CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Time To Vote (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6802)

titanguy9 06-06-2004 12:34 AM

Time To Vote

Who are looking foward to most, alter or stapp. Personally for me its alter...

DangerousDan85 06-06-2004 12:44 AM

i'm looking forward to both equally

Dogstar 06-06-2004 12:45 AM

Same here.

HuMaN~ClAy 06-06-2004 01:11 AM

yea, i'm stoked about both too. i voted alter bridge tho just because it's so close. but i'm dying to hear new stuff from stapp, his voice is so different than anything else i've ever heard, a lot more full sounding.

Bridge of Clay 06-06-2004 01:14 AM

me too.

hayley 06-06-2004 01:33 AM

You have no "BOTH". So, I'm not voting.

This will turn out to be one stupid thread, everyone will start arguing about whos siding with who, and it will turn into a big mess.

Run away before it's too late

Vixen_255 06-06-2004 04:53 AM

Both for me. :D

Shadow 06-06-2004 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
Run away before it's too late

:lolsign:

TeriB19 06-06-2004 09:22 AM

If you change it to add "Both" I'll vote too.

aussiecreeder 06-06-2004 09:27 AM

i must admit at the moment i am more pumped for Alter Bridge simply because we are closer to hearing their stuff and we have a fair idea of what they are likely to sound like. plus i can't wait to hear mark shred it up and hear myles voice with that music. also i am looking forward to hearing flip's drumming espescially in metalingus.

can't wait for stapp's either, to hear his music (which is intriguing me i must say) and the involvement of the tea party (which we know 100%) and lenny kravitz which appears likely.

WeatheredWoman 06-06-2004 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
If you change it to add "Both" I'll vote too.

Here another "Both"-votee!!!

luvscott4ever 06-06-2004 11:49 AM

Both, for me too I guess! I'm finding it kinda hard to get up for either at this point in time. I'm waayy to bummed about the "official" news, for right now. I will get over it though. We've all known for a long time that it was coming. But to hear/see it "official" REALLY SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

jbjfan 06-06-2004 05:01 PM

im not all that pumped for alterbridge. i dont know why but im just not up to all this change. i just wish our boys would stay together. but i respect their dicision. but if i had to pick i'd pick stapps solo album. mainly becuz his voice is so incredible and his lyrics are so deep. i guess i could listen to alterbridge though, i might like it by some chance. do you know when they will get out an album. if you have that info please share.

Bridge of Clay 06-06-2004 06:51 PM

Alter Bridge's album is called "One Day Remains" and hit stores 65 days from now, in August 10th, 2004.

Jooji_2 06-06-2004 06:59 PM

Three months ago.......

Three months ago....my vote would have been "both"......but I now have to admit that I'm really starting to look forward to what Stapp is doing. I keep reading what people have to say about Tea Party....and now find out that he has done some work with Lenny Kravitz. For someone who just couldn't seem to get the creative juices flowing.....he's been one music-making dude...it appears.

What I'm hearing about Alterbridge kinda leads me to believe that I'm not exactly the fan base they are looking for. I'll listen though....and then decide. :D

JulieCitySlicker 06-06-2004 07:15 PM

I'm more curious about Alter Bridge ;)

The Lithium 06-07-2004 03:18 AM

I can't choose, so I won't vote...

alterflip 06-07-2004 05:55 AM

ah...c'mon your swedish bastard...:D...lool...
haha...just kiddin lith...
i voted for alter bridge, cause i loved the music creed did..
the lyrics did not mean a thing to me unfortunatley...
:eek:

BigBassDrummer 06-07-2004 10:37 AM

I'm definitely more ready for Alter Bridge... I mean, Alter Bridge IS Creed... just without the ego trip. Don't get me wrong, I love Stapp's voice and lyrics, but you never know... Alter Bridge might turn out better then Creed. From what I've heard about Myles, I wouldn't doubt it...

Also, the Creed Greatest hits CD should be included in this poll too!

On another note, I still plan on buying all 3 of the albums... ;)

aussiecreeder 06-07-2004 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBassDrummer
I'm definitely more ready for Alter Bridge... I mean, Alter Bridge IS Creed... just without the ego trip. Don't get me wrong, I love Stapp's voice and lyrics, but you never know... Alter Bridge might turn out better then Creed. From what I've heard about Myles, I wouldn't doubt it...

Also, the Creed Greatest hits CD should be included in this poll too!

On another note, I still plan on buying all 3 of the albums... ;)

i'm expecting the music and vocals to be better and have more variety but the lyrics to be not as good, well at least in comparison to stapp's better vocals such as my own prison or is this the end. we'll see though i will be buying these two albums ASAP!

multifast1 06-07-2004 10:58 AM

Alter Bridge all the way for me. Not even close. I'll still follow Stapp's stuff and probably at least give it a good look when/if something actually comes out from him.. but I'm still skeptical of what he'll do solo.

I think the two are going to split the two major demographics they had as Creed. There's seems to be those who love them more from the MOP days and the harder, more "rock" vibe.. while a whole nother group picked up more on the inspirational or softer side with songs like WAWO and OLB.. basically the stuff that got play on all kinda of radio station formats. I mean they played OLB on at least 5 different stations here in Detroit. Talk about cross platform.

Sorry, I know I'm generalising a bit much but I do see a major devide in the fan bases. Actually I'd say Alter Bridge has a better chance of picking up some of the Stapp fans rather than vice versa because it sounds like they will have both hard rock and enough radio-friendly stuff as well... I can't see Stapp retaining too many of the fans that were into the heavier side of Creed, especially if he's collaborating with 7 Arelius (?sp), Tea Party and Kravitz. It's all just best guessing at this point though... I'll keep an open (well as open as it can get.. lol) mind until I actually hear it.

RMadd 06-07-2004 11:34 AM

while i prolly will by stapparoni's cd, i can't wait, period, for Alter Bridge to come out! it's gonna kick major ass!

14Fuel 06-07-2004 02:55 PM

I'm the same...............looking forward to both Scott's solo and Alter Bridge. I did vote..............thinking I could vote twice. Then realized I couldn't! Damn it! :) But yeah, my vote goes to both equally.

-Sherri

ggp2004 06-07-2004 03:34 PM

I can't choose! Scott's vocals first attracted me to Creed, but then I fell in love with the music also. I love these guys as artists and I hope I enjoy both. I can't wait to hear both of them!

Unforgiven Fan 06-08-2004 04:06 PM

Alterbridge...big mark/brian/flip fan.....

hayley 06-08-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i'm expecting the music and vocals to be better and have more variety but the lyrics to be not as good, well at least in comparison to stapp's better vocals such as my own prison or is this the end.

Yep, I'm expecting that aswell. Stapp is a brilliant songwriter, no songwriter will ever add up to him, in my own opinion because he is amazing. I'm very curious to see the lyrical content in the songs, I don't have to worry about the music because I know that that will kick ass. Not worrying about the lyrics, just curious.

PaulMcCoygirl 06-08-2004 05:52 PM

I voted AB. I'm sort of looking forward to Stapp's, but not as much as I'm looking forward to AB's. I'm more excited to hear it after reading what Michael said about the album. I think this is going to be THE album to buy this year for me. :)

The Lithium 06-13-2004 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alterflip
ah...c'mon your swedish bastard...:D...lool...
haha...just kiddin lith...
i voted for alter bridge, cause i loved the music creed did..
the lyrics did not mean a thing to me unfortunatley...
:eek:

Right now I am much more focused on AB because everyone is!! But I really don't know how Stapp's album will turn out to sound like, but I know it's gonna sound GOOD!! I don't think I can vote, sorry guys! :D Ask me when I've heard the both records! ;)

hayley 06-13-2004 10:04 PM

Yeah I'm more excited about Alter Bridge at the moment, but I'm sure once there is news about Stapp I'll be just as excited.

The Lithium 06-14-2004 06:21 AM

Yeah for real... I mean, we know a whole lot more about how AB will sound!! It will be like Creed, but as for Stapp - we have NOOO idea... Lenny on bass, Tea Party as back up, a hiphop producer and a "Creed meets The Doors, Led Zepplin and U2" sound... That can be real wicked man! :D And real good! :jam: