CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Random Thoughts (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2148)

GoodGodGirl23 06-13-2012 06:39 PM

Re: Random Thoughts

Some people are such dick heads

VJ Raven 06-14-2012 04:23 PM

^^I hear you on that one!! *thinks of several people she cut the cords with*

Well, I'm on another writing roll... This !@#$^&* story won't leave me ALONE... I'm eating, sleeping, and breathing it. I've added another 10,000 words since last week and I'm really, REALLY starting to see things take shape!! :thud:

The only problem I have is that I have a TERRIBLE habit of having a scene get "in focus/gel" in my mind when both of the guys are home... NOT GOOD if I'm writing up something deemed "naughty" and that's what was gelling AFTER my son got home from school today... It's going to drive me nuts until I get some alone time to write.........

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!! :rolleyes: :grr: :banghead: :headbang: :thud:

Dogstar 09-24-2012 11:27 AM

Hope you got your project done, VJ.

Randomness: I love autumn!

VJ Raven 10-05-2012 06:00 AM

Thanks Dogstar. It's coming along really well. Since school started, I've added something like five or more chapters to it and I'm about 8 or 9 chapters away from wrapping it up. I THINK! LOL I couldn't write all summer due to scheduling, etc but when my son went back to school, it was like someone turned on a light switch. I'm now getting everything out that I wanted to during the summer. :D I've made a LOT of progress on it in the last year or so, hard to believe that last fall, I hardly had anything written up for it and now it's coming along so quickly that I can't breathe a lot of the time!! *BLINK*

My mentor (owner of the board I moderate on) will be published sometime later this month through a vanity press... I'm helping her with her book cover designs, so I'll be busy with that on the days I can't write. She got rejected a few times so she's going the self publishing route. I'll be going WONKY across the internet when she tells me I can start slapping the url to where one can purchase her books all over the place! Heh. :D

So yeah, it's been a great autumn so far. :D

Dogstar 10-05-2012 11:39 AM

Wow, good for you, VJ! Sounds very exciting!
Randomness: It's gorgeous outside. This is when I miss working nights :D

VJ Raven 10-15-2012 08:56 PM

Thanks Dogstar!! :D

It's official: My mentor's book was on the "shelves" as an e-book on Friday morning when I got up!! WOOT! I've been promoting her page all over FB and driving everyone NUTS with it... Hehehehe!! :bounce:

And I'm thinking my own first full length novel has about 5 chapters to go before the grande finale and epilogue. I've really come a LONG way in it since spring... I'm in the middle of writing chapter 40 at the moment!!! :eek: :hammerlol

Dogstar 10-16-2012 12:29 PM

Awesome, VJ, on both counts!

VJ Raven 10-20-2012 04:17 PM

Thanks!

And more good news... I finished Draft 1 of my own story yesterday! :D :bounce:

My eyes are KILLING ME!!! :thud:

Dogstar 12-13-2012 04:17 PM

How is your story coming along, VJ?
I have one more Christmas present to buy and then I'm done! Happy, happy. Most of my stuff is wrapped as well. I will be doing a lot of baking and cooking this weekend :)

VJ Raven 12-14-2012 08:06 AM

It's coming along pretty well, thanks Dogstar! :D I'm getting closer and closer to finishing Draft 2 of it... My mentor is currently in the middle of reading it and she's letting me know if she sees anything out of whack. I think when she is finished reading the entire thing and it's closer to my insanely high standards, I'll put it in Draft 3 (final polishing/proofing/editing) mode and that will be the final draft before I start sending it out. :D

It has over 207,000 words! :thud: I may wind up turning it into a duology, but that's not really acceptable in the romance genre. There are a couple of places that do accept novels of that length from unknown authors so they will be getting it for sure. :D

Dogstar 12-17-2012 03:02 PM

Sweet. It sounds as if you are making great progress.

VJ Raven 12-20-2012 07:01 PM

Thanks! P said it's a "page turner" and she's starting the second half this evening if she can. She got the last 26 chapters of it last night into this morning and I'd like to see her finish reading it by the time the new year rolls in.

I'm going to start researching agents and publishers again to make sure no one's submissions guidelines have changed in the last month or so. The one place I was looking at last year HAVE changed theirs and believe it or not, their guidelines fit my style of writing a lot more than they did last year this time. :D

I've had butterflies in my stomach since I sent the last chapter off to my mentor this afternoon... That means the instant she's done reading it and I've corrected any errors she's seen/picked up, NR will be in draft 3/final proofing mode, and after I'm done the final formatting, etc, I'll let it "perk" for a few days or a couple of weeks so I can see any remaining typos, etc a lot easier.

I'm just glad I have a ton of dreamcatcher kits, three Nora Roberts novels and Sinner's Creed waiting for me to read and do while NR is being looked over by publishers, and agents, so I don't feel like a squirrel on speed..... :thud:

VJ Raven 01-02-2013 09:34 AM

Well, my mentor has finished reading my manuscript and I've corrected any typos and anything else she's found. She also made a suggestion to make one of the climaxes near the end more plausible and I've done that.

Another friend of mine out in Washington State offered to be my second editor for it and I've sent it off to her... So after she's done with her editing (I'm expecting to make several grammatical and other revisions! LOL) my manuscript will go into its final draft mode and I'll start getting things like the cover letters and synopses ready for publishers and agents.

I've already finished the formatting. It's now set up in Draft 3 with the basic requirements for agents and publisher submissions. Double spaced, etc.

My husband's aunt suggested that I look into the local publishing houses around Nova Scotia and I have done that... One does look very promising. They're a smaller publishing house but focus on Canadian authors and stories set in Canada. Since my book fully takes place within Canada, mostly in Nova Scotia, they're on my list. I'm not saying just who all will be getting the manuscript for consideration, I'm scared I'll jinx myself if I do so... LOL :D

I'll let y'all know if I get an acceptance. I won't be able to keep the big yap shut if a publishing house accepts me! :D

Happy new year everyone. :D

Dogstar 01-02-2013 10:46 AM

Oh, wow, very cool. I will keep my fingers crossed for you!

VJ Raven 01-04-2013 07:37 AM

Thanks Dogstar! :D