CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Top 5 Bands? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5927)

Sheila63 02-22-2004 06:51 PM

Like everyone else, it's hard to list just 5 but here they are (in no particular order except for no. 1: :)

1. Creed
2. Matchbox Twenty
3. Led Zepplin
4. U2
5. The Who

Dogstar 02-22-2004 06:54 PM

OMG, I left out Santana! D'OH...:D

WeatheredWoman 02-22-2004 07:08 PM

I hope that they will come to my "area" very soon, what happened to be the Netherlands, Europe! LOL! That's my bad I guess... all the good new music is in America right now:(

Right now is Jonny Lang singin' in the background... I've already heard "Red Light", "Dying to Live" now is "Beautiful One" playing!! He's pretty good too!

Ok... I'm now at Jesse Malin's website... downloading "Queen of the Underground"...

SmilinSkullRing 02-22-2004 07:14 PM

I've got to let you know that Jesse Malin has a unique singing voice. Then again, don't all of the greats? lol He's new, but I really like him. Hey, if it's any consolation Bruce Springsteen can't stop listening to his album. :D

Glad you like Jonny Lang! The greatest thing about him is his great voice for his age and his amazing guitar skills.

WeatheredWoman 02-22-2004 07:15 PM

No... I'm not so fond of Jesse Malin... his voice annoys me! Sorry! He sings very much like Bruce Springsteen. Just my humble opinion...

SmilinSkullRing 02-22-2004 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
I hope that they will come to my "area" very soon, what happened to be the Netherlands, Europe! LOL! That's my bad I guess... all the good new music is in America right now:(

Oh cool, didn't know that you live in the Netherlands. Well, they will be in Norway in August. Maybe the Netherlands will make it into their itinerary.

SmilinSkullRing 02-22-2004 07:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WeatheredWoman
No... I'm not so fond of Jesse Malin... his voice annoys me! Sorry! He sings very much like Bruce Springsteen. Just my humble opinion...

I personally think his voice has to grow on you. Although I did like him from the beginning, but so much more now. He doesn't sound like Bruce though you can definitely hear the influence. :D

WeatheredWoman 02-22-2004 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmilinSkullRing
I've got to let you know that Jesse Malin has a unique singing voice. Then again, don't all of the greats? lol He's new, but I really like him. Hey, if it's any consolation Bruce Springsteen can't stop listening to his album. :D

Ok I heard by now!! Not my kind of voice... He's all Bruce's ;)

Quote:

Glad you like Jonny Lang! The greatest thing about him is his great voice for his age and his amazing guitar skills.

Absolutely true!! I like him and those Los Lonely brothers! I'm also very into ManMade God at this time have you heard of them??

WeatheredWoman 02-22-2004 07:23 PM

Quote:

He doesn't sound like Bruce though you can definitely hear the influence. :D

Yeah... that's what I meant!

Shadow 02-22-2004 07:23 PM

My list has changed through the years. Bon Jovi was always my number one until Creed came along in '97.

1. Creed
2. Bon Jovi
3. Van Halen
4. Linkin Park
5. Def Leppard

Some of my fave's from the 80's....

Journey
Motley Crue
Ozzy
REO Speedwagon
Styx
Genesis
Nightranger

The more I think about it, the more I miss the 80's. There were alot of great concerts! Gotta love the "hair bands"

Sheila63 02-22-2004 07:31 PM

Love your list, Shadow. :D

I'm a fan of most of the bands you listed especially

Def Leppard
Journey
Styx
Genesis

WeatheredWoman 02-22-2004 07:33 PM

Awwww Definately the hairbands Shadow LOL!! Did you already checked out the "Hot men"-thread in Chat-O-Rama ??? There are some pretty pics of some hairbands-guys ;)

Jester 02-22-2004 07:55 PM

I have had the privliledge of seeing

U2-2x
Creed-2x
sevendust-1x
take down tomorrow-5+x

but I have yet to see static-x :(

DangerousDan85 02-22-2004 07:57 PM

- Creed
- Fuel
- Our Lady Peace
- Disturbed
- Godsmack

others bands i really like but didn't make the TOP 5

(Tantric, STP, Nickelback, Collective Soul, AAF, Seether, Fozzy, LP, Bush)

Alter Shredder 02-22-2004 08:48 PM

Creed, Linkin Park, POD, 12 Stones, Greenwheel, Pillar, Blindside, East West, Metallica, REO Speedwagon, etc. i probably missed a few