CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   the devil and rock and roll (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10358)

RalphyS 01-25-2006 06:15 AM

Re: the devil and rock and roll

As an atheist I obviously know that the devil is just as much a man-made fantasy being as is/are God(s), but many times it is said by 'true believers' that we are under the influence of satan, so I, and I think I can speak for Anarkist in this sense too, use some sort of satanic smilie to emphasize that in a sarcastic/ironic manor.

Carly 01-25-2006 08:30 AM

It's probably true that the sign was started by some old heavy metal bands and is now a tradition. The problem is that these people are rolemodels so they should think before they act. After all we look up to these people and in a way want to be like them. In my opinion rock and roll is like psychology some of the songs can really help you. Rock stands for non comformism but where will it lead us? So many of these people are on drugs, alcohol, dirty sex and so on. Do we want them to save us or should they first be saved?
Sometimes I think that rock in general is trying to make you a satanist.
Even if god and devil are a fantasy I still don't understand why choose the devil.
After all the devil is a symbol for all evil in the world. I say that rock and roll (like Creed) is acting ignorant. I come to the show to hear something positive and not to worship the devil. How can you spread messages of love and at the same time be a negative person, a negative role model. It just doesn't make sence.

I personally do believe in higher powers. I'm a very big fan of rock and metal, still I wonder if they are only leading you to selfdestruction. I think real religion can help people much more than rock and roll.

RalphyS 01-25-2006 09:23 AM

I suppose the rebellious nature of (the mythical) Satan makes him likeable, after all you tend to root for the underdog.

Sure there are metal bands, who carry it too far, they usually aren't my favourites, because they tend to be more hard as meaningfull.

I like bands like Live, Creed, Rush, Marillion, Faithless, who have a good message in their lyrics, although I may not always entirely agree with the message.

Carly 01-26-2006 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphyS
I suppose the rebellious nature of (the mythical) Satan makes him likeable, after all you tend to root for the underdog.

I guess that's an interesting theory. Still I see satan as the spirit who causes killing and hate between human kind.

That's why I think that the bands with a positive message should boycott the sign and stop acting 'cool' about it. It just makes them look like hypocrites because they cheer on hate while trying to change the world for the better.

RalphyS 01-26-2006 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly
I guess that's an interesting theory. Still I see satan as the spirit who causes killing and hate between human kind.

That's why I think that the bands with a positive message should boycott the sign and stop acting 'cool' about it. It just makes them look like hypocrites because they cheer on hate while trying to change the world for the better.

What is that saying 'truth is in the eyes of the beholder', come to think of it, it's beauty, I believe, but nonetheless, if you think the sign is meant to cheer on hate, that doesn't make it so. Just as there are many interpretations of things that are mentioned in the bible, there can be a difference in meaning that you read into the sign and the meaning given to it by the musician, who exercises it and even other spectators, who see it.

Carly 01-28-2006 08:10 AM

Rock and roll is great music but somehow it seems to do more harm than good because so many of our idols choose a bad lifestyle. I just don't want to be a sheep of rock and roll who might be trying to make me worship the devil. After all from a believers perspective it is the road to hell.

nagpo 01-28-2006 09:21 PM

u make your own decisions, music doesent effect them. the same goes for idols they may act a certain way but if we really had no choice in what we did we would all be rappers or somthing, because we would all want to be like them. everyday we make the choice not to do certain things,like drugs and even if a band we like does it doesent seem to make any sense that we started to just because of that. for example im a jimi hendrix fan and he did drugs but do i do drugs? no.

nagpo 01-28-2006 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carly
I agree with you about them being demonic. Those are bands I never liked anyway but I have seen pictures where Scott Stapp also shows that sign. So in my opinion that's the same thing. It's like saying you are on the side of the devil. They should make an angel sign for Creed, Alter Bridge and some other bands because they are truly kind people. Sometimes I wonder if the whole rock and roll bussiness is just working for the devil which is very sad to me because some of the music can really make you a better person. It's all very ambigious. Bands that talk about purity and innocence show the devil sign at their concerts. I don't want these people to lead my way. For me it is a reason to stop listening to rock and roll even though I love the music very much.

Whether the devil exists or not we all know what he stands for.

i always thought that sign meant "rock on"

Carly 01-30-2006 08:44 AM

The sign does mean 'rock on' but it's still a devil sign.

It's true that you can choose for yourself whether you do drugs and stuff. Still I think that famous people have a responisablity to give a better example. There are people who are easily influenced so for them these rolemodels can be fatal.

n3rd3r 02-02-2006 04:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RalphyS
I made this sign and until now I didn't even know it was supposed to be the devil's sign :D

Interestingly, it's the same gesture that spider-man makes when he shoots his web, so Marvel Comics is probably also under the influence of Satan :mad1:

the sign spider man makes is not the sign of the devil but the sign of love
(they realy look alike exept for the thumb so i can see how people can get confused):D

n3rd3r 02-07-2006 08:20 AM

rock isnīt the devils music,
Itīs what you do with rock that matters,
Like creed is a rock band but the christian messige is clear:think:

Carly 02-10-2006 06:05 AM

I agree with you but that's the whole reason the sign makes no sence.

Rocketqueen 02-11-2006 01:31 AM

LETS HOLD DA PHONE YA,alls IF IT HAD NOT BEEN THE LORD WHO WAS ON OUR SIDE WHEN MEN ROSE UP AGAINST US THEN THEY HAD SWALLOWED US UP QUICK WHEN THEIR WRATH WAS KINDLED AGAINST US THEN THE WATERS HAD OVERWHELMED US THE STREAM HAD GONE OVER OUR SOUL, BLESSED BE THE LORD WHO HAD NOT GIVEN US AS PRAY TO THE WOLVES AND THEIR TEETH OUR SOUL HAS ESCAPED AS A BIRD OUT OF THE SNARE OF THE FOWLERS , LET,EM BURN BABY BURN WHAT GOOD DID IT DO :jam: :jam: :jam: : he he :flamer:

RelearningLove 02-16-2006 07:49 AM

blah, blah, blah...same thing I've been hearing since I was little...rock music is of the devil and this and that...give me a break! I'm a Christian but still...it's gotten old...

Carly 02-16-2006 07:57 AM

I love rock and roll very much, but I'm just tired of so many people acting like devil worshippers and being so naive to deny that it's a serious thing.