CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW BAND NAME -- Alter Bridge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6405)

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 06:22 AM

wow it is differnent from what i expected (not really sure what i expected actually:)) but it does have quite a bit of meaning to it. it is a cool name when you say it out loud. i could get used to it and good work Steve! :)

Tremonticized1 04-23-2004 06:43 AM

Alter Road is the border of Grosse Pointe Park (where Mark grew up) and Detroit. I think it's a cool name especially since I'm from the Grosse Pointe area.
________
Silversurfer Reviews
________
Chevrolet 210 specifications

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonticized1
Alter Road is the border of Grosse Pointe Park (where Mark grew up) and Detroit. I think it's a cool name especially since I'm from the Grosse Pointe area.

ah so Mark was a rich boy? :D

Tremonticized1 04-23-2004 06:55 AM

Well, I would say they probably weren't hurting for money. But the real money, huge mansions, etc. is in Grosse Pointe. They sub divided Grosse Pointe up and there is the Village of, City of, GP Shores, GP Farms & GP Park.
________
VAPORIZE
________
N02 VAPORIZER

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonticized1
Well, I would say they probably weren't hurting for money. But the real money, huge mansions, etc. is in Grosse Pointe. They sub divided Grosse Pointe up and there is the Village of, City of, GP Shores, GP Farms & GP Park.

thanks for the info it sounds like Grosse Pointe is a very large place if it was divided in so many smaller areas. so is there a rivalry between Grosse Pointe and Greater Detroit? rich boys verses the poorer underclass?

Tremonticized1 04-23-2004 08:00 AM

I'm sure there is, but I'm closer to GP Shores which is the northern most part. I know there was rivalry between the city I grew up (Roseville) and St. Clair Shores (which is between Roseville & GPS). Roseville is the poorest of the 3.
________
HEMP
________

The Lithium 04-23-2004 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Trees of Wisdom
It's funny that they decided to change their name and to lowercase the letter D in their name. They probably didn't want to be labeled in the nu-metal category. SubmurseD sounds and looks nu-metalish to me. :D

Actually they were frist named Submerged, but when they god signed Wind-up changed it.

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by extreme_LITHIUM
Actually they were frist named Submerged, but when they god signed Wind-up changed it.

god signed (by) Wind-Up that statement is wrong on so many levels! :D what is the latest with those guys? what we want? a release date! when do we want it? now!

The Lithium 04-23-2004 08:48 AM

Due to VH1 the release date is 06.30.04

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 08:51 AM

Quote:

okay that is cool but you would think if that was the case there would be confirmation on their site.

The Lithium 04-23-2004 09:36 AM

Yeah, but you never know

benkenobi 04-23-2004 10:29 AM

I'm seeing some awesome cover art they could use with a name like "Alter Bridge." I think it will just look cool on the front of an album.

aussiecreeder 04-23-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by benkenobi
I'm thinking they could get some awesome cover art for the album with a name like "Alter Bridge." Sweet!!!

true dat a picture of the bridge with the great divide on either side is the obvious thing. i don't think dan (assuming he does the cover art) will go the obvious route though.

Steve 04-23-2004 11:26 AM

Quote:

That VH1 release date isn't accurate. CDs are released on Tuesdays in the states and that is not a Tuesday.

Steve 04-23-2004 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
true dat a picture of the bridge with the great divide on either side is the obvious thing. i don't think dan (assuming he does the cover art) will go the obvious route though.

When I think of album art, which I also did last night after reading the name, I immediately though of Nickelback's "The Long Road" album cover... take a look...