CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   This is pissing me off... (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7636)

StillACreedFan 10-05-2004 06:38 PM

This is pissing me off...

Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?

Shadow 10-05-2004 08:24 PM

There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.

musiclover291 10-05-2004 09:11 PM

I have also decided to refrain from all the negative comments because I've learned that it does nothing but raise my blood pressure. I just say to Stapp "this to shall pass" and learn from his mistakes and move on in the path of coming closer to God and I wish him all the luck in the world.

TremontiRx 10-05-2004 09:22 PM

Quote:

For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him.

:roll:

creedsister 10-05-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StillACreedFan
Since when did October become Bash Scott Stapp and Creed month?

TO MANY MORONS That Aint Got Nothing Better To do with their time

Bridge of Clay 10-06-2004 09:14 AM

hmm... Mark's got a lot of trashing too.. so it depends on your point of view. Poor Myles Kennedy also got, and he had nothing to do with it.

I like both of them. So I support both...

Torn Daredevil 10-06-2004 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
Unfortunately others feel the need to bash Scott. Scott's voice has sold more then 30 million records. That should say something. I used to let it bother me that people were so against him. For every one person against him, there are probably 10 that love him. I'll support him in whatever he does.

Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

musiclover291 10-06-2004 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Scott's voice did NOT sell 30 million albums. Creed did. By making that comment, you are in turn claiming that Scott Stapp was Creed. That is unfair. I like his voice, but he is not Creed. He is 1/4 of Creed, no more. It's safe to say he has some ego issues. That is why people feel the need to bash him. While I thought his voice was great in a unique way, celebrities being egomaniacal asses pisses me off. I hope Stapp does well and support him as long as he is not an egomaniac, but it appears he is (or was) that way.

The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that. People (like myself) partially dislike Stapp because we are sick of giant personalities in rock music. Enough is enough. The day I hear about lots of instantances of Myles Kennedy giving bad performances, not going to soundchecks, and not talking to his bandmates, being overly concerned with real estate deals, I will lose respect for Myles, too. But, I doubt that is going to happen, as their have been no indications of anyone in AB acting like that.

ROCK ON ALTER BRIDGE! And, Stapp, you have a great voice (not as good as Myles), but it's not about you. It's about your friends/bandmates, and the fans. Good luck and I wish only well for you...

TornDaredevil

You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates. If Stapp's has other interest and not just music there are many fans that support that as well. For some artists music is there entire life and for others they like to do more than one thing and it does not make one artist better than another.
I don't know if you are accurate in thinking that alot of Creed fans have turned to AB because Mark and AB are getting bashed just as hard as Stapp is now. I personally try to stay at boards that are respectfully to both AB and Stapp.

Thanks

Dogstar 10-06-2004 07:12 PM

Quote:

You are entitled to your point of view but like or not Stapp's voice did sell 30 million along with the music of the other bandmates.

His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.

musiclover291 10-06-2004 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
His voice HELPED sell 30 million records, along with the music of the other bandmates. This constant division is driving me batty. CREED were A GROUP!!! The GROUP sold 30 million records. One member wasn't solely responsible for the success of the band. ALL of them were.

I agree that is what I was trying to say.

Thanks

StillACreedFan 10-06-2004 07:58 PM

Scott Stapp was a huge part of Creed. You may disagree, but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.

Dogstar 10-06-2004 08:08 PM

Quote:

... but the lead singer and frontman is more than 1/4 of the band.

I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.

Jooji_2 10-06-2004 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
The reason so many have turned to Alter Bridge is because there is not one person in that group that acts as if they are superior to others, nor has anyone ever claimed that.

Many have turned to Alter Bridge? :wtf:

StillACreedFan 10-06-2004 10:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I do disagree, especially in this case, given that while Scott wrote most of the lyrics, Mark wrote most of the music. Not to mention the undeniable contributions of Brian Marshall on bass and Flip on drums. The same dumb arguments about Alice In Chains run rampant at the Jerry Cantrell boards. In both cases there is an undeniable chemistry that created the magic and the music. One would not have succeeded to the extent that they did without the other.

I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

Bridge of Clay 10-06-2004 10:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
Many have turned to Alter Bridge? :wtf:

well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

StillACreedFan 10-06-2004 11:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
well... the majority of Creed fans moved to AB... a share became only-Stapp fans... and a few still support both sides.

Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.

morethantheimag 10-06-2004 11:40 PM

Scott is human, people! Not an image!

Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.

musiclover291 10-07-2004 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by morethantheimag
Quote morethantheimage

Why can't we all just realize that Scott is human and has his bad times too?? I totally support him and hope someday to meet him in Florida and let him know that at least one supporter realizes that an "image" is just that.."an image"....he is entitled to problems just like the rest of us. And, yes, I was at the Chicago concert and I think no less of him.

Very well stated Amen!!!!!!!!!

Bridge of Clay 10-07-2004 08:22 AM

Quote:

Count me as someone that support both.

I don't see why everyone can't just do that.

ditto!

Torn Daredevil 10-07-2004 10:32 AM

I think it's hilarious for someone to say "for every 1 person that hates Stapp, there are probably 10 more that love him.."

ROFL!

kariyanine 10-07-2004 11:58 AM

hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.

Torn Daredevil 10-07-2004 01:55 PM

I am still ROFL! Because it's funny!!!!!!!!!!

BobbyMcGee 10-07-2004 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariyanine
hellboy,

why would you be ROFL about that. It is most likely closer to true than you think. Maybe love is too strong of a word there but truthfully for every one person that bashes Scott there are probably ten that support him. Just because someone likes Alter Bridge doesn't mean they dislike Scott and vice versa. And just because he is constantly bashed on these boards doesn't mean that alot of people on these boards don't support him either. It's easier for people to stay out of the whole Scott debate issues that turn into general name calling by the end of it all.

Yeah I'm a little confused by that also. And how true your last statement is!
________
YAMAHA VIRAGO 750
________
Alaska medical marijuana dispensary

Dogstar 10-07-2004 02:52 PM

Well, we do try to keep a lid on the name-calling here. It's fine to debate, but name-calling is unnecessary.

Jooji_2 10-07-2004 10:51 PM

Just because I listened and decided I don't like AB's music doesn't mean I don't support them...I do wish them luck. But I'm not gonna buy music I don't like simply because THEY made it. :D

jbjfan 10-08-2004 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
There are a lot of things I can say here, but I will refrain.

Let's just look forward to the rerelease of Relearn Love on October 19.

i know what you mean! it's made me angry too! thats one of the reasons i satyed away from some sites is becasue they feel the need to blame scott for everything that went wrong. it's hard when the man you've looked up to since you were 8 years old is getting such a tough break! :mad:

Jooji_2 10-09-2004 10:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it. :D

DekWannaBFlea 10-10-2004 12:47 AM

Quote:

You might be accurate in saying that alot of online Creed fans support AB....but alot of non-computer using fans don't even know they exist.

Dude, didn't Weathered sell something like 700,000 copies in its first week of release? I don't think claiming that the majority of Creed fans moved to AB is quite proveable if you compare record sales. It appears a hell of alot of Creed fans haven't bought One Day Remains.

Its not that I don't support AB.....I just don't like their music. When they actually record something I like....I'll buy it. :D

If you support AB you will listen to their music and maybe go to a concert. Thats how you support a band. Supporting the band means you support what kind of music they are putting out their, you are not. When you start liking the music and buying the cd etc, you are supporting the band.

And i hope they don't change the music just to get support of former fans like you.

DekWannaBFlea 10-10-2004 12:51 AM

Quote:

I'm not trying to discount the contributations of Mark, Flip, and marshall. They all made Creed great. But when I think of Creed, the first guy that came to mind was Stapp.

You're entitled to your own opinion.

And thats what you think, when i first heard creed i liked tremonti's badass guitar riffs better. Just depends who you ask, don't asume just because you think it everybody else thinks the same way.

DekWannaBFlea 10-10-2004 12:55 AM

Quote:

Weathered was an the third album by creed, one day remains is a debut by alter bridge. There is no way you can compare the two.

fluttergirl 10-10-2004 01:28 AM

Quote:

Well if you don't not support them, that would mean that you DO support them. I have to go with Dek here, every single one of your posts I have read have been derogatory both to AB as people, and musically, which I simply can't fathom.
Why is it ok to not like AB and like Stapp, when everyone here is supposedly Creed fans, and therefore alienating more than 3/4s of Creed?
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, and I think I'm being civil about this (by the way Jooji_2, this isn't directed to you, just in general), and really, honestly, just looking for a civil answer, no burns. The fighting and bickering isn't going to stop here until there are either simple understandings of respect towards other people's opinions, or tolerance of the difference of opinions here. For some reason, people can't seem to just agree to disagree, they have to blow everything out of porportion.
I dunno, maybe because I started out at ABrocks and was never *really* exposed to the immature must-have-the-last-post attitude that I'm finding popping up around here, but (other than that) I really do like this board, there's just these random posts that end up getting nasty, and whole threads like this that might as well say "AB vs. Stapp".
Why?

kariyanine 10-10-2004 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
Weathered was an the third album by creed, one day remains is a debut by alter bridge. There is no way you can compare the two.

Unfortunately that is the problem here with comparing of record sales.

ODR is a debut but it is also a debut from 3/4 of what was arguably the biggest rock band on the planet. So it can't be compared to MOP or Weathered. If you want to compare record sales compare it to Velvet Revolver's album. They are kind of in the same position band wise.

Frankie 10-10-2004 12:33 PM

Quote:

If you want to compare record sales compare it to Velvet Revolver's album. They are kind of in the same position band wise.

If that's what you want...

Okey Doke...Velvet Relvolver has been listed in the top 50 of the Billboard chart ever since they debuted at #1 ...17 weeks ago...and have been certified Platinum by the RIAA

ODR did debut at #5...but sales plummeted and it was gone from the top 50 in 6 weeks. They were called "one week wonders" by Entertainment Weekly.

I think people are comparing ODR to Weathered because AB fans keep saying that AB is better with Myles than Creed was with Scott....and they are just using Weathered's #1 debut...with sales of almost 900,000 with an 8 week stay at the top...just to try to show that all Creed fans did not embrace AB the way people say they have.
AB may be a "new band"...but they purposely came out with the announcement of the Creed break-up to take full advantage of the Creed connection and expected to reap the benefits.

Jooji_2 10-10-2004 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DekWannaBFlea
If you support AB you will listen to their music and maybe go to a concert. Thats how you support a band. Supporting the band means you support what kind of music they are putting out their, you are not. When you start liking the music and buying the cd etc, you are supporting the band.

And i hope they don't change the music just to get support of former fans like you.

First of all...I'm a Creed fan....not a former Alter Bridge fan...that would indicate I would have been a fan in the first place. I did listen...I believe I've said that before. They aren't interested in playing anywhere near my hometown or even in my home state.....I'm not driving for four hours to Atlanta to see a concert.

All I have ever said is that I don't care for their music. I don't think I'm alone in that feeling. If wishing them well isn't good enough....then I guess I can't support Alter Bridge then. And if the second album sounds like the first...I can pretty much guarantee I won't be buying that one either.

Jooji_2 10-10-2004 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fluttergirl
Well if you don't not support them, that would mean that you DO support them. I have to go with Dek here, every single one of your posts I have read have been derogatory both to AB as people, and musically, which I simply can't fathom.
Why is it ok to not like AB and like Stapp, when everyone here is supposedly Creed fans, and therefore alienating more than 3/4s of Creed?
I'm sorry if anyone doesn't agree, and I think I'm being civil about this (by the way Jooji_2, this isn't directed to you, just in general), and really, honestly, just looking for a civil answer, no burns. The fighting and bickering isn't going to stop here until there are either simple understandings of respect towards other people's opinions, or tolerance of the difference of opinions here. For some reason, people can't seem to just agree to disagree, they have to blow everything out of porportion.
I dunno, maybe because I started out at ABrocks and was never *really* exposed to the immature must-have-the-last-post attitude that I'm finding popping up around here, but (other than that) I really do like this board, there's just these random posts that end up getting nasty, and whole threads like this that might as well say "AB vs. Stapp".
Why?

When you talk about respect...dont' you think it should really go both ways? I've never posted comments such as "Tremonti looks like he's stoned"....or "Tremonti needs to relearn music"....or told anyone "you're full of shit". I realize the fact that I don't like Alter Bridge's music isn't welcome here....if I'm perceived as a Stapp supporter...its because I sense that Stapp's music will actually be something I want to listen to.....not a battle of the bands all wrapped up in one band...who can play faster, more notes....louder. I haven't made my decisions based on one listen to Tremonti's music. I've read the lyrics to every song and listened more than once. If you want me to be honest....I loved Creed....and as a result of all of my observations...Stapp appears to be the one who contributed what it was that I loved most about Creed. And I'm not saying the others didn't contribute to the all round experience that was Creed.

The fact that Alter Bridge is 3/4's of Creed doesn't guarantee me as a fan. I've been told that at another message board. If I don't support and buy Alter Bridge I'm not a true Creed fan. Truth is...they aren't Creed...at least to me they aren't....and they never will be. I take alot of crap for those remarks. You can't fathom that I don't like Alter Bridge musically? That to me indicates you don't respect my choice. Why can't people understand that each of us has our own taste in music.

You try to make it as if people who support Stapp's efforts are the only ones contributing to the division between people....if you actually read every post here you will see that isn't actually the case. If I had a nickel for every time I've seen a post titled "Scott Stapp Sucks".....Or "Thank God Stapp is gone"....Stapp vs. Kennedy.....I think you get my drift. And I don't find those at Stapp message boards.....you find them in abundance at Alter Bridge boards.....(though I don't visit any official Alter Bridge boards....just the ones here, at VH1 and The Pit...I'm sure you've seen them too. So if you want to blame people for the AB vs. Stapp issue.....read some of those threads you find at Alter Bridge boards. Creed and Stapp fans would generally leave negative comments about Alter Bridge out of it if the consideration went both ways....but it appears that will never happen. And that isn't because Stapp fans refuse to let it die

Jooji_2 10-10-2004 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
I think people are comparing ODR to Weathered because AB fans keep saying that AB is better with Myles than Creed was with Scott....and they are just using Weathered's #1 debut...with sales of almost 900,000 with an 8 week stay at the top...just to try to show that all Creed fans did not embrace AB the way people say they have.

Thank you Frankie.....YOU got my point. :D

Ann Allusion 10-10-2004 02:10 PM

Quote:

(origionally posted by Frankie):
AB may be a "new band"...but they purposely came out with the announcement of the Creed break-up to take full advantage of the Creed connection and expected to reap the benefits.

these words definitely do appear to be true...more see it than some would care to admit.

Bridge of Clay 10-10-2004 03:01 PM

Do you honestly think Stapp won't be promoted as "former lead singer of Creed" ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji
Truth is...they aren't Creed...at least to me they aren't....and they never will be.

excellent. that's all AB wants.

Dogstar 10-10-2004 03:10 PM

Plenty of people see it and admit. They'd have to be nuts not have seen that. DUH. Any band or member going in a different direction would exploit the popularity of his former band to further his current project. That sounds like marketing 101 to me. I'll be shocked if we don't see "Former founder/lead singer for CREED" on Scott Stapp's solo project. This is a non-issue.

Ann Allusion 10-10-2004 03:18 PM

and there is no integrity in that type of marketing...will stapp do it so blatently as AB did?...would like to believe that he will take a higher road and market himself on his abilities, which we know he has...the media may choose to mention the Creed connection...but it would be refreshing to see stapp choose another way of marketing his music...

when one wishes to be known for who they are now, than what they were, they will learn from the past, and live in the present...just my thoughts on the subject...nothing more.