CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   President Bush Re-Elected (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7866)

RMadd 11-05-2004 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellboy
Whitebird, you really need to re-think your political stance, as a Christian.

I am a Christian and have morals.

You, as a Christian, support candidates who think it's ok for people to kill babies that are unwanted by the millions, but don't think it's ok to go after the terrorists who kill many, many innocent people each year? It seems as though someone is a hypocrite.

Also, you support candidates who think the government, through our taxes, should give those who will not work a free ride through life and handouts on every corner. Besides this holding those people down and not allowing them advance on their own, this is certainly not what Jesus had in mind. I don't think Jesus ever would promote helping complete lazy-asses. I understand there are some who can do nothing for themselves, and we should help those people, but there aren't many.

And also, I studied scripture everyday for 4 years straight in school, and WWJD is the worst thing we can teach out of the Bible. You are not saved through your works. You are saved through belief in the death and resurrection of Christ for our sins.

even though you do come across as a bit arrogant, i'm going to have to agree with you here on every bit. well, i haven't given much thought to what Jesus' stance on welfare would be, but he'd probably say it's everyone's christian duty to help those lesser than ourselves--not the government's, explicitly. that's why i'm not a big fan of welfare. one, it drains the system b/c the gov't acts as an enabler for patterns of bad, irresponsible behavior. i'd be okay w/ a welfare system if there was a far greater level of accountability on the part of those recipients involved, but since there isn't, it sucks.... what denomination are you?

Dani 11-05-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Also, you support candidates who think the government, through our taxes, should give those who will not work a free ride through life and handouts on every corner. Besides this holding those people down and not allowing them advance on their own, this is certainly not what Jesus had in mind. I don't think Jesus ever would promote helping complete lazy-asses. I understand there are some who can do nothing for themselves, and we should help those people, but there aren't many.

Do most of you guys think like this, when reading all these comments, I can't believe how selfish you sound. It seems like all you care about is money and how much you are going to get taxed. Not about all the people and mainly children that would benefit from systems that would although people access to cheaper medications and free access to hospital care. Payments when people are out of work you can them all "lazy-asses" but even they have children to support, extra family payments for people on low incomes and so on.

Mulletman 11-05-2004 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OneOmerta
I actually looked at all of them, liked the NYC ones. Of course...the ones with the General were cool too! And tarzan is a cute dog lol.

Thanks. :)

I am a God fearing man, but I know it takes more than just prayer to ensure our kids dont have to see what we've seen. Its pretty simple, either fight today or let your kids do it tomorrow.

No reference to Iraq and Al-Qaeda in the 9/11 attacks is one thing, but there was a link between Iraq and Al-Qaeda. He built training camps for then IN his own country. He allow heads of Al-Qaeda to roam in and out of his country.. and for a man who kept his country in a tight lid - there was no way he didnt know. Finally, our Jordanian problem in there, Al-Zarkawi. Not only did he house him, he took him in when he got injured.

Quote:

You, as a Christian, support candidates who think it's ok for people to kill babies that are unwanted by the millions, but don't think it's ok to go after the terrorists who kill many, many innocent people each year?

Remember, capital punishment is murder but abortions are encouraged.

RMadd 11-05-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani
Do most of you guys think like this, when reading all these comments, I can't believe how selfish you sound. It seems like all you care about is money and how much you are going to get taxed. Not about all the people and mainly children that would benefit from systems that would although people access to cheaper medications and free access to hospital care. Payments when people are out of work you can them all "lazy-asses" but even they have children to support, extra family payments for people on low incomes and so on.

please, be reasonable. it's all fine and dandy to say money isn't everything, but what all this boils down to is, we live in a capitalistic society. we don't have money, money has us. people want all sorts of entitlements, but without having to pay more out of their own paychecks. we tend to favor candidates who promise to not raise our taxes, or reduce them, then get rid of them if they break that promise and raise them. we want to pay off the national debt, or at least balance the budget, but we're not willing to accept the means to do so: either cut programs or raise taxes. money is our lives, whether you like it or not.
i know that not everyone on welfare or who is unemployed is lazy. but our welfare system is unreliable in that it doesn't really tell us who is and who isn't. i would support redistribution to those who deserve it, but that would require revamping the system.

Mulletman 11-05-2004 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dani

Why should I have to give a part of my hard earned paycheck to the guy that did nothing but get drink and smoke pot in high school? Granted now all situations are like that above, but if I do not know to whom my money is going, excuse me for being selfish. If I knew for a fact that my money went to the mother of 3 that works 2 jobs to make rent, then fine.

whitebird 11-05-2004 06:53 PM

Hellboy, you acuse me of being a hypocrite, voting for a man who is pro-choice.

Let me tell you a couple of stories about women I have known.

One young woman was so very afraid of the views of her own family regarding race issues, she aborted the baby she carried because it was half African American. She knew that once it was born, her family would disown her, and she couldn't bear it.

One woman who was very, very, wealthy, aborted her baby because her husband had had a vasectomy, and she had had an affair with another man. In the divorce settlement, she wanted the most money she could receive, and knew that if she carried another man's baby, she would receive less.

One woman was so afraid of the views of her own family, she considered killing herself, as she could not abort her baby, but would let the baby die inside herself, as she herself died.

One woman's health was draining away with her own blood, and she was given the choice of dying, or aborting the baby.

Do the choices of some of these woman shock me more than the others? Yes.

Can I judge them if I do not walk in their shoes. No.

I have lived in a time when abortions were not legal, and back street butchers made fortunes. There were many deaths. The babies, and the young women included.

I would love to live in a world where all babies were wanted and loved.

I myself was married by a priest who was against all forms of birth control, and suggested that I have ten children. I feel that is also very wrong.

You may not know, but I work with children, and I love them all. Calling me a hypocrite, was a judgement that I do not feel you were qualified to make.

Chase 11-05-2004 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
If I should answer this the way I want to answer it I would get banned. :mad:

What's up with you American people? Lately Bush have screwed up the whole worlds economy! He boomed Iraq, a nation that has never ever killed a single American citizen before the war. For what? Terror? Not likely! Here in Sweden where I live I have never ever heard anyone say a single nice, friendly or positive word about that man. I'm glad some of you guys understand.

I have 4 words for you: "Micheal Moore -Fahrenheit 9/11"

"Same on you if you if you... *thinking* Fool me once... Shame on me... *thinking again*... Well, actually you can't be fooled two times" - Bush

What's up with you Europeans? You don't like Bush because he doesn't kiss European asses like John Kerry would've. Explain to me why it's okay for Saddam Hussein to massacre his own people? Why is it okay for him to fund Palestinian terrorists? Here's 4 words for you, kid: "Michael Moore- Fat Liar" I find it funny that you guys let that fat piece of garbage tell you what to believe. You and I know what will happen once your country is struck by disaster. You'll come begging for our aide and we'll give it to you. Unlike Europe, we're not selfish. We have every right to defend ourselves... like it or not... and Europe doesn't have a say in the way we chose to protect ourselves.

Xterminator27 11-05-2004 08:01 PM

Iraq did nothing to america, the terrorists did.

Its the same as a hate group in New york, bombs an appartment and kills a few hundred innocent people. So usa bombs newyork murdering thousands of innocent lives.

Yhea good job there all you imperalistic single minded, greed-driven fuckers

Is any sum of wealth worth doing this?
http://www.ninjapirate.com/images/offensive5.jpg

Torn Daredevil 11-06-2004 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27
Iraq did nothing to america, the terrorists did.

Its the same as a hate group in New york, bombs an appartment and kills a few hundred innocent people. So usa bombs newyork murdering thousands of innocent lives.

Yhea good job there all you imperalistic single minded, greed-driven fuckers

Is any sum of wealth worth doing this?
http://www.ninjapirate.com/images/offensive5.jpg

Once again, what the fuck are you talking about?

And, for the record, I am Lutheran, RMadd.

Xterminator27 11-06-2004 12:36 AM

Quote:

Once again, what the fuck are you talking about?

And, for the record, I am Lutheran, RMadd.

wow.. just wow

First i thought noone was actually stupid enough not to know such blantly obvious things,

then when i found out your not joking....

Please get educated. You know nothing.

Mulletman 11-06-2004 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xterminator27

This makes no sense at all.

Xterminator27 11-06-2004 01:06 AM

Oh sorry, change new york to New england and same rules apply

The people of iraq did nothing to deserve to be tortured, spat on, and killed. They did nothing to have thier homes destroyed, schools bombed, and children massicered.

Its not very difficult to understand folks,

Unless of course your a single minded patriotic bastard which i hope noone here is (well besides helboy hes obviously one)

Torn Daredevil 11-06-2004 01:09 AM

You are making no fucking sense and you are the only one who doesn't realize it!!! Please explain yourself! They were under the rule of a dictator who killed millions more than we have (us doing it unintentionally). He is a such a ruthless bastard, you just don't fucking get it. When he was younger, to be initiated into a gang, he was assigned to kill his brother... and he did it without batting an eyelash.

And I'll take being called "a patriotic bastard" as a compliment... It's way better than what you are, silly Canadian... LOL... Stop being such a prick and leave me and my country alone. We haven't attacked you so get a fucking life.

DangerousDan85 11-06-2004 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Bush did win the popular vote, but it was no ringing endorsement. There's a good a chunk of people (48 percent or so) in this country who are NOT happy about this. I am one of those people.

i am one of those people too. I voted for Kerry. Too bad I don't live in Ohio or any of the other swing states. Then my vote would've mattered more. :rolleyes:

The Lithium 11-06-2004 04:10 PM

Quote:

Yes, Lith. They are related. Hussein being in power gave all terrorists in the middle east a free ticket to practice terrorism. He made the middle east a terror state. End of story.

And also, thank you. I trust you got my e-mail. :)

Yeah, but, I still hate Bush more than ever, and I disrespect everyone who thinks the way he does about being gay and so on! I still respect you. Maybe I'm a bit blurry 'bout this. I just disrespect your opinions if you think Bush is right about the gay-thing, which I've mentioned quite a few times by now. Respect you as persons, although.

X - keept it real man! I'm so backing you up!!