CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's wrong with you, people? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=2827)

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
Band with rebelious/crazy image can do thinkgs like creed did. Cuz that's part of their image, people can expect that, as they do such things shwo after show.

Band that is vieweed as Christstian band, and has goody-good image will be sued in such a case, cuz people did not expect such behaviour from them.

So 2Julie: some bands can be sued in such a case. Some bands cannot.

EVERY BAND SHOULD THEN!

Lechium 04-25-2003 03:04 PM

No. You're missing the point...

Actually... ok -- every band who's fans cannot handle such behaviour.

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 03:23 PM

Rob puts on his Judge Judy voice (New York accent and all):

"Don't avoid the question Madam! What would I say - to Scott Stapp?"

And this is what I think Judge Judy - who you said rocks - would say to Scott:

Judge Judy: "Sir - you were drunk! You were supposed to perform a show, and you were so intoxicated, that you could not perform!"

Stapp: "Ma'am...I had been drinking because I was having a very rough time..."

Judge Judy: "Stop! I don't want to hear about how much pain you were in. How much you were suffering... You sir had a job that night to sing for 15,000 of your loving fans! You were too drunk to do so..."

Stapp: "But...ma'am - the other members of the band played the show through....the audience got to see Creed..."

Judge Judy: "Mr. Stapp, how stupid do you think I am? You are part of a musical group. You are the lead singer! As part of that musical group - you are obligated to sing with them. On that night you did not sing. You threw a microphone....you took off your shoes....you laid down on the stage and showed the audience your feet....you even left the stage for minutes at a time... Mr. Stapp, you did not perform to the level at which you usually do!"

Stapp: "Ma'am - the fans would understand...they got a unique show."

Judge Judy: "That's your defense? That they got a unique performance? That is not a defense, Mr. Stapp! You did not perform to the standards to which you had on each and every other night of the tour. You were drunk Mr. Stapp, severely intoxicated...."

Stapp: "But..."

Judge Judy: "Judgement for the plantiff in the mount of $227....that's all...."

And that's exactly what is going to happen if this goes to trial....

--*Rob

Lechium 04-25-2003 03:28 PM

I think they'll settle it off court thou.

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 03:30 PM

Better for the band if they come out right now and apologize and refund the money of their own volition or schedule a make up show. They could get the lawsuit dropped before this gets bigger then it already is.

--*Rob

Dogstar 04-25-2003 03:33 PM

I hope it gets thrown out, but if it doesn't, I agree they will settle first. I really don't think they would want to go to court with it. In any event, it's bad news for venues and entertainers.

JenRN 04-25-2003 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by robaustin1701
Lechium,

They don't care here.  It's too rational an explanation.  All they care about is the delusion that the band is being persecuted.  They are like most other enablers for people who drink to excess.  They are in denial. They make excuses.  Then they get angry, defensive and shut you out.  Welcome to their world.  They'll now tell you to go to hell and leave.

<sigh>

I never thought I'd meet MEAN Creed fans. &nbsp;But I did. &nbsp;They are here. &nbsp;In droves. &nbsp;

--*Rob

Your arrogance sickens me:rolleyes: Who the hell do you think you are anyways? You have posted 44 times so far on nothing but running your damn mouth, can't you take a hint? We DON"T agree with you:rolleyes: So because we don't agree with you the "superior one" it makes us idiots? Man you have a lot of growing up to do!

hotforscott 04-25-2003 06:02 PM

I second what Jen said, you have a TON of growing up to do.

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 06:27 PM

Actually,

You're the one who has a lot of growing up to do. Because you can't separate your emotions from the rational situation. Maybe you don't want to, and that's fine, but it won't make the situation any better for the band. I've at least offered rational solutions for the band to solving the problem of the lawsuit. They need solutions now, not people saying "We love you man."

Let me put it this way:

If your friend murders someone - really and truly commits an awful heinous crime - for whatever reason - they commit it. They have to answer to the law for that crime. They will have to go to trial, and ultimately, be held accountable for their actions.

Now - they are a close friend. Does that make them any less your friend? No. Does it make what they did right? Absolutely not. Do they still have to answer to the law in a trial in a court of law? Yes. Can you support them? Sure, you can offer them words of encouragement, but that will only get them so far. You can sit there and let your emotions rule your head and be in denial - "Oh so what they killed someone, so what get over it." Or you can sit there and let your emotions rule your head and make excuses -"Oh they were in pain that night." But the rational, logical thing is - they still did what they did, and have to be held accountable for it.

Now - before you jump all over me about CRIME - I know Scott did not commit a crime. But he did something which ultimately, because of a lawsuit, needs to be held accountable for. Whether ot not the lawsuit is right or wrong is irrelevant. The lawsuit exists, whether you like it or not. So you can sit here and let your emotions rule your head and be in denial "Oh so what Scott drank and gave a lousy show, get over it" - or you can sit here and let your emotions rule your head and make excuses - "Oh he was in pain that night". But the rational, logical thing is - he still did what he did, and still has to be held accountable for it, because of the lawsuit.

--*Rob

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 06:32 PM

Um...ok! Creed didn't kill anyone though so bad stradgety:rolleyes:

robaustin1701 04-25-2003 06:59 PM

See - that's what I mean - because you are letting your emotions rulle the rational, logical portion of your brain, you can't FATHOM separating them. This is emotional immaturity. Emotional maturity is being able to think rationally and logically about a situation without letting one's emotions cloud their judgement.

It's basic psychology.

I know I know.....you don't care....

Go take the emotional IQ test:

http://www.emode.com/tests/eiq/authorize/r...s/eiq/index.jsp

I'll bet the folks who are agreeing with me score higher.....

--*Rob

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 07:03 PM

Why don't you take your emotion IQ test and go back to creed pit;)

JulieCitySlicker 04-25-2003 07:10 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by robaustin1701
See - that's what I mean - because you are letting your emotions rulle the rational, logical portion of your brain, you can't FATHOM separating them. &nbsp;This is emotional immaturity. &nbsp;Emotional maturity is being able to think rationally and logically about a situation without letting one's emotions cloud their judgement.

It's basic psychology.

I know I know.....you don't care....

Go take the emotional IQ test:

http://www.emode.com/tests/eiq/authorize/r...s/eiq/index.jsp

I'll bet the folks who are agreeing with me score higher.....

--*Rob

So we are all stupid just because we don't agree with you, now that is immaturity:rolleyes:

Bridge of Clay 04-25-2003 07:11 PM

doh, Rob...

why would I be mature with you? itīs not worthy, unless the topic was something else... you keep pushing us, you keep dissing the band... I already said I disagree with what Stapp did, and I disagree with the suit too. A make-up concert, though, would be good for the bandīs image and to settle things down. I agree when you say JHMP failed and have been failing... but now itīs gone, you canīt turn back time. And needless to say, but why now if th concert was 4 months ago?

Letīs give the band a break and see what theyīll do when they come back.

:peace:

goddess_bb 04-25-2003 07:17 PM

Rob,
You are one brave son-of-a-bitch!! I like your Judge Judy thing, it was actually kind-a funny.
As far as Creed goes, they are in a unique position to show the world how good of people they are. They need to make retribution in some form because no matter who doesn't like it, this incident is not being forgotten. It is a sticky situation because if they admit wrong-doing they open themselves up to being found guilty in court and that could potencially destroy them.
But as many people have said before me they need to do SOMETHING!! This lawsuit is like a gun cocked ready to fire with the concert goers fingers on the trigger....

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: