CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   rollingstone AB review (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7293)

DangerousDan85 08-27-2004 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kimvan
I'd go with the Weathered review rather than the AB review for a more accurate description of Stapp's voice. I wouldn't call him the 'one note predecessor' at all.

i agree

farmgirl 08-27-2004 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
...Besides, i hope people weren't expecting AB to receive nothing but GLOWING reviews...some people just don't like what they hear...that simple.

There isn't a band in the world that gets 100% glowing reviews. Some negative ones are bound to come up...I've seen many negative reviews of ODR...along with many favorable ones. Like you say...personal choice. :)

Dogstar 08-27-2004 03:26 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Mark write most of the lyrics for AB with Myles contributing on a couple of tracks? They are criticizing Myles for the lyrics? Maybe I'm just reading things incorrectly...

Bridge of Clay 08-27-2004 03:57 PM

Myles collaborated in 5 tracks.

The Lithium 08-27-2004 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
Myles collaborated in 5 tracks.

Right on!! :D

Jooji_2 08-27-2004 05:26 PM

You mean........

there are actually people who pay attention to reviews? I buy what I like and don't buy what I don't like. Don't need no music reviewer, who probably has never been a musician in their entire life, to tell me what is good music....my own ears tell me that.

Didn't Creed once thank reviewers in an interview...saying the bad reviews just made them more determined to carry on? I've read some good reviews of Alter Bridge and some bad ones....I made up my mind already...so I'm not paying alot of attention to reviewers. I never do. :D

aussiecreeder 08-28-2004 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ann Allusion
Basically what i have said all along...great on the technical side...apparently R.S. has issues with the lyrics as well...and well, the author of the piece gave THEIR viewpoint...Besides, i hope people weren't expecting AB to receive nothing but GLOWING reviews...some people just don't like what they hear...that simple.

Once again, personal choice...

but the author complains of the lyrics being "too spirtual" just like creed and yet the same magazine gives weathered 3.5 stars? even if and big IF its the same thing with better musciansip and vocals than it should get a better review than weathered. it is obviously their viewpoint but it doesn't appear logical.

Dogstar 08-28-2004 12:24 PM

I really don't give much credence to reviews in general, because it is just one person's opinion and it's likely that whoever reviewed Weathered for RS may not have reviewed the Alter Bridge CD. It was clear the reviewer was expecting something different from Creed and he or she didn't get that, so that is what I think the person was taking issue with. As I've said, I think this disc is more of a transition, being that 3/4 of the members were in Creed. I, too, wasn't overly impressed with the lyrics, but I do think the guitar playing and Myles' voice sounded great. I really like Myles and I hope they really find their sound on the next album, if there is one :D.

aussiecreeder 08-30-2004 12:42 AM

oh there will be another album! :D while there are songs that have that creed sound for sure (which is tremonti) i don't feel like its creed 2 by any stretch of the imagination. 2nd album is where its at though.......

JulieCitySlicker 08-30-2004 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE LITHIUM
Shut up, or shut the fuck up!! Your choice!!

Dang! Thats real mature :rolleyes:

The Lithium 08-30-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
Dang! Thats real mature :rolleyes:

Of course, hey, it's me!!

goddess_bb 08-31-2004 03:12 PM

I agree with Dogstar and Jooji who gives a flying Sh** what critics say..hey here's a idea think for yourself...or if feeling vindictive buy the Alter Bridge CD to spite them prove those critics wrong...

Jooji_2 08-31-2004 10:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goddess_bb
I agree with Dogstar and Jooji who gives a flying Sh** what critics say..hey here's a idea think for yourself...or if feeling vindictive buy the Alter Bridge CD to spite them prove those critics wrong...

Well....actually I don't own the Alter Bridge CD. Wish them luck, but don't particularly like their music. Sorry, but I just wasn't able to get into anything Alter Bridge put out there. I've seen glowing reviews and I've seen not so glowing reviews, but ultimately the decision not to buy came after I listened all the way through. Some will like it, some won't.

My next CD purchase will be Velvet Revolver. I always thought Weiland was a bit of jerk....but ya know everybody should get a second chance. :D

goddess_bb 08-31-2004 11:28 PM

Point taken Jooji...and I second the Velvet Revolver idea...I love their new song and video..Fall to Pieces...

I just don't understand why people take this sh*t so damn personal, it's not like they wrote the music with blood sweat and tears..