22-2004 11:16 PM

glad to hear that you had a great time !!!

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:38 AM

One more small story. But I will warn you, it's not quite as good as the other ones.

One of Sevendust's main tech guys, Jeremy, had his birthday that day, so we all sang happy birthday to him, and they had a small celebration. Then they had another one (with cake this time) about 20 minutes later. Lajon said something about that no one was to get the cake pregnant. Not sure what that meant. We never saw what was on the cake. Only the sides of it.

aussiecreeder 05-23-2004 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
One more small story. But I will warn you, it's not quite as good as the other ones.

One of Sevendust's main tech guys, Jeremy, had his birthday that day, so we all sang happy birthday to him, and they had a small celebration. Then they had another one (with cake this time) about 20 minutes later. Lajon said something about that no one was to get the cake pregnant. Not sure what that meant. We never saw what was on the cake. Only the sides of it.

oh dear.....

all these funny stories about girls at the sevendust gig! :) how much do they play from their earlier albums? any covers?

Higher_Desire 05-23-2004 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
oh dear.....

all these funny stories about girls at the sevendust gig! :) how much do they play from their earlier albums? any covers?

They played quite a few from Animosity, and most of Seasons. They did a couple I didn't recognize that may be from their one or two before them. And they didn't do any cover songs.

H-D :bump:

luvscott4ever 05-23-2004 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Apartment 26 ended up not being able to be there for some reason.

Well, I'll tell ya this, you didn't miss much, IMO!! We saw the same show 2 weeks ago, and I was sooo not impressed with Apartment 26. Maybe it was all the feedback we were getting, but I didn't like them. I will get the chance to see them again next week end at XFest, or should I say RiverFest (stupid name) But I have a feeling the feedback WASN'T the problem.
But I have to say, I'm sooo pumped to see Sevendust again. This will be my 4th time seeing them, and they are absolutely INCREDIBLE live!! They really get into their fans and performance. I don't think I've ever seen a frontman smile at the fans as much as Lajon does (He's soo cute.. :D ) They ROCK!!

Higher_Desire 05-24-2004 02:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luvscott4ever
I don't think I've ever seen a frontman smile at the fans as much as Lajon does (He's soo cute.. :D ) They ROCK!!

When he came out, his shirt was unbuttoned, and after about three songs, it came completly off. You'd probably like that, wouldn't you? ;)

H-D :bump:

JenRN 05-24-2004 09:01 AM

I LOVE SEVENDUST!!!! This is one group I keep missing on tour I want to see REALLY bad!!!!! :(