CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Name the New Band!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5273)

Wylde-Tremonti 12-19-2003 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
I think they should stick with Down Shifter. Because this band will definetly be a "step backwards" for the people involved. Half of Creed, with a former Creed member, and another dude (or dudette? ;)) won't be overly great. At least, not in my opinion. As they say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. Or also, it's hard to improve on a great thing.

H-D :xmas:

i completely disagree.... i think the new project will blow ppl away... it's time for mark to let loose... he has always sorta held back in creed... and this his chance to get raw... and i believe he'll take it... IMO... this may be something more powerful than any of us can expect... ROCK ON MARK!

crest tattoo 12-19-2003 10:00 PM

I like Kram too, but how about "Harden?" This band will be a lot harder than the last and they have all toughened up a lot too, physically especially! :pant:
What I'd like to hear is "Temporary Pause."

Wylde-Tremonti 12-19-2003 10:04 PM

how bout.... War-or-Love.....?...

hayley 12-20-2003 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
it's time for mark to let loose... he has always sorta held back in creed... and this his chance to get raw...

I have heard that from a lot of people, and I don't quite get it. You think he was held back when he was in Creed? :confused: Why? If he was, and he felt that, don't you think he would have left before now to either join a new band, or begin another band?

The Lithium 12-20-2003 04:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by janem
Obviously.

I have a better one! You know, the guys like metal. So why not "Metallika"? That's really good, but I have a better one too! What about "Kreed"?? It's awsome!! Sometimes I'm just too smart!

Wylde-Tremonti 12-20-2003 10:16 AM

because... Creed was still the best band around... he just didn't get to show off his soloing skills... that doesn't mean he didn't like what he was writing... he just didn't dish out his full potential... that's prolly WHY HE'S DOIN A PROJECT NOW... cuz he wants to bust out!

janem 12-22-2003 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by addicted2stapp
I have heard that from a lot of people, and I don't quite get it. You think he was held back when he was in Creed? :confused: Why? If he was, and he felt that, don't you think he would have left before now to either join a new band, or begin another band?

I think Mark has always wanted to lead Creed in the direction of a heavier sound, but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side... Mark's definetely not an acoustic-kinda guitar player, that's for sure.

J :D

Jez 12-22-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

I think Mark has always wanted to lead Creed in the direction of a heavier sound, but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side... Mark's definetely not an acoustic-kinda guitar player, that's for sure.

J :D

That's a major assumption.

janem 12-22-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jez
That's a major assumption.

Not really... he said he didn't like to play acoustic and he would like to play heavier music.

:)

Wylde-Tremonti 12-22-2003 12:18 PM

well...i think Mark Likes to play acoustic... but.. i think he always wanted to dab into his Metal roots.... and scott is definately NOT metal...

Frankie 12-22-2003 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TremontiWanaB
well...i think Mark Likes to play acoustic... but.. i think he always wanted to dab into his Metal roots.... and scott is definately NOT metal...

Did you know that Scott wrote all of Bullets and all of Freedom Fighter...the 2 heaviest songs on Weathered.

janem 12-22-2003 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie
Did you know that Scott wrote all of Bullets and all of Freedom Fighter...the 2 heaviest songs on Weathered.

I'm sorry, but Scott Stapp is not that good of a guitar player that he could of written the riffs on Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Both those songs are classic Tremonti guitar.

Frankie 12-22-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry, but Scott Stapp is not that good of a guitar player that he could of written the riffs on Bullets and Freedom Fighter. Both those songs are classic Tremonti guitar.

:rolleyes: Believe what you will...that is your right... :D

Wylde-Tremonti 12-22-2003 01:02 PM

dude... Stapp can't play guitar worth crap... have you ever heard him play rythem????

Jez 12-22-2003 01:07 PM

Quote:

Not really... he said he didn't like to play acoustic and he would like to play heavier music.

Ok, then.....let me rephrase....
Pretty much all of us are aware of Mark's "metal roots" and know he likes to play hard; however, I disagree with your statement that he doesn't like to play accoustic, or softer songs, if you will. Since Mark wrote the majority of the MUSIC for Creed, how do you account for such a large proportion of the songs that use a clean guitar? I don't think that Mark would spend the better part of his adult life putting his time, heart, and soul into music that he really didn't care for.
That said....

Quote:

but Scott always would pull the band towards the softer side...

THIS is a major assumption.