CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Mark Quote On End Of Creed (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8201)

Gabriel 12-15-2004 11:07 AM

Mark Quote On End Of Creed

This was from the latest issue of Billboard Magazine. Enjoy.

Mark Tremonti, a presenter with his band Alter Bridge, is proud of his Creed past but is ready to leave it in the rear-view mirror. He said he was even opposed to Wind-up's Nov. 23 release of the band's greatest hits.
"To tell you the truth, I didn't want that to come out," Tremonti said. "I did everything I could to say 'I want everybody concentrating on Alter Bridge,' but it went out anyway...Creed, to me, is done. There's nothing else I'm going to work for. I'm not going to spend another minute on Creed. I never will again. Alter Bridge will be everything I work for, and I'm dead set on doing it, even though we've been fighting to get our name out there. I'm never going to stop. Creed is the past."

Trimontana 12-15-2004 11:37 AM

Thanks for the posting Michael.
I have always said that Mark felt proud to be a member of Creed against of those than always said that he wasn´t.
I understand and support Mark`s decissions whatever are or whatever will be about his music career. I am proud as well to be an AB fan and i am not afraid to say that.
And against of all those that still are hopping for a Creed reunion just say that if Mark made those statements is cos really it won´t be a Creed reunion. Just say, for ending that for those as well that still have expectations in that reunion, that they have to move on and accept the fact that we always will have Creed music; but the present and the future is AB.
And i wish Mark, and the guys all the luck with the band, and my support.
With all my respect and love for AB

-Gabi- :D

titan9 12-15-2004 12:26 PM

Thanks for posting that. Confirmation that Mark didn't want the Greatest Hits album released when it was.

RMadd 12-15-2004 01:42 PM

awesome like a possum. Thanks Michael!

XenoN 12-15-2004 03:56 PM

Beautiful. I dig it.

Agent D 12-15-2004 04:28 PM

I can see where he's coming from. It isn't fun to live in the past. I hope AB becomes huge and they stay around for a long time.

Wylde-Tremonti 12-15-2004 10:17 PM

Long Live AB!

aussiecreeder 12-15-2004 10:39 PM

i understand where mark is coming from but i was hoping a b-sides set will be released down the track with all of the members involved.

Dogstar 12-15-2004 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i understand where mark is coming from but i was hoping a b-sides set will be released down the track with all of the members involved.

My guess it will happen someday. Wind Up wouldn't give up on a cash cow that easily :D

aussiecreeder 12-15-2004 10:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
My guess it will happen someday. Wind Up wouldn't give up on a cash cow that easily :D

they wouldn't be a very good record company if they didn't milk their cash cows lol. however if the band isn't behind such a release it could be mediocre like the greatest hits was. the band has heaps of material that its diehard fans would love to hear.

Dogstar 12-15-2004 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
they wouldn't be a very good record company if they didn't milk their cash cows lol. however if the band isn't behind such a release it could be mediocre like the greatest hits was. the band has heaps of material that its diehard fans would love to hear.

Alice In Chains had no control over the many greatest hits packages Sony/Columbia put out. There have been rumors for years of leftover Alice stuff, but the remaining members always deny it. The label will pretty much can do what it wants regardless of the band's wishes. I don't think they can do anything with the unreleased stuff, though.

aussiecreeder 12-16-2004 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Alice In Chains had no control over the many greatest hits packages Sony/Columbia put out. There have been rumors for years of leftover Alice stuff, but the remaining members always deny it. The label will pretty much can do what it wants regardless of the band's wishes. I don't think they can do anything with the unreleased stuff, though.

yeah but its the unreleased stuff the fans (at least this one) want. we don't want it to be like AIC where they release as many greatest hits packages as orignal albums.

Chase 12-16-2004 01:27 AM

Very interesting. I think that type of determination will really take Tremonti's endeavors far. If Stapp keeps living off Creed... he won't make it as a solo artist.

Torn Daredevil 12-16-2004 01:56 AM

I like what Mark has to say... But, is it just me or does he seem REALLY bitter about the whole Creed experience???

RMadd 12-16-2004 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Torn Daredevil
But, is it just me or does he seem REALLY bitter about the whole Creed experience???

imona hafta sorta agree w/ you there. i'm not sure if bitter is the right word, but he's obviously got problems w/ it

Steve 12-16-2004 10:17 AM

I can't say what Mark is feeling because obviously I'm not Mark, but think about it for a minute... he has to be so frustrated or sick of getting asked questions regarding Creed from media people by now. Just a thought.

titan9 12-16-2004 10:38 AM

I'm sure he is tired of it. If I were in his position I would be, too. I'm sure he is thankful for the Creed experience but right now, he's just putting his everything into AB and he's tired of the same old Creed related questions. At least that's what I think.

uncertaindrumer 12-23-2004 06:09 PM

Who WOULDN'T be bitter about having been in a band with Scott Stapp?!

EvenStream 12-23-2004 06:57 PM

As good as Creed WERE there the past, enjoy what they did, AB are the future, come with or get letf behind, thats what i say!

titan9 12-23-2004 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Who WOULDN'T be bitter about having been in a band with Scott Stapp?!

Lol, you strongly dislike Stapp, eh? :rolleyes: Personally, I'm an equal fan....so I can't take sides.

UK_Bridge 12-30-2004 05:47 PM

i dont think hes bitter just wants to move on.

if you got a new girl friend or boyfriend you wouldnt want to be talking about your old one to everyone or even infront of them. i think he will always be very greatful for his time with Creed and look back on good times with them. but he just doesnt want AB to live in thier shadows think he is trying to hit a new market that isnt and is dominated by Creeds past.