CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   people that cut themselves (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5453)

Aimee 01-08-2004 01:42 PM

I do see what you were saying too though that people who experience trauma may develop a psycholocial response like PTSD and such and those people tecnically weren't mentally ill (biologically speaking) - the environment imposed trauma on them. I think that is what you mean.
Yes Jul this is what I mean. I hope my post didn't come off as sarcastic. I really do mean it when I thank you for your :2cents:
Uhhh..... Geek, where are the cuts and how much do they bleed? I'm not a nurse or a doctor, but maybe Jen can shed some light on how much blood one can lose without dying???

Julbright 01-08-2004 01:43 PM

G2004 can I ask why you are asking this?

GeeK_2004 01-08-2004 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julbright
G2004 can I ask why you are asking this?

I was just wonderin...

Julbright 01-08-2004 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeeK_2004
I was just wonderin...

Well I genuinely hoping you aren't asking because you are planning on trying.

hayley 01-08-2004 05:50 PM

Yeah I'm abit worried here, Kim. :( Do you know someone that is doing or attempting to do this, or is this happening to you? Because I'm sure most people just don't ask a serious subject like this just because they are curious, is there something wrong? Hope you don't mind me asking but I'm here for you if there is, okay? :hugs:

marlsy 01-08-2004 05:56 PM

Kim I also worry about you! Please pm me if you want k? I'm here for you!

crest tattoo 01-08-2004 07:40 PM

G2004, I too am very concerned after going back and reading your posts. As having gone through it, I'm here if you need me. [email protected] if that's the case or the thought even. Please take this thought or process very, very seriously! I believe, Jen or Julie, help me here, you can cut enough to bleed-tragically-I'll say.
To Julie and all of you, thanks for your support. Like I said, I didn't put it there to get mushy, but I appreciate your thoughts and comments. Julie, you are the most caring person. Love ya too! ;) Like you said Julie, by fessing up and relating, I am over it and it's not even an issue.

crest tattoo 01-08-2004 07:42 PM

OMG BTW, when did the avatars get so yummy around here? Kris, love Collin Farrell, his looks, not so much his mouth and actions, but he isssss fine. :eek:

Sheila63 01-08-2004 08:24 PM

First of all, thank you so much to Joy and Kris for the courage you have to share your stories with us.:hugs:

Kim, I have to say, I'm as concerned as the others are about you. Please feel free to send me a pm if you want or need to talk.:hugs:

Alter Shredder 01-08-2004 08:26 PM

This has been a very informative topic. I want to thank those who have had the courage to tell their stories. I think it is time I join in. While I never cut myself, I got close. (I am like Tremo and that needles and sharp objects scare me) But i did hurt myself in other ways. (I wont go into for the sake of not giving anyone any ideas.) But when I read a lot of peoples posts I started to realize that I fit into a lot of the stuff. I did stuff for attention. I did feel very lonely and not a part of anything. I did have ocd. And the final straw was when psycolgocially i became so distraught, that i would eat but the food did not stay down. When I became sick I learned that people do care for me. The thing is, i still have a lot of pain inside. I have tried to find ways of release that arent painful. It is hard to but I know I must go on. I just keep hope that for me things will get better, they are starting to but it is still very hard.

Sheila63 01-08-2004 08:50 PM

Thank you for sharing your story with us too, Iced. After reading yours, I feel the need to share my own since I see some similarities. I was sexually assaulted when I was a teenager and although I never cut myself, I found other unhealthy ways to cope with my feelings. Like Iced, I was lonely and never really felt like I belonged. My way of dealing with all of this was overeating. Even now, I'm working on dealing with my emotions without turning to food to numb myself or make myself feel better, knowing that it's only a temporary fix. Although it doesn't have the immediate impact as cutting yourself, in the long run, it's turned out to be destructive. It's effected my health and made me feel like a prisoner at times. Fortunately, with the help of a wonderful therapist, everything is getting better and I've noticed alot of personal changes in the last couple of years but I still have work to do.

Dogstar 01-08-2004 08:57 PM

Wow, all I can say is you guys are incredibly brave. :hugs: to everyone, and please, Geek_2004, if this is about you or a friend, please get you or that person help. This is very serious. People here have shown that you can get through it with help!

crest tattoo 01-08-2004 08:59 PM

Boy, you start looking around and you realize how many of us have suffered from one thing or another. To all of you who are, there is a light at the end of the tunnel, and I'm so glad to hear you all are getting help. I went through my share of counselors before I found one that actually helped, and I've been doing well since. There'll always be flashbacks, but you learn how best to deal with them.
Iced...to you, I want you to know that sometimes you can find it easier to talk to people who are more casual than close, and you work things out in your head as you write too. Of course, there's more you need to do than just that, as it sounds you are. Thanks to you and Sheila for sharing your stories too. Not all people are hurtful. There are good people left in the world, a lot of them actually. So hang in there. Share, and give yourself a break sometimes.

crest tattoo 01-08-2004 09:03 PM

Ok G2004, I looked up your profile, and I see you're reading this thread now. Please come around and let us all know you how you are.
Tomorrow, BTW, is your one year anniversary at the feed! :D

GeeK_2004 01-08-2004 09:12 PM

...I went back to school this past tuesday...Went to first block...come to find out i`m the only female out of 19 people....Feels like I`m being watched or something. ...I only have one friend in one class...I have absoulutiy no one to talk to at lunch....literally all the bullys that bullied me is in two of my classes....Thankfully they havent started up any bully sh!t yet...