CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   christian rock? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7037)

aussiecreeder 07-08-2004 05:27 AM

christian rock?

i know the topic is a little sensitive around these parts but i figured there would be some who enjoy some christian artists and particulary christian rock. the best for me easily is third day (both musically and lyrically), jars of clay are preddy good and i must admit i did like dc talk back in the day! :D

hayley 07-08-2004 06:07 AM

Oooh, this will be an interesting topic.

To be honest, I don't know many christian rock bands. I hardly know any.

aussiecreeder 07-08-2004 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
Oooh, this will be an interesting topic.

To be honest, I don't know many christian rock bands. I hardly know any.

yeah this topic should be an interestering one. there are many bands who i guess are pseudo-christian bands such as 12 Stones, P.O.D, Lifehouse and of course Creed.

Alter Shredder 07-08-2004 03:13 PM

oooh i love christian rock. Ill give a list of what I like and what they are similar to or their styles

Pillar-Linkin Park, chevelle, 12 Stones
Thousand Foot Krutch-like Pillar
Disciple-harder rock, kinda like a slipknot i guess
Eternal Decision-mistaken for metallica
Demon Hunter-hard rock-slipknot, korn
12 Stones-self explanatory
P.O.D.-""
Blindside-another hard rock band-Cold, Breaking Benjamin
East West-like Blindside
Kutless-kinda creedish, 12 stonesish
the Swift-piano rock (kinda punkish)
Switchfoot, good light/alt. rock
DC talk-alt rock with some rap mixed in
Newsboys-rock
Audio Adrenaline-alt rock
Pax 217 rap rock
Relient K, MXPX-christian punk
Apologetics-christian form of Weird Al
if you want to see more bands go to christianrock.net it gives you rock and hard rock and hip-hop options.

Dogstar 07-08-2004 03:44 PM

Love 12 Stones! I didn't know Chevelle was listed as a Christian rock band, but I love them, too!

Steve 07-08-2004 04:17 PM

I know I keep promoting this band over and over again here, but Spirit Creek - www.spiritcreek.com - is a great Christian artist.

iknowkobe 07-08-2004 09:39 PM

many good bands mentioned but i guess i'm the first to mention Skillet. i love them. there one of my favorites as far as christian rock bands go.

devin

aussiecreeder 07-08-2004 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I know I keep promoting this band over and over again here, but Spirit Creek - www.spiritcreek.com - is a great Christian artist.

are you on their payroll by any chance? ;) i didn't listen to their lyrics obviously because i didn't figure they were a christian artist but the music was cool. give them more of a listen.....

the major problem with christian rock is that musically they are too derivative of what is popular in the mainstream. hey the kids are liking this style at the moment so we'll do the same a year later and that way we can give them the word in a "cool" way.

this is why IMO third day are a cut above the rest. they don't care about trends and they have gone from alternative grungy stuff ie:alien to more acoustic stuff and everything inbetween and of course some alternative country. lyrically they are not afraid to be up front and very positive and they are not ambigious. you know they are a christian artist straight away.

creedsister 07-08-2004 10:00 PM

I Love SwitchFoot And Third Day And Spirtcreek But i dont think its sentsitve As it use to be if anything I think Its going kinda mainstream :jam: :jam: :jam: ROCK ON As a matter of fact i think a lot artists and bands of today Is Getting More InTouch with their spirtual side!!! And that really does,nt make it christian Rock either

Higher_Desire 07-09-2004 01:20 AM

I love Christian rock. I can often be found listening to Air1 radio.

Some of my fave artists are:
Seventh Day Slumber (very great band)
Kutless
Switchfoot
Big Dismal
DC Talk
Newsboys
Audio Adrenaline
Reliant K
Cadaemon's Call
Third Day
Falling Up

... I'll probably think of more later.

H-D :pimp:

Alter Shredder 07-09-2004 02:12 AM

more to add Falling UP, Staple, Everyday Sunday, Fm Static, Subseven, Project 86, mercy me, phat chance, tait, kj-52 (i know hes rap)

PaulMcCoygirl 07-09-2004 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Love 12 Stones! I didn't know Chevelle was listed as a Christian rock band, but I love them, too!

I think he was just listing them as what Pillar sounded like.

I didn't know Project 86 was a Christian band. That's awesome! Hmmm, learn something new every day. :D

Alter Shredder 07-09-2004 10:23 AM

lol actually with chevelle, they were and i believe still are, on a christian label and their cds can be found in christian bookstores because of that. they did an interview where the guy asked if they were a christian band and they said no but they dont mind being mistaken for one, they have found a good fan base in the christian market. unlike some bands they embraced this label.

Alter Shredder 07-09-2004 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PaulMcCoygirl
I think he was just listing them as what Pillar sounded like.

I didn't know Project 86 was a Christian band. That's awesome! Hmmm, learn something new every day. :D

Yeah Project tried to disown their Christian market to do better on the mainstream market, but they came back and will be doing a tour with Pillar, Subseven, and Falling up this fall. Its going to be one great concert. I believe there are a couple of dates in your area, ill check on that for you.

Steve 07-09-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
are you on their payroll by any chance? ;) i didn't listen to their lyrics obviously because i didn't figure they were a christian artist but the music was cool. give them more of a listen......

heh actually I'm just a huge fan of their music and became a friend with the band about a couple years ago. Spirit Creek lyrics are not praise lyrics, they are more like Creed - the religious tones are there, but not coming at you head first.