CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 09-10-2006 08:17 AM

Re: Daily Bread

September 10th

"The light bulb comes on!"

At various times in our lives, the reality of Christ will come crashing through the ordinariness of our days. From those times we face life anew; changed at the very core of our being. We move forward in a new, deeper, strengthened relationship with the Lord.

Blessed by the name of the Lord from this time forth and for evermore.

Psalm 113:2

Heaven

:pimp:

Rocketqueen 09-11-2006 01:05 AM

Amen, Bro THIS WORLD WILL HAVE TO PASS ME RIGHT ON BY , Because IM HAPPY WITH THE LORD :

HeavenBesideYou 09-11-2006 06:26 AM

September 11th

"Rejoice over laws?"

Psalm 119 is a long prayer that celebrates God's law. Why would anyone rejoice over laws? Most of us find laws restricting. They tell us what we can't do. But the psalmist praised God's laws. He even committed himself to memorizing them and reciting them aloud. Why was he so eager to learn God's ways? Because he had discovered that in these laws there is life! Sin separates us from God and from the fullness of life God offers. Those who reject God's law are on a path that leads to self-destruction and death. Knowing what God's law says can keep us from sinning against him.

I have hidden your word in my heart, that I might not sin against you. Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your principles. I have recited aloud all the laws you have given us. I have rejoiced in your decrees as much as in riches. I will study your commandments and reflect on your ways.

Psalm 119:11-15

Praise the Lord! Happy are those who fear the Lord. Yes, happy are those who delight in doing what he commands... such people will not be overcome by evil circumstances... They do not fear bad news; they confidently trust the Lord to care for them.

Psalm 112:1, 6-8

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-12-2006 05:58 AM

September 12th

"I merely serve Christ when I serve others."

Selfless acts of kindness are the true signs of a Spirit-filled life. We can call ourselves Christians, but our actions must verify the claim. Mary and Joseph begged for help once in Bethlehem. How would we have responded if they had come to us to beg? How we treat people who are in need is Christ's criterion for judging how much we love Him. In all ways, we should strive to serve the poor and needy.

He raiseth up the poor out of the dust, and lifteth the needy out of the dunghill.

Psalm 113:7

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-13-2006 05:45 AM

September 13th

"God is the one who needs to be honored."

It is difficult to set aside our own ego in order to serve God freely. When all is said and done, however, all that we are able to do is made possible by God's grace. Our triumphs are God's triumphs. We should feel privileged that God has chosen to work with and through us.

Not unto us, O Lord, not unto us, but unto thy name give glory, for thy mercy, and for thy truth's sake.

Psalm 115:1

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-14-2006 01:51 AM

Amen!!!

TO GOD ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY, BEFORE THE WORLD WAS BEFORE THE FOUNDATIONS BEGUN, THERE WAS HIS WISDOM HIS GRACE AND HIS SWEET DIVINTY HIS PURPOSE HIS REGIN, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO HE SET KINDGDOM UP AND WHATCHED THEME FALL HE WOULD MAKE KINGS BOW AND KINGS RISE AND HIS VOICE MAKES THE FLOWERS GROW WHEN HE SAYS BUD THEY FLOURISH WHEN HE SAYS DIE THEY WITHER AND WE SAYS FLOURISH THEY FLOURISH WITHOUT RAIN NOR SUNSHINE, Who Can Sing All His Praises AND ALL THE MIGHTY ACTS OF JEHOVHA GOD , :bounce:

HeavenBesideYou 09-14-2006 06:03 AM

September 14th

"Leaving things to Him."

Jeremiah knew that he had been faithful to God's call to warn the people to repent—a message God's people didn't want to hear. They persecuted Jeremiah. The prophet could have defended himself, but he chose not to. He simply obeyed and waited for God to take whatever action he chose. This is the sort of behavior Paul was talking about when he said, "Never pay back evil for evil to anyone… Leave that to God. For it is written, 'I will take vengeance, I will repay those who deserve it,' says the Lord." ( Romans 12:17,19 ).

When you face opposition regarding something that God has called you to do, don't take matters into your own hands. Simply continue to be faithful and trust God to handle things as he sees fit.

Lord, I have not abandoned my job as a shepherd for your people. I have not urged you to send disaster. It is your message I have given them, not my own. Lord, do not desert me now! You alone are my hope in the day of disaster. Bring shame and terror on all who persecute me, but give me peace. Yes, bring double destruction upon them!

How can a young person stay pure? By obeying your word and following its rules.

Psalm 119:9

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-15-2006 05:54 AM

September 15th

"How do you know God is at home in your heart?"

You know when you are doing loving things to bless the lives of others! Just as we trust and rely on God's constant love for us, our brothers and sisters in Christ need love expressed to them, too!

We know and rely on the love God has for us. God is love. Whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

1 John 4:16

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-16-2006 12:44 AM

Amen And Amen

There is Nothing Like, taking others burdens, and UPLIFTING THAT FELLOW , Long Suffering Soul, IT PLEASES GOD, for his children to uplift his children and confirm his words, and bro the best words of all IS GODS ENDURING LONG SUFFERING LOVE, We must steadfast with others IN LOVE When See their Strife but not in Reasons BUT IN LOVE, AS WE UP LIFT HIM, HIM PRAISE WITHOUT CEASE, When We PRASING THERE IS PROTECTION IN PRAISE BECAUSE AS WE PRASING WE DONT HAVE TIME TO DOUBT AND WORRY, AMEN WHEN WE STOP PRASING IS WHEN WE START DOUBTING, AND WE PRASING WE AINT GOT TIME TO QUESTION WHY,? BECAUSE AINT NO ROOM FOR THAT WE PRASING THE LORD, PRECIOUS IS JEHOVHA GOD, ONLY YOU MY GOD ONLY YOU LORD, ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THIS WORLD SEEM RIGHT ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THE DARKNESS BRIGHTY ONLY YOU AND YOU ALONE, CAN THRILL LIKE YOU DO AND FILL MY HEART WITH LOVE FOR ONLY YOU ONLY YOU CAN MAKE THIS CHANGE IN ME, WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO IN FOR ITS TRUE YOU ARE MY DESTINY WHEN YOU HOLD MY HAND I UNDERSTANDDDDDDD THE MAGIC THAT YOU DO YOU,RE MY DREAM COME TRUE MY ONE AND ONLY YOU, WHEN NO ONE ELSE CAN UNDERSTAND ME :wtf: WHEN EVERYTHING I DO IS WRONGGGGG SOME HOW LORD WE SEE EYE TO EYE AND YOU GIVE ME STRENETH TO CARRY ON ANDDDDDDDDD YOUR ALWAYS THERE TO LEND YOUR HAND EVEN WHEN YOU DONT REALLY NEED TO BE OH THATS THE WONDER OF YOU THE WONDER OF YOU WHEN YOU SMILE THE WORLD IS BRIGHTER, SO HOW YOU MAKE IT GO AWAY, THE GOD OF THE TRUE LIVING VICTORY THE GOD OF THE TRUE LIVING GLORY,

HeavenBesideYou 09-16-2006 11:35 AM

September 16th

"Christian growth."

Many Christians have made the commitment to be more like Jesus but where do you start? The apostle Paul told the Philippian believers, "Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus ( Philippians 2:5 ). And that's just where the hymn "May the Mind of Christ My Savior" begins. But does the mind of Christ become part of us? Kate Wilkinson directs us to Colossians 3:16 for the answer: "Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly." In the third stanza Wilkinson returns to Philippians for this promise: "And the peace of God…will guard your hearts and your minds" ( Philippians 4:7 ). And so the song builds.

Christian growth is not instantaneous but gradual. It flows naturally from obeying God's Word. Thomas a Kempis, who wrote the Christian classic The Imitation of Christ, said, "One thing that draws back many from spiritual progress is the fear of the difficulty of the labor of the combat." Don't give up what you have started.

May the mind of Christ, my Savior, live in me from day to day.
By His love and power controlling all I do and say.

May the word of God dwell richly in my heart from hour to hour.
So that all may see I triumph only through His pow'r.

May the peace of God my Father rule my life in ev'rything.
That I may be calm to comfort, sick and sorrowing.

Kate B. Wilkinson ( 1859-1928 )

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-17-2006 08:49 AM

September 17th

"Real joy."

Is joy, or happiness, a passing emotion or a permanent state? The Bible says it can be both. There is happiness that reacts to happenings (which is temporary and volatile), and there is happiness that overrules happenings (which is strong and lasting). Happiness based on happenings is part of life, but if that is all we can count on we have to keep feeding ourselves with events to keep us upbeat. Those who know the joy that comes from God don't need happenings to keep them happy. They learn how to develop inner joy because they know no matter what happens, God offers hope and promise.

On that day the announcement to Jerusalem will be, "Cheer up, Zion! Don't be afraid! For the Lord your God has arrived to live among you. He is a mighty savior. He will rejoice over you with great gladness. With his love, he will calm all our fears. He will exult over you by singing a happy song."

Zephaniah 3:16-17

I know the Lord is always with me, I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is filled with joy, and my mouth shouts his praises!

Psalm 16:8-9

Happy are those who obey his decrees and search for him with all their hearts.

Psalm 119:2

Heaven

Rocketqueen 09-18-2006 01:06 AM

That, Was Beautiful

JOY JOY JOY, MY GOD MY GOD IS WHERE THAT JOY COMES FROM , others would say what could be so funny right not HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA i dont know, ITS THE REASURANCE OF GODS LOVE AND TRUTH AND HIS PROTECTION, AND THAT ONE OF KIND QUICKEN OF THE SPIRT, TO GOD ALONE BELONGS THE GLORY,

HeavenBesideYou 09-18-2006 06:02 AM

September 18th

"It's not my day to watch him..."

Do you remember one of the earliest questions in the Bible? "Where is your brother Abel?" To which Cain responded: "Am I my brother's keeper?" Paul's answer is a clear and undeniable yes! We must look to the interest of others and not just our own.

Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves. Each of you should look not only to your own interests, but also to the interest of others.

Philippians 2:3-4

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-19-2006 06:12 AM

September 19th

"Everyone likes a sure thing."

We all look for that person or thing that will give us an edge and make us unstoppable. God is that someone. Nothing can compare with the power of God. When He is on our side, we have absolutely nothing to fear. In this lifetime, many unfortunate things might occur, but through the grace of God, we will conquer them all.

The Lord is on my side; I will not fear: what can man do unto me?

Psalm 118:6

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 09-20-2006 06:02 AM

September 20th

“Sin makes us stupid.”

I have often thought of that statement, and I continue to affirm the wisdom of those words. How else can you explain the actions of King David, the man after God’s own heart turned adulterer and murderer? Or the reckless choices of Samson? Or the public denials of Christ by Peter, the most public of Jesus’ disciples? We are flawed people who are vulnerable to temptation and to the foolishness of mind that can rationalize and justify almost any course of action if we try hard enough.

If we are to have a measure of victory over the power of sin, it will come only as we lean on the strength and wisdom of Christ ( Rom. 7:24-25 ). As His grace strengthens our hearts and minds, we can overcome our own worst inclination to make foolish choices.

Let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which so easily ensnares us.

Hebrews 12:1

Heaven