CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Faith / Religion (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=11)
-   -   Daily Bread (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7750)

HeavenBesideYou 01-03-2005 06:28 AM

Daily Bread

January 3rd

"Making that resolution count."

It's a new year and, like a lot of people, you may have made your list of resolutions. But, pressures will come. It has been said that a way to find out someone's priorities is to look at their calendar and their checkbook. Growing as a disciple of Christ means having your priorities in good order. Let's take a reality check on our priorities. Do they really advance the Kingdom of Christ?

Seek his will in all you do, and he will direct your paths.

Proverbs 3:6

Heaven

:pimp:

creedsister 01-03-2005 01:41 PM

:jam: :jam: Cool Pro.ch.27.6.7.

HeavenBesideYou 01-04-2005 06:20 AM

Daily Bread

January 4th

"Misguided priorities."

Putting God first is the most important thing we can do. If all of your priorities focus on doing things for yourself, they are misguided.

But many who seem to be important now will be the least important then, and those who are considered least here will be the greatest then.

Mark 10:31

Heaven

creedsister 01-04-2005 06:27 AM

:jam: I Love That Verse Hev...

HeavenBesideYou 01-04-2005 06:33 AM

:banana:

Heaven

HeavenBesideYou 01-05-2005 06:31 AM

Daily Bread

January 5th

"Open their eyes."

We all need to see people as God sees them. But that revelation also brings responsibility. Solomon pleaded, "Deliver those who are drawn toward death, and hold back those stumbling to the slaughter" (Proverbs 24:11). He also warned that once our eyes are opened we can't pretend we don't know what to do. God, who weighs our hearts and keeps our souls, knows that we know, and holds us responsible to act (v.12).

Whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die.

John 11:26

Heaven

creedsister 01-05-2005 08:30 PM

Johh.14.12 .13 :jam: He That Believeth on me the works That I Do Shall He Do Also And Greater Works Than Theses Shall He Do B/c I Go Unto My Father And Whosoever ye shall ask In My Name That Will I Do

HeavenBesideYou 01-06-2005 06:21 AM

Daily Bread

January 6th

"Priorities"

There is no greater priority than loving and obeying God. Nothing affects our eternal future so significantly.

Choose today whom you will serve... as for me and my family, we will serve the Lord.

Joshua 24:15

Heaven

creedsister 01-06-2005 09:43 AM

:jam:

HeavenBesideYou 01-07-2005 06:25 AM

Daily Bread

January 7th

"Imitation is the most sincere form of flattery."

If we are to sincerely flatter God by being like him, imitation may be the most costly form of flattery as well. You see, love for God is never something that occurs just in our minds or our hearts. Love is something we do for another... it is action. John said in 1 John 4 that we must love in both our deeds and our words. Love means to give ourselves up; what we want, our rights, our desires, to honor God and serve others. This is a kind of love that can change the world, or a marriage, or a family.

Be imitators of God as dearly loved children and live a life of love, just as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us as a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

Ephesians 5:1-2

Heaven

Ann Allusion 01-07-2005 09:25 AM

:jam:...enjoyed reading that, heaven..thank you... :D

creedsister 01-07-2005 10:31 AM

LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND MIND AND SOUL, LOVE ONE ANOTHER THE WAY I HAVE LOVED YOU, And Need Not Forget, He Loved Us First :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 01-08-2005 08:05 AM

Daily Bread

January 8th

"Character."

A whole bunch of folks claim that God is on their side. In reality, that's not important at all. The real question is whether we are on God's side! That's determined more by what we seek and do rather than what we say and believe. God longs to be with us, but he will not sacrifice his character to extend us cheap grace, a grace that does not call us to be like him. He's looking for believers who put their character where their mouth is.

Seek good, not evil, that you may live. Then the Lord God Almighty will be with you, just as you say he is. Hate evil, love good; maintain justice in the courts.

Amos 5:14-15

Heaven

creedsister 01-08-2005 10:47 AM

:) That Was Beautiful, He Is Grace And Nobody, is worthy of that Grace, Nobody...Thw Was Of Man Is Wicked...Even On Better Paths That His Grace Made For Us All Still...Only Br Grace Are We All Saved, The Ways Of Man, FOR HOLY IS HIS NAME, And Thank God Its Above Us All, Phil.2.9.10> I Think :( :jam: :jam:

HeavenBesideYou 01-09-2005 10:52 AM

Daily Bread

January 9th

"Treasure in Jesus."

Where do you hide your heart? What we most value is where we will find our heart. So it is an important question. You see, we can treasure riches, control, security, relationships, and even church. Jesus comes to remind us that it is only by turning loose of the things that most of us keep as our treasures that we find what is truly treasure.

Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not corrupt and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-20

Heaven