CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Punk/Emo (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6304)

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2004 05:38 PM

Punk/Emo

Does Punk SUCK or is it AWESOME?
After You Vote please say one you picked, if you'd be so kind...

Wylde-Tremonti 04-13-2004 05:44 PM

I Said IT SUCKS... because Punk, for the most part, is music made up of Guitarists that Can't play more than Power Chords and Singers That Can't Sing.

Dogstar 04-13-2004 05:47 PM

OK, I picked that it sucked, mainly because what is considered punk these days is more pop-rock to me. Real hardcore punk was more than just the music. It was a way of life and attitude and it wasn't really about going commercial, at least not the fringe stuff that was out in the 70s and 80s. As far as emo, I'm not really into it, but I would take it on a band-by-band basis, I guess...I don't really dig over-emoting singers. I'm not even sure what bands are emo these days. Someone once said Chevelle was emo, but I think of them more as rock, and I really like them.

PaulMcCoygirl 04-13-2004 05:54 PM

Well since you don't have a "it's okay, but not that great" button, I had to pick it sucks. I used to like New Found Glory and Good Charlotte a lot, but now I'm getting kind of sick of their music.

PaulMcCoygirl 04-13-2004 05:57 PM

I also consider Chevelle more of a rock group. They just have a rock vibe to them, and frankly, I can't stand emo.

Dogstar 04-13-2004 05:58 PM

I never liked Good Charlotte. They just didn't impress me. To me, they were like bubblegum punk.

PaulMcCoygirl 04-13-2004 06:04 PM

yeah they are sort of bubblegum punk. My friend got me into them for a while and I even went to go see them in concert. After the concert, I was just sick of them and I couldn't stand them anymore. I'm thinking about trashing the cd I made of their music.

Steve 04-13-2004 06:18 PM

It sucks. And to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure what EMO is. I've heard so many bands be called "EMO" that I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Nickelback has been labeled EMO in magazines and on websites?!?!?

BTW, the band I despise the most is Good Charlotte. What crap they play. I cannot stand them.

Trees of Wisdom 04-13-2004 06:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
It sucks. And to be quite honest with you, I'm not sure what EMO is. I've heard so many bands be called "EMO" that I have no idea what it's supposed to be. Nickelback has been labeled EMO in magazines and on websites?!?!?

BTW, the band I despise the most is Good Charlotte. What crap they play. I cannot stand them.

I hate when a genre is based on its image. EMO is cry-baby music. Whoever called Nickelback EMO, should shot.

I hate Good Charlotte. They wear eye-liner.

Trees of Wisdom 04-13-2004 06:31 PM

I voted "IT SUCKS" because EMO is cry-baby music and punk is dead and it still sucks.

Trees of Wisdom 04-13-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
OK, I picked that it sucked, mainly because what is considered punk these days is more pop-rock to me. Real hardcore punk was more than just the music. It was a way of life and attitude and it wasn't really about going commercial, at least not the fringe stuff that was out in the 70s and 80s. As far as emo, I'm not really into it, but I would take it on a band-by-band basis, I guess...I don't really dig over-emoting singers. I'm not even sure what bands are emo these days. Someone once said Chevelle was emo, but I think of them more as rock, and I really like them.

Chevelle is nu-metal. They sound a lot like Linkin Park and Hoobastank, and just about every other nu-metal band out there.

Lechium 04-13-2004 06:35 PM

Ummmm punk bands like Fugazi, At The Drive-In, Mars Volta and others are awesome
Bands that you hear on radio and mtv suck badly

There's really no way to vote on this poll since punk/emo is so ununiformal.

Dogstar 04-13-2004 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
Chevelle is nu-metal. They sound a lot like Linkin Park and Hoobastank, and just about every other nu-metal band out there.

Um, I wholeheartedly disagree. I loathe Linkin Park, Hoobastank and all of that stuff because those people don't sing and the music is boring. Chevelle has a guy who can actually sing and write some decent riffs. You can't have listened to their albums and call them nu-metal.

Dogstar 04-13-2004 06:40 PM

[quote=Lechium]Ummmm punk bands like Fugazi, At The Drive-In, Mars Volta and others are awesome
Bands that you hear on radio and mtv suck badly

[quote]

Ooooo, I love the Mars Volta! I've heard of the others (some of the MV people were in ATDI, yes?) but I haven't listented to their tunes.

JulieCitySlicker 04-13-2004 06:47 PM

I'm not much into punk bands but its better then rap :rolleyes: