CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed Press Release (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6767)

goddess_bb 06-05-2004 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
Thanks- Shadow I just came from there when I saw your post...I appreciate your effort...
So now that I feel that I am caught up...may I add that what Mark said came as no big real big surprise to me so I didn't find it to be that derogatory. From what we heard from the media the last year of Creed...seems to follow what Mark said...

In my opinion and only my opinion, I was rather disappointed in the Weathered album...it was very uninspiring..I felt like it was the same song repeated..my point is not to bash but to point out that maybe it is true what Mark said about "holding eachother back". Here are two extremly talented people who were not meeting their potencial together anymore...
So I am not sad about the Creed break-up and I totally believe in Altar Bridge...Rock on Mark, Scott and Bryan..and now Myles..I am already a fan and I have not heard anything yet...go figure.. ;)

I got it Jooji...thank you!!

Bridge of Clay 06-05-2004 10:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow
But since yesterday, everything really has taken a different "feel". It's been a pleasure to come here (since yesterday) and "debate" as opposed to argue. :D

Yes, same here! :)

Jooji_2 06-06-2004 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SistahSami
What about the Abhrams Report? Maybe he could do one with them again.

I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.

Shadow 06-06-2004 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jooji_2
I'm sure he'd grant an interview to somebody who hadn't already misquoted him before.....I always heard that Stapp actually taped all of his interviews because he was misquoted so often.....you can't expect someone who's words are habitually taken out of context to trust anybody, especially MTV....I wouldn't if it were me.

I never heard that he prefered to tape his interviews. But, I do remember him saying he would prefer to do an interview that's in front of a camera, as opposed to an article that's just in print (because he didn't want to be misquoted).

It's not a secret how Scott felt about MTV. MTV never supported Creed. The only time I ever remember seeing Creed on there was when they were doing the Making The Video for My Sacrifice. MTV doesn't play rock. I doubt you will ever see them play AB (with the exception of a premiere video). MTV2 is a better forum for rock music, as is VH1 and Fuse.

Steve 06-06-2004 11:20 AM

Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.

hockeymom97 06-06-2004 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gabriel
Phew, I'm going to head to the studio to watch Alter Bridge record, kick my feet up, and have a beer. Have a nice evening everyone. Oh by the way, if anyone wants to paste my recent posts over at PBF bb, since I can't, you have my permission. Maybe they'll see I'm not such a bad guy after all, maybe they'll still dislike me, who knows. Have a nice evening everyone.

Michael

Michael,

I wouldn't even waste my time defending yourself. I have been over at PBF just to see what is up with Scott and his new projects and I have made a few comments on the whole interview and how the press puts their own spin on things and to please not take sides. It doesn't matter over there. They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds. They all know how to reach you if they truely wanted to discuss this with you. In my opinion this is just another thing for them to lift Scott higher up on this pedistol they have built for him.

Concentrate your efforts the way you are, by giving the fans who truely want to hear the updates on Alter Bridge and are just as excited as you are about the new beginnings.

Take Care,
Melissa

edited for spelling.

OneOmerta 06-06-2004 12:45 PM

too funny

And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.

hockeymom97 06-06-2004 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOmerta
And yet again....PBF is brought into a discussion on another board. Why the obsession with what is said at PBF? And just so you know...I've not read over there in a day or so, been quite busy myself...so I don't know what has been said...but who cares if they are discussing what Mark said in the interview...and how it appears to THEM? I will never understand the need to drag other bb's into discussions that have nothing to do with the original topic...and then tear them down for seeing things they way they see it.

I see things posted all the time on various bb's...including this one.....but I don't go running back to my bb and bring it into a discussion in order to tear people down and cause more unneccessary drama.

I'm not tearing them down. My post below clearly states how they feel is fine.

Quote:

They worship Scott over there and thats fine, thats how they feel, but any debate will not change their minds

And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.

I do read over there to see what is up with Scott because I do think that he is a very talented man and am looking foward to hearing his new stuff.

My post to Michael was not intended to tear anyone down or start any more drama. Quite the opposite. They clearly don't want to hear what Michael or anyone from Alter Bridge has to say, from the comments on their board regarding the comment from Michael posted over there from here.

Sorry if it came across another way to anyone, that was not my intent.

Wound 06-06-2004 01:18 PM

I must say, it really hurts in my heart to know that Creed never will come back (i hope they will).
It was Creed who made me listen to Rock music.
Creeds music helped me very much in "bad times".
We must go on but never forget Creed, one of the best bands of all time.

Wound

Shadow 06-06-2004 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Im not defending MTV because I don't like it, but they do play rock. During the normal hours it's mixed in with all the rap/pop crap. Towards the nighttime they have an hour show for rock videos and even mix in more rock during the over-night show.

Makes me wonder if you ever sleep Steve.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeymom97
And in all honesty it started because someone took a quote from here from Michael and posted it over there.

You have this out of context. Michaels quote was posted by Frankie, whom I forwarded a PM to. Just to make something clear, it just wasn't "taken by someone" it was taken by me and given to Frankie (per Michael's request). So, please do not get in the middle of something you know nothing about.

And as far as worshiping Scott - I think the word worship is a bit extreme. It's a Scott Stapp BB, so of course that's what they'll talk about and there is absolutely nothing wrong with it. I have very, very rarely seen Mark or Michael's name even mentioned - they are just not a topic of conversation. I'm sure it's the same at AB's websites- no need to talk about Scott there.

hockeymom97 06-06-2004 03:11 PM

Quote:

Michaels quote was posted by Frankie, whom I forwarded a PM to (per Micheals request). Frankie would like the person who sent Michael the original post about him - to send him the whole post, not just bits and pieces.

This was not the quote that started this whole subject. I believe that it was posted by creedmom02 at PBF and that is where Frankie made the comment yes sirree bob..... and there was not comment in that thread that said complimentary things about Michael as was stated, nor were there derrogitory except for that one sentence. And the yes sireee bob came after my post of how the press likes to put their own spin on things and I was sure that some comments were either misquoted and left out. So I do feel I am not involving myself in something I don't know anything about, because my post was the 1st or 2nd reply to the comment copied from Michael.

As far as PBF and how they worship stapp, that is my view. I doesn't matter to me if that is how they feel. That is their perogotive (sp?) and their board and I respect that. I like to read the updates on him because he is very talented as I stated before and they seem to have current information. I stay quiet there also, but I do defend or comment what I believe in.

If my whole post was read, I was not trying to start trouble but to avoid it. It's not worth it. PBF has their world that they are looking forward to with Stapps new music and Micheal is excited about AB. My point was, everyone has their own views and lets just look foward to whats to come from ALL.

Shadow 06-06-2004 03:21 PM

We're talking about two different quotes. I thought you were referring to the post put up by Frankie today, with the post from here that I forwarded to her.

Forget it - I'm too tired and too confused to reverse any of this. Let it rest in peace.

PBF = Scott Stapp

AB = Mark Tremonti

End of story.

hockeymom97 06-06-2004 03:27 PM

Quote:

We're talking about two different quotes. I thought you were referring to the post put up by Frankie today, with the post from here that I forwarded to her.

Forget it - I'm too tired and too confused to reverse any of this. Let it rest in peace.

PBF = Scott Stapp

AB = Mark Tremonti

End of story.

No problem. Just wanted to clarify what post I was referring to. All is good here.

Steve 06-07-2004 12:37 AM

Quote:

Makes me wonder if you ever sleep Steve.

Sleep? What's sleep? :confused: :D