CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   How does Scott rate as a drummer? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7508)

AmberSunset 09-23-2004 07:17 PM

How does Scott rate as a drummer?

Is he the best drummer you have ever heard? If not, who is better! Be honest! :)

Dogstar 09-23-2004 07:18 PM

How 'bout you give your opinion as well :D.

DekWannaBFlea 09-23-2004 08:32 PM

Ummmm where do i begin? He is very good but there are so many better.....

Neil Peart (Rush)
Keith Moon (Who)
John Bonham (Led Zeppelin)
Danny Carey (Tool)
Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater)
Bill Bruford (Yes)
Josh Freese (A Perfect Circle)
Matt Cameron (Soundgarden)
Bill Ward (Black Sabbath)
Mitch Mitchell (Jimi Hendrix Experience)
Zak Starkey (The Who)
Jason Rullo (Symphony X)
Brad Wilk (Rage Against The Machine)
John Dolmayan (System of a Down)
Chad Smith (RHCP)

TeriB19 09-23-2004 10:30 PM

IMO, Keith Moon will always be the best. And Zak Starkey kicks ASS on the kit. Flip is great but I wouldn't say he's the best I've ever heard.

kariyanine 09-23-2004 10:33 PM

The list is to long to write here but I do agree that Flip is a great drummer.

evyllsummer 09-23-2004 10:39 PM

Mike Portnoy is my favorite drummer ever...

Dogstar 09-23-2004 10:46 PM

Nice list, Dekwannabflea...I'd have to add Sean Kinney from Alice In Chains to that list as well :D. Scott's decent, but I wouldn't put him in the "great" category just yet. I'm also partial to Danny Carey, Josh Freese, Matt Cameron, and of course, Bonham.

DekWannaBFlea 09-23-2004 11:43 PM

I think Flip is getting a lot better, he has potential to be up there.....He just needs tikme to "actually" play and show off, something he never did in creed.

Dogstar 09-23-2004 11:45 PM

Yup...he definitely has potential.

The Lithium 09-24-2004 03:32 AM

Lars Ulrich is still better, but Flip is my fav, he's such a nice guy!! I'd say Flip comes somewhere close after Lars.

heinzel 09-24-2004 04:23 AM

pfffffffffffffffff, you guys forgot DAVE GROHL, he da man!!!!!!!!!!
I saw him once live with queens of the stone age.
He's like a freaking animal.

The Lithium 09-24-2004 07:35 AM

Dave is problably the worst drummer ever, and he can't sing either!!

heinzel 09-24-2004 10:55 AM

Lithium do you serious think that dave grohl is a bad drummer?
cause dude, you have no idea. Ever seen him behind the drumkit while playing Queens of the stone age? go check it out somewhere on the internet and then say what you think. On top of that; this topic wasn't about singing, so...
On top of the top; I study drums at the conservatorium of amsterdam, so i kinda know a little about the drum thing.

RMadd 09-24-2004 12:22 PM

Mike Portnoy is off the heezy, definitely (both in Dream Theater and in Liquid Tension Experiment... if you like pure instrumental progressive metal, check out LTE, they kick ass!)
Neil Peart (Rush), he's awesome, but maybe that's just b/c i love Rush
oh, and the drummer for Iron Butterfly... I don't care if they were one-hit-wonders, In-A-Gadda-da-Vida kicks ass!

RMadd 09-24-2004 12:25 PM

and i must agree that Flip needs more chances to show off. that'd be tight. i think it'd be pretty cool if AB sorta moved towards more of a prog-metal feel. they got mark who can shred quite well, myles has quite the dynamic voice, flip is evidently a kick-ass drummer, and i'm sure brian wants some chances to play the hell outta his bass