CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed's Greatest Hits Album? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5956)

tremontirocks! 02-26-2004 12:36 AM

Creed's Greatest Hits Album?

Hey everyone! I was just wondering if this "Greatest Hits Album" is still gunna come out this year. Does anybody know? And could someone plz explain wot was gunna be on it...All I know is that there were gunna be about 4 unreleased tracks..is that all thats gunna be on the album? Or not..im confused lol :confused:

velocityidp 02-26-2004 01:16 AM

All I want to see is a redone version of What If in the same style as the Alcatraz performance! That rocked so much despite Stapps shaky vocals... and redo My Sacrifice at a faster beat! It sounded SO much better at Alcatraz when the tempo was sped up... the single is sooo boring.

:)

Axlar 02-26-2004 04:35 AM

such an album would be cool.. would be cooler instead greatest hits.. a special edition album of songs.. like have the guys play around and do a lot of improvisation on the songs while playing them.. i.e. less stapp singing.. more music by mark and flip!

i wish they would tour europe :(

Creedfan1975 02-26-2004 09:33 AM

Well if there going to put 4 new songs on it then they might as well record about 6 more new songs and call it a album. :cool:

GeeK_2004 02-26-2004 09:41 AM

yep. yep

Creedfan1975 02-26-2004 10:14 AM

Dang double post :mad1:

creedsister 02-26-2004 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocityidp
All I want to see is a redone version of What If in the same style as the Alcatraz performance! That rocked so much despite Stapps shaky vocals... and redo My Sacrifice at a faster beat! It sounded SO much better at Alcatraz when the tempo was sped up... the single is sooo boring.

:)

Man your screwed In The head!!!!

creedsister 02-26-2004 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Creedfan1975
Well if there going to put 4 new songs on it then they might as well record about 6 more new songs and call it a album. :cool:

whooooooooooo yes!!!! :cool:

Jester 02-26-2004 04:30 PM

if it is a "Best Of Album" it better not have WAWO on it becasue that is no where near the best of Creed :)

DangerousDan85 02-27-2004 01:20 AM

well it was one of their biggest hits, so i'm sure it'll be on there

The Lithium 02-27-2004 02:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremontirocks!
Hey everyone! I was just wondering if this "Greatest Hits Album" is still gunna come out this year. Does anybody know? And could someone plz explain wot was gunna be on it...All I know is that there were gunna be about 4 unreleased tracks..is that all thats gunna be on the album? Or not..im confused lol :confused:

There's rumours saying that the new album will be a box of 3 CDs. One grand hits, one unreleased material and one new material. I really hope that's true. Anyway... Creed don't have enough songs to just do a album with just 4 more songs and then just oldies. Don't worry, they are going to give us some really hot stuff.

Can't guarantee that this rumours are true, I'm just a fan like you, but there is nothing wrong with hope and belive. I quote Mark Tremonti:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mark Tremonti
If you love it enough, then you will make it happen

See... Mark, the guy who spent almost his whole vecation in the studio with SubmerseD won't let the fans down. And have you read the last INK magazine? It says that they really want to take the fan club to the next level.

Creed is up to something, 'cause I don't think that they really are going to break up after this. Mark wants to do a solo album, that's why Stapp couldn't sing on it, 'cause it would be Creed. And Stapp problably release his solo album so people won't forget him when the new singer is in.

But sure... There is a 50% chance that they will splitt up, but why would they want to take the fan club to the next level? Why did Stapp said in the interview with MTV that "This does not mean the end of Creed. Mark is working on a heavier guitar solo project, Flip plays a lot of golf and we still love each other very much".

They might take a break in a few year or so, but I don't think they really are about to splitt up.

tremontirocks! 02-27-2004 04:21 AM

well said dude! :D

Axlar 02-27-2004 04:35 AM

they CANNOT splitt up due to legal stuff with windup.. they have a 7 album deal or something.. so i guess.. if theyre smart.. they will count mark/flip/brian and the scott album as 2 more so they are at 5.. then a greatest hits makes 6 and then all they have to do is put some more new stuff on a farewell album or so.. lol

The Lithium 02-27-2004 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axlar
they CANNOT splitt up due to legal stuff with windup.. they have a 7 album deal or something.. so i guess.. if theyre smart.. they will count mark/flip/brian and the scott album as 2 more so they are at 5.. then a greatest hits makes 6 and then all they have to do is put some more new stuff on a farewell album or so.. lol

Naaaa... That could be a deal, but Creed WILL find a way... Creed HAVE TO find a way...

creedsister 02-27-2004 12:23 PM

:jam: :jam: :jam:
Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Naaaa... That could be a deal, but Creed WILL find a way... Creed HAVE TO find a way...

katzthatsme 02-28-2004 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jester
if it is a "Best Of Album" it better not have WAWO on it becasue that is no where near the best of Creed :)

may not be but you can guarentee it will have it on it for the people who only like some of creed and not all of it

bobben 02-28-2004 09:42 AM

if Creed release a greatest hits album, which playlist do you guys want?
Max. 18-19 songs

My favourite:
1. Bullets
2. What If
3. Torn
4. Beautiful
5. One Last Breath
6. Faceless Man
7. My Own Prison
8. What's This Life For
9. With Arms Wide Open (just so it would sell)
10. My Sacrifice
11. Higher
12. Signs
13. One
14. Don't Stop Dancing
15. Wash Away Those Years
16. Weathered
17. Never Die
18. To Whom It May Concern

Give me yours!? :cool:

creedsister 02-28-2004 11:00 AM

to tell you the truth i cant think about this rite now~~but of course i will later,,But i would love to hear and acoustic version of whash away those years,And i guess a Few Live Songs or a least one on the greatest hits Cd, :cool:

The Lithium 02-28-2004 12:17 PM

Why don't you guys want WAWO? I think it's the best ballad that has ever been writen. Well, if it should be a greatest hits we all know which songs that would show up, but it will be a best of Stand Here With Me have to be on it 'cause I think it's be best song that every have writen. It's my favorit!

bobben 02-28-2004 06:09 PM

WAWO has done a lot of good for Creed, but also ruined a lot!! If they had never released that song, Creed would been seen as a hard-rock band today! I think that's a shame that just because of that song, people look at Creed as a pop\rock-band! :( That's the reason why I personally hate that song! But on another side, it cleared the path for all the other material which we all love! :music:

creedsister 02-28-2004 09:31 PM

I love A.W.O but i must say I like the video most of all There is No way i mean come on that the song could be missed on a G.H album But i agree with bobben to certian point thats the one song creed Will Always be Known For But there is a lot Of other ones two Like any good band for that matter That goes overlooked, But The song it self is powerfull Ballad indeed and that song reached A lot of people in A lot ways And This is one song that Means Alot To Stapp Im sure!! But I get to meanings Out of it At times All I get Out of it Is Heavean~~ :D

The Lithium 02-29-2004 06:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bobben
WAWO has did a lot of good for Creed, but also ruined a lot!! If they had never released that song, Creed would been seen as a hard-rock band today! I think that's a shame that just because of that song, people look at Creed as a pop-band! :( That's the reason why I personally hate that song! But on another side, it cleared the path for all the other material which we all love! :music:

What does it matter? We all know that Creed is a hard-rock band. If WAWO wouldn't have got that big DSD (Don't Stop Dancing) might have did it and people would still look at Creed as a pop-band. I quote Flip from the #3 INK magazine:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flip
The K-Rock Acoustic Christmas was somewhat humbling. We played on that first day, which was a little on the lighter side. The second day had Godsmack and others we felt we could have fit with better. But we were scheduled after Beck and Coldplay, and they put on great sets, but with a different sound. We came out after Coldplay and opened with "Bullets". About 30 seconds into the song people were walking out. It was somewhat humbing, but at the same time brought us back to reality. It was kind of positive rom a negative.

I laughed myself to death when I read that! :D :D :D :hammerlol :D :D

WeatheredWoman 02-29-2004 08:05 AM

WAWO definately has to be on a Greatest Hits Album... that song/vid attended me on Creed! "Catchy song "I thought at first... "Great looking singer" I thought at second hand... "What a VOICE". Let's check them out!

And then I went on a rollercoaster-ride through all their songs... They kept surprising me! I fell in love with them... musically, vocally, lyrically and visually!

They stand for a complete band! Their music can comfort me when I'm in a "soft" mood and it can satisfy me when I'm in a "hardrocking" mood... and everything in between :D Yep! The diversity drew me in... at last!
Most of the bands that are out there keep sounding the same... album after album! But Creed seem to menage to put different kinds of rock into each of their albums! I loooove Lullabye... I loooove Bullets... I have to admitt that there's one song that I dislike, that has to be "Sister". All the other songs are even to me!

I've tried but I can't come up with a complete Greatest Hits Album... too hard to choose!

creedsister 03-02-2004 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
WAWO definately has to be on a Greatest Hits Album... that song/vid attended me on Creed! "Catchy song "I thought at first... "Great looking singer" I thought at second hand... "What a VOICE". Let's check them out!

And then I went on a rollercoaster-ride through all their songs... They kept surprising me! I fell in love with them... musically, vocally, lyrically and visually!

They stand for a complete band! Their music can comfort me when I'm in a "soft" mood and it can satisfy me when I'm in a "hardrocking" mood... and everything in between :D Yep! The diversity drew me in... at last!
Most of the bands that are out there keep sounding the same... album after album! But Creed seem to menage to put different kinds of rock into each of their albums! I loooove Lullabye... I loooove Bullets... I have to admitt that there's one song that I dislike, that has to be "Sister". All the other songs are even to me!

I've tried but I can't come up with a complete Greatest Hits Album... too hard to choose!

I know it it supprised the heck out of me WW when all of creeds songs was like looking in a mirror when i checked all there stuff out and i was like Whats Going on here!!! Hey do ya know ur user name Would Have been one of my choices For One HAHAHAHA..... I dislike that has to be sister.......I know it.....that ones mine like ya did not know....LMAO hahahahahahahaha ROCK ON ROCK ON ROCK ON :jam: :jam: :jam: :jam:

The Lithium 03-02-2004 01:23 PM

I think Sister is a really great song!

creed_freak 03-02-2004 02:43 PM

here is my list.

1. torn
2. my pwn prison
3. what's this life for
4. one
5. what if?
6. say i
7. with arms wide open
8. HIGHER!!
9. wash away those years
10. inside us all
11. bullets
12. who's got my back?
13. my sacrifice
14. weathered
15. don't stop dancing
16. sister
17. beautiful
18. one last breath

not in any particular order.

The Lithium 03-02-2004 03:16 PM

It's an okay list. :boat:

creedsister 03-02-2004 04:33 PM

theres just too many too choose from Let Creed worry about hehe

NeedforCreed 03-03-2004 07:58 AM

Mop

Greatest hits would be MOP wouldn't it? Does that album rock or what? If I only had one album from any band, that would be it. :)

The Lithium 03-03-2004 08:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by creedsister
theres just too many too choose from Let Creed worry about hehe

Yeah, let's do that! :D

Quote:

Originally Posted by NeedforCreed
Greatest hits would be MOP wouldn't it? Does that album rock or what? If I only had one album from any band, that would be it. :)

No... I'd pick Weathered. That's so kick ass!! I think Stand Here With Me is the best song that has ever been writen.

Mr. Prophet Man 03-03-2004 08:39 AM

a greatest hits cd? i doubt it. First of all it's too early, second, creed is still young. A greatest hits cd would be appropriate...ummm... say before they break up, followed by a farewell tour of course.

hide 03-14-2004 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Prophet Man
a greatest hits cd? i doubt it. First of all it's too early, second, creed is still young. A greatest hits cd would be appropriate...ummm... say before they break up, followed by a farewell tour of course.

the greatest hits will be part of the anthology although it is too early unless......Anyhow I think the greatest hits will look like this!

1.My Own Prison
2.Torn
3.What's This Life For
4.One
5.Higher
6.What If
7.With Arms Wide Open
8.Faceless Man
9.My Sacrifice
10.Bullets
11.One Last Breath
12.Stand Here With Me