CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Baseball's Back! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8908)

RMadd 04-03-2005 08:02 PM

Baseball's Back!

Well, the 2005 season officially begins tonight! 'bout time for the Cardinals to get theirs. Post your thoughts here.

My early post-season picks?
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Twinkies
AL West: Angels (despite the retarded new name: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim... pick one: LA Angels or Anaheim Angels, not fucking both lol)
AL Wild-Card: Red Sox

NL East: Braves (14th in a row)
NL Central: Cards
NL West: Padres
NL Wild-Card: Chubs

Dogstar 04-03-2005 08:08 PM

Hmmm, not a bad prediction there, BearFan, though I hope for once that the stinking Yankees have to fight for a playoff spot :D...or maybe suck enough not to make it to the postseason. That would rule :D. GO RED SOX!!!!!

Higher_Desire 04-04-2005 12:56 AM

Yeah! Let's go Mariners!!!!! I can feel it. This year's the year. :D Of course, I've been saying that every year for as long as I can remember. lol.

H-D :pimp:

RMadd 04-04-2005 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
Yeah! Let's go Mariners!!!!! I can feel it. This year's the year. :D Of course, I've been saying that every year for as long as I can remember. lol.

H-D :pimp:

i think 2001 might've been their year lol
but they will be a surprise contender, IMO

creedsister 04-04-2005 01:28 AM

it is an lit amusing game, :) but im not one one of those folks that has the take me out to the ball game spirt :) i ;prefer the more dangerous sports like boxing hockey and dudes getting wrecked in cars very relaxing and un winding

Dogstar 04-04-2005 02:19 PM

LOL, creedsister. I love hockey, too. Well, my Sox went down last night :mad:...but there are 161 more games to go and 18 more with the SKANKEES! Bring it on!!! I'm going to watch the Phillies in a little while. They play the Nationals today at 3.

titan9 04-04-2005 02:25 PM

Lol! I just hope that the Tigers don't have another stinky season this year. So far, so good, as they are winning 5-0 right now. I also hope that my Fantasy Baseball team wins the title this year. Wishful thinking, I know.:D

Steve 04-04-2005 02:29 PM

GO BREWERS!

*crickets* :flee: *crickets*

Dogstar 04-04-2005 02:31 PM

LOL, Steve!

RMadd 04-04-2005 04:11 PM

Brewers, eh? Hmmmm....

Steve 04-05-2005 12:11 PM

Hey, they won their first game :D

RMadd 04-05-2005 03:03 PM

yeah, w/ their only good pitcher, Ben Sheets.... had him in fantasy last year, he was great until the team stopped giving him run support in the last couple months, and wasn't able to get any wins for me... .but i guess era, strikeouts, & whip were still excellent

Dogstar 04-05-2005 07:34 PM

Dammit, Sox lost again, but at least it was closer this time. Fricken Foulke gave up the long ball to Jeter...Baaaaaaaaaad...I hope they work the kinks out soon. I won't worry unless they lose their first 10 games or something. Hopefully, that won't happen. On the plus side, Tek and Ortiz are looking good at the plate. Both hit homers today...Yay! And the Braves lost...Bwahahahaha.

Sincirr 04-05-2005 07:39 PM

GO CUBBIES!I say

RMadd 04-06-2005 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I won't worry unless they lose their first 10 games or something.

seems like they've got it coming sooner or later, after that crazy shit they pulled last fall lol

RMadd 04-06-2005 01:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sincirr
GO CUBBIES!I say

how many starts will Wood & Prior miss, combined, this year?

Dogstar 04-09-2005 02:19 PM

Hey, BearFan, I'm sure you watched the game yesterday where the Phils' bullpen choked? You must have been a happy boy!

titan9 04-09-2005 02:48 PM

.....And the Tigers are back to their losing ways. Oh well, it was good while it lasted.:(

NeedforCreed 04-11-2005 09:38 AM

Nice!

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Well, the 2005 season officially begins tonight! 'bout time for the Cardinals to get theirs. Post your thoughts here.

My early post-season picks?
AL East: Yankees
AL Central: Twinkies
AL West: Angels (despite the retarded new name: Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim... pick one: LA Angels or Anaheim Angels, not fucking both lol)
AL Wild-Card: Red Sox

NL East: Braves (14th in a row)
NL Central: Cards
NL West: Padres
NL Wild-Card: Chubs

Like to say I agree. Not sure about the NL West. That's a tough one. BTW, R, when are our pitcher's gonna show up? I've got several fantasy leagues and have several Cardinal pitchers on em. Let's get it on, Big Red.

RMadd 04-11-2005 11:30 AM

no kidding, son. at least we were able to take one from the Phils, and in fairly dramatic fashion.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-11-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

no kidding, son. at least we were able to take one from the Phils, and in fairly dramatic fashion.

Yeah man... i went to the Game yesterday and We Got ROCKED... tho there were some good stuff... Albert and Nunez both got homers and Rolen and Albert made a couple of awesome plays...

The i think the worse thing about the game yesterday is that i got sick from eating a hotdog at the game... OMG... my stomache hurt so bad yesterday and then it still hurt a couple of hours ago... (didn't go to skool) and it's just now starting to settle down... :(

NeedforCreed 04-13-2005 08:53 AM

Hopefully, Mulder can get back in form tonight. They were kickin last night.

RMadd 04-13-2005 06:55 PM

yeah.... didn't happen.... i thought they were gonna pull off a comeback at the end: bases loaded, 1 out, Albert Pujols up. he chopped one down the 3rd base line, cincy's 3rd baseman made a leaping grab, ran over, stepped on 3rd, then threw across to 1st to complete the double play. game over. fuck.

NeedforCreed 04-13-2005 08:37 PM

Let's Play Ball

Damn it! Second week of the season and we're not even .500. Surely the worm will turn before long. Mulder has really gotten a bad run of luck. How long can that last?

Dogstar 04-13-2005 09:53 PM

Schilling got roughed up for five runs against the SKANKEES. Dang it, my guys are losing 5-2 :(

revisfoot 04-15-2005 07:45 PM

So, are all the Red Sox fans now going to be closet-Cubs fans? lol. Maybe the Cubbies will get a pennant eventually...or not. In any case, GO RANGERS!!!!!!

Dogstar 04-15-2005 07:50 PM

LOL, if the Red Sox don't get there, I'd root for the Cubs if they make it. Nobody should have to wait so long for a title :D....Did you see the Sheffield scuffle last night? Nutty. The security guys rocked, though. They diffused it pretty fast, which was good. Plus, Sheffield thought better of jumping into the stands.

RMadd 04-16-2005 01:24 AM

not to be rude, but fuck the Red Sox & the Cubs lol. you must certainly understand where i'm coming from: look at my favorite team.

Dogstar 04-16-2005 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
Yeah man... i went to the Game yesterday and We Got ROCKED... tho there were some good stuff... Albert and Nunez both got homers and Rolen and Albert made a couple of awesome plays...

The i think the worse thing about the game yesterday is that i got sick from eating a hotdog at the game... OMG... my stomache hurt so bad yesterday and then it still hurt a couple of hours ago... (didn't go to skool) and it's just now starting to settle down... :(

YIKES. That's nasty, Matt. I hope you are feeling better soon.

Dogstar 04-16-2005 06:45 PM

Quote:

not to be rude, but fuck the Red Sox & the Cubs lol. you must certainly understand where i'm coming from: look at my favorite team.

LOL...sorry, but.....

GO RED SOX :D:D:D:D

revisfoot 04-17-2005 12:34 AM

You know, as much as I despise the Yanks, I do think that Sheffield handled the situation very well. I give him props for the way he checked himself. But, the fans need to learn to quit being stupid, quit showing off and thinking they can get away with something retarded like swiping at a player. So, yeah.

You know, my Rangers are at a .445 percentage! I mean, we're freaking LAST in the AL West! We lost to Toronto tonight 8 to ZIP. We'd better come back tomorrow...

Dogstar 04-17-2005 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
You know, as much as I despise the Yanks, I do think that Sheffield handled the situation very well. I give him props for the way he checked himself. But, the fans need to learn to quit being stupid, quit showing off and thinking they can get away with something retarded like swiping at a player. So, yeah.

You know, my Rangers are at a .445 percentage! I mean, we're freaking LAST in the AL West! We lost to Toronto tonight 8 to ZIP. We'd better come back tomorrow...

Right on about the fans. They were right to eject that idiot. He should know better than to try to interfere with the play, too. He was a chucklehead. I've sat in that area in Fenway, and I always get the hell out of the way when the players have to get to the fence there.

RMadd 04-17-2005 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
I've sat in that area in Fenway, and I always get the hell out of the way when the players have to get to the fence there.

that's good to know there's at least a few responsible fans lol
i love Steve Bartman, tho, esp since it shows how retarded some cubs fans are, blaming team's immaculate collapse in the rest of Game 6 & the whole of Game 7 on a single fan when it's not even certain Moises Alou was going to catch it & it was pretty much in the stands, the fans' domain

Dogstar 04-17-2005 05:20 PM

Bwahahahaha, Yankees SWEPT by the Orioles...George is already bashing his team...Sox win again...yeah!

revisfoot 04-18-2005 08:40 PM

Holy crap! The Yankees' worst start since 1991. I know, I know, everyone tells me "it's still early in the season" but come on! They're 4 and 8?! Jesus! And I thought my Rangers were doing bad...

I'm hoping Texas can stay around .500. Right now, their average is about .456. I'd be happy with about .500.

GO RANGERS!!
GO RED SOX!!

RMadd 04-18-2005 09:03 PM

fuck the Red Sox lol

NeedforCreed 04-20-2005 12:56 PM

Go Matty Mo

Hey, R. One run, four hits in six! Could be our ace is back.

Dogstar 04-20-2005 09:30 PM

Quote:

that's good to know there's at least a few responsible fans lol
i love Steve Bartman, tho, esp since it shows how retarded some cubs fans are, blaming team's immaculate collapse in the rest of Game 6 & the whole of Game 7 on a single fan when it's not even certain Moises Alou was going to catch it & it was pretty much in the stands, the fans' domain

LOL, I agree, once it leaves the field of play, that's another story. The Sox are thinking of revoking that idiot's season tickets. I haven't seen whether they did or not.

RMadd 04-21-2005 02:18 AM

they should, he's just a dumbass. all those people right there were. i don't think i posted the link, but there was a story on one of the major sports site (either espn, cbs-sportsline, or foxsports) about how he was there in the 2nd or 3rd row, as a yankees fan, and actually got some pictures of what went down. i'll see if i can dig it up in the next couple o' days.
also, the mlb decided today not to penalize sheff. and last i heard was he was still debating whether or not to press charges against the fan.

Dogstar 04-21-2005 03:38 AM

Yeah, I heard that he wouldn't be fined. I think he overreacted just a tad, but he didn't really hurt anybody, and he didn't even get ejected, so that seems OK. The fan is a moron.