CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   What happens now with Head Heavy? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8939)

TeriB19 04-09-2005 11:18 PM

What happens now with Head Heavy?

So now that AB's been touring for awhile with plans into the spring, what happens to Brian's band, Head Heavy? I know there have been quotes from Mark saying that Alter Bridge is the band he plans on retiring from down the road, but what happens with the other projects? Also, does anyone think the Downshifter project has been put on permanent hold?

aussiecreeder 04-09-2005 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
So now that AB's been touring for awhile with plans into the spring, what happens to Brian's band, Head Heavy? I know there have been quotes from Mark saying that Alter Bridge is the band he plans on retiring from down the road, but what happens with the other projects? Also, does anyone think the Downshifter project has been put on permanent hold?

I was thinking about that Downshifter project the other day actually. As far as Head Heavy I believe they have a replacement bassist for Brian, but I guess Brian will help them out as much as possible (touring with AB and stuff). I hope Mark still does a speed metal project at some stage. There were supposed to be dudes from Slipknot in that (if I remember rightly) which doesn't really impress me although their lead guitarist is good.

It would be awesome if he could get Morgan Rose from Sevendust on the drums. Perhaps Mark could form a band around himself and get some guest vocalists. I'm still hoping that inbetween AB releases (maybe between the 2nd and 3rd albums) that Mark does this and Myles finishes the solo album he was working on.

chafin24 04-10-2005 01:08 AM

headheavy is still going

there cd is done, and check the website, because you can purchase the cd via there website for $10.00. I heard the brian marshall is playing bass with headheavy at the earthday birthday concert in orlando fla. :D :)

RMadd 04-10-2005 02:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
Perhaps Mark could form a band around himself and get some guest vocalists.

kinda like Carlos Santana does? except with good vocalists, not crappy pop singers (i'm not knocking Santana, just a couple of the artists with whom he's worked)

aussiecreeder 04-10-2005 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
kinda like Carlos Santana does? except with good vocalists, not crappy pop singers (i'm not knocking Santana, just a couple of the artists with whom he's worked)

you mean chad kroger, rob thomas and michelle branch? lol
get some good metal singers (and maybe some of those 80's style vocalists) and do a probot style thing except there will be a guitarist who is MUCH better. maybe get dudes like troy stetina and michael battio to do guest solos.

RMadd 04-10-2005 02:57 AM

hey now, i like rob thomas. but ditto on Kroeger & Branch. and Alex Band, too, of The Calling. I think he did the original of the song that Kroeger sang on, but Santana re-recorded w/ Chadwick for the radio single or something like that.

RMadd 04-10-2005 02:58 AM

but, anyway, if i were Brian, i'd stick w/ AB for the time being. it's all about the benjamins, baby

Steve 04-10-2005 12:21 PM

Quote:

hey now, i like rob thomas. but ditto on Kroeger & Branch. and Alex Band, too, of The Calling. I think he did the original of the song that Kroeger sang on, but Santana re-recorded w/ Chadwick for the radio single or something like that.

You got that backwards actually... Santana did the song with Chad Kroeger first originally. There was a dispute with the record labels which caused Santana to rerecord it with Alex Band to release as a single. The radio stations here actually played the Chad version though lol

RMadd 04-10-2005 03:08 PM

ahhh.... i sorta had a feeling i said it wrong.... but, yeah, i remember the stations in st. louis that played santana played the kroeger version more; i think i only heard the band version once.

tremonti4life04 04-10-2005 03:38 PM

I would like to see singers like Dave Mustain, James Hetfield, and Seether do some stuff with Mark Tremonti. That would be awesome. Maybe in return Tremonti will play guitar on Hetfields country album...LMAO, Tremonti with a cowboy hat and cowboy boots....need i say more

RMadd 04-10-2005 04:11 PM

James Hetfield is doing a country album???

titan9 04-10-2005 04:20 PM

Quote:

James Hetfield is doing a country album???

Am I the only one who finds that incredibly funny, if true?:laugh:

As for the side-projects, I didn't even know about the other ones(besides Mark's of course). If those ever pan out, man, I'm sure that'd be some great music.

Wylde-Tremonti 04-10-2005 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tremonti4life04
I would like to see singers like Dave Mustain,

Aww FUCK no... Why the hell would you want Mustaine singing for him??? Man the guy is a SICK guitarist and an excellent person... but damn... the dude CANNOT sing...

aussiecreeder 04-10-2005 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
Aww FUCK no... Why the hell would you want Mustaine singing for him??? Man the guy is a SICK guitarist and an excellent person... but damn... the dude CANNOT sing...

Megadeath are a sweet band but he's not Freddie Mercury. According to that funny interview posted here Mark loves Opeth so it would be sweet if he could convince their singer to lay down vocals on a track. I just hope this project actually happens at some point.

tremonti4life04 04-10-2005 09:39 PM

Yes, it is true, James Hetfield is donning a cowboy hat and boots, and doing a country album. Its kinda weird, and scares me too, but ultimatey, country is his favorite genre of music.