CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   need quick help with creed's numbers (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6349)

Trees of Wisdom 04-21-2004 09:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lechium
whoa... so america is the only country where bad music sells, huh? I guess that's why Britney, 50 cent and others top charts around the world... but that's good music, to you, right?

numbers from official source, please?

P.S. rap = crap is dumbest ting I've ever heard. Dont compare MTV rap with underground rap, mmmkay?

What are the actual stats for 50 Cent's sales? And 50 Cent is pop, basically. I should have been more clear on what I said. And pop does sell everywhere. That's basicallly the whole point. But a rock band that sells a lot around the world, well that's just amazing.

Rap sucks, period. Rap stands for Retards Attempting Poetry. Making noise with your mouth isn't really talented. I wasn't referring to MTV rap, I was referring to the whole rap genre. Rap simply sucks.

aussiecreeder 04-21-2004 09:27 PM

have you heard any non-MTV rap? pop=popular which means that bands like Creed is pop music BTW. i don't like most rap (stuff like Ja Rule and the like simply sucks) but some of it is not too bad. I'm preddy sure 50 Cent's sales would be very ummm impressive.

Trees of Wisdom 04-21-2004 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
have you heard any non-MTV rap? pop=popular which means that bands like Creed is pop music BTW. i don't like most rap (stuff like Ja Rule and the like simply sucks) but some of it is not too bad. I'm preddy sure 50 Cent's sales would be very ummm impressive.

There's a difference between pop and popular music. Rap is pop because it's just using turntables and whatnot. Fake music.

Lechium 04-21-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
What are the actual stats for 50 Cent's sales? And 50 Cent is pop, basically. I should have been more clear on what I said. And pop does sell everywhere. That's basicallly the whole point. But a rock band that sells a lot around the world, well that's just amazing.

Rap sucks, period. Rap stands for Retards Attempting Poetry. Making noise with your mouth isn't really talented. I wasn't referring to MTV rap, I was referring to the whole rap genre. Rap simply sucks.

creed is pop by your defenition.

also if turntables = fake music, than electro guitars = fake music too

aussiecreeder 04-21-2004 09:33 PM

Quote:

Numbers in this thread are pretty low... 3x plat in Canada doesnt count, cuz Canada = US almost. Platinum in indonesia is probably around 200k copies sold, gold in each major Euro country is very low... comparing to numbers they have in US, their foreign numbers suck.

even discounting Canada, Australia and the like their numbers are preddy impressive actually. Indonesia sales are about 300 K, India about 200K, Germany's platnium level is at the same level I think. All up they would have shipped about a million copies of Weathered outside U.S borders. Those would be the most impressive rock numbers since well.....Ten. Considering that Indonesia is the world's largest Muslim nation that is not bad at all.

aussiecreeder 04-21-2004 09:36 PM

TOW what about these rap-metal and nu-metal bands are they half-fake?

Trees of Wisdom 04-21-2004 09:39 PM

Quote:

They're just crap. Rap-metal has to have been the worst music fad ever.

Trees of Wisdom 04-21-2004 09:41 PM

Quote:

creed is pop by your defenition.

also if turntables = fake music, than electro guitars = fake music too

You actually make your sound with a guitar. It isn't already made and you just have to mix it. Aurgh, rap sucks.

Lechium 04-21-2004 09:54 PM

Quote:

You actually make your sound with a guitar. It isn't already made and you just have to mix it. Aurgh, rap sucks.

you really have to get over yourself and realize that turntables is a valid instrument. Listen to DJ Shadow sometime.

hayley 04-21-2004 10:12 PM

I HATE turntables...Incubus use them alot and that's why I don't like them because the turntable just threw me off completley.

Quote:

Only half fake? They are fake. I hate most of these new bands that are coming out who are mixing rap with rock. Like Linkin Park for example, or Limp Biskit, I can't stand them because when you hear the verses, even the chourses, they have rap in them, rap and rock just DON'T go well together, period. And lyrical content now days with these rap/rock bands coming out are just shocking. Mainstream rock is getting worse and worse by the day, give me some classic rock any day.

Lechium 04-21-2004 10:34 PM

turntables != scratching, although MTV does their best to convince everyone the opposite.
http://www.djshadow.com/site/index.html, go to Media Player. Bunch of his songs, including ones with Zack De La Rocha.
Disavawed is prolly a good example... too bad Midnight in the Perfect World isnt there =(

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 03:17 AM

Quote:

turntables != scratching, although MTV does their best to convince everyone the opposite.
http://www.djshadow.com/site/index.html, go to Media Player. Bunch of his songs, including ones with Zack De La Rocha.
Disavawed is prolly a good example... too bad Midnight in the Perfect World isnt there =(

good point about Zack De La Rocha, Audioslave get good vibes around here generallly. Replace Cornell with Zack and what do we have preddy much? Rage Against the Machine who were one of the innovators of the genre now dominated by Linkin Park and the like. Like any genre the bands that started it were far better then the imitators. I don't like these bands (Linkin Park are mmmkay) but stuff like The Prodigy was good.

Trees of Wisdom 04-22-2004 03:35 AM

Quote:

good point about Zack De La Rocha, Audioslave get good vibes around here generallly. Replace Cornell with Zack and what do we have preddy much? Rage Against the Machine who were one of the innovators of the genre now dominated by Linkin Park and the like. Like any genre the bands that started it were far better then the imitators. I don't like these bands (Linkin Park are mmmkay) but stuff like The Prodigy was good.

Zack De La Rocha held them down. It's great that they formed Audioslave. I liked some riffs from Rage Against the Machine, but the rapping and the annoying lyrics made me really dislike the band. Kind of like how some people dislike Creed. Over the leadsinger and lyrics. Rage Against the Machine is more "hardcore" so to speak, than Audioslave. They don't sound the same, but you can easily tell that it's Tom Morello playing guitar.

aussiecreeder 04-22-2004 03:46 AM

Quote:

Zack De La Rocha held them down. It's great that they formed Audioslave. I liked some riffs from Rage Against the Machine, but the rapping and the annoying lyrics made me really dislike the band. Kind of like how some people dislike Creed. Over the leadsinger and lyrics. Rage Against the Machine is more "hardcore" so to speak, than Audioslave. They don't sound the same, but you can easily tell that it's Tom Morello playing guitar.

the leadsinger and lyrics are very important, i can't like a band if i dislike the lead singer and lyrics. Are you telling me you can't rock out to "Killing in the Name"? I would like it if Morello wouldn't fall back on his DJ effects so often. They are good but in their debut it was overdone a bit I thought.

hayley 04-22-2004 04:40 AM

Killing In The Name cracks me up