CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed concert opener (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=369)

faceless kiwi 10-29-2002 03:35 PM

Creed concert opener

Ok, we all know bullets is a kickass opener, and i hope they will always keep it as the first song.
But i just wanted to know, from all u guys who saw creed before the weathered tour. What song did they use to open up with?
I thought it might have been are you ready, but i dont know.

Read JDM 10-29-2002 05:03 PM

I don't know the answer, but in my opinion, another great opening song would be Ode.

Unforgiven Fan 10-29-2002 05:22 PM

Ode...and it has almost the same effect but Ode is in your face right when they start and does not let up but Bullets does...

faceless kiwi 10-29-2002 06:32 PM

Oh yeah ode. Man that would've been a wicked concert opener.

Said Eyes 10-29-2002 08:45 PM

They've opened with a couple of songs. Ode was a good one, and they'd build up with some improv stuff. On the Human Clay tour they'd either open with Ode or Are You Ready, which although different as an opener is really good too.

Personally, I think Who's Got My Back would be a brilliant opener.

faceless kiwi 10-29-2002 08:59 PM

I dont know whether who's got my back would work as an opener. I think the band might get a real serving if they opened with that. However it's a brilliant live song. But not an opener.
Bullets is perfect. They come on with a real blast with bullets, i cant see them ever opening with anything else.

faceless kiwi 10-29-2002 09:04 PM

Hey said eyes, just wondering when is one last riff gonna be up and running.

Said Eyes 10-30-2002 02:23 AM

Yeah, I know Bullets is great, it really kicks of the show with a bang. However, as soon as I heard Weathered for the first time, I though WGMB could be really special if they were ever gonna go more art rock, doing 15 minute extended stuff and so forth. Just think, its all dark, and the indian chant plays. Slowly and softly at first, but getting louder, then tremonti/hestla do their thing. And eventually Stapp and Phillips get going. It could be something. But I do agree, Bullets is a fantastic opener.

As for One Last Riff, I'm currently trying to write a decent bio at the moment. Slowly its all coming together. It should be pretty alright once it's all up and running.

hide_tremonti 10-30-2002 07:10 AM

hey said eyes. are you ben, andrew or chris? sorry if your none of them...
i was very impressed with the hidden stuffs on your creed prison site.
:)
cheers

allison 10-30-2002 02:01 PM

I just don't think any song could beat Bullets as an opener.:jam:

faceless kiwi 10-30-2002 06:34 PM

Totally agreed. I think it is the perfect opener.
But i also agree with said eyes, i can see how whos got my back would be a great opener.
But i still think ya need something hard to start off the show.
I finally downloaded vh1 opening night live off of kazaa.
And man bullets just rocks, brings back memories from the concert.
Its awesome.

hide_tremonti 11-02-2002 02:07 AM

i think are you ready is good....that little quiet intro...and pufff the pyro kicking in with the D#5 (?) chord .... wow
:)
cheers

Steve 11-02-2002 11:02 AM

They used to open with Torn as well...

JenRN 11-02-2002 12:11 PM

Yeah Torn would be a great openenr. Bullets is awesome though, the music before they come out and that talking Scott does gave me serious chills and excitement down my spine because I knew what was about to occur!!!!!:jam:

allison 11-03-2002 03:04 PM

I agree, Jen. Whenever I hear the opening of Bullets now on CD, it brings me right back to those feelings at the shows of them coming out in the dark, the music, Scott saying, "walking around I hear the sounds..." - the anticipation and utter excitement! God, I CRAVE it!!!!