CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Will our Alter Bridge be able to pull a Velvet Revolver? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7231)

revisfoot 08-12-2004 12:47 AM

Will our Alter Bridge be able to pull a Velvet Revolver?

Velvet Revolver's album was #1 in it's first week of release. Will our boys pull that off as well? I think it will happen, but, if not, they'll definetly climb to that top spot. Their songs are so awesome, and the word of mouth will get around! I guess we'll just wait and see!

cariocawlad 08-12-2004 09:10 AM

I hope yes...and I must say that I don't really liked Velvet Revolver stuff. Alter Bridge (in my opinion) is years light better than Velvet.

kariyanine 08-12-2004 09:33 AM

I would like to think that Alter Bridge would be able to climb to number one in the first week but you have to remember tat Velvet Revolver had over a year to get people hyped about their music, Alter Bridge had what a couple of months??

I can say this though after having listened to both albums, Tremonti kicked Slash's ass.

aussiecreeder 08-12-2004 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kariyanine
I would like to think that Alter Bridge would be able to climb to number one in the first week but you have to remember tat Velvet Revolver had over a year to get people hyped about their music, Alter Bridge had what a couple of months??

I can say this though after having listened to both albums, Tremonti kicked Slash's ass.

tremonti kicked slash's arse? wow there is a big statement.....tremonti is great but i still think slash is better. VR had alot more hype so ODR will take more time as they don't have the supergroup tag like VR and Audioslave or APC.

Riffman544 08-12-2004 02:12 PM

I personally was disapointed it VR's album......Nice riffs and vocals.....But it was just boring to me. Scott Wieland freaks me out anyway lol kidding. I am sure Alter Bridge will peak!

Torn Signs 08-12-2004 03:37 PM

If not first right away, hopefully they'll at least slip up there. It'll be curious to see what position Wal-Mart will have the CD at.

Trees of Wisdom 08-12-2004 03:55 PM

I already have gotten four friends of mine to like Alter Bridge. And I'm trying to get two more to like them. Just wanted you guys to know. :D

Alter Bridge will not sell a ridiculous amount of records in their first week, but I guarantee once they release "Down to My Last" you will see a large increase in sales.

I'mRational 08-12-2004 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
tremonti kicked slash's arse? wow there is a big statement.....tremonti is great but i still think slash is better. VR had alot more hype so ODR will take more time as they don't have the supergroup tag like VR and Audioslave or APC.

Tremonti is a better skilled guitarist. I could give my reasons if you wish. You'll need to know some guitar-talk though.

revisfoot 08-12-2004 05:38 PM

Hey, I know what you mean! Tremonti knows what he's doing. Slash simply 'screws around" unitl he finds what he likes.

aussiecreeder 08-12-2004 09:30 PM

slash is extremely highly regarded amongst muscians and currently his reputation precedes him and at a greater level than tremonti at this point. both fantastic guitarists.......

DangerousDan85 08-13-2004 12:19 AM

I don't know, it'll be real hard to knock Ashlee Simpson off the top spot. If MTV had given them their own show a few months prior to the release date and showed episodes of it 20x a day, they'd have a chance. ;)

aussiecreeder 08-13-2004 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DangerousDan85
I don't know, it'll be real hard to knock Ashlee Simpson off the top spot. If MTV had given them their own show a few months prior to the release date and showed episodes of it 20x a day, they'd have a chance. ;)

lol riding on the coatails of the fame of your sister...... :rolleyes:

ibleedpurple 08-16-2004 11:49 PM

Sounds like they're projected to sell around 120,000, which would put them 5th... but this is just a projection from about 50% of the sales so who knows if they might slip up or down a notch. Still DAMN good for not having much hype at all outside of the internet.

hayley 08-17-2004 04:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
Velvet Revolver's album was #1 in it's first week of release. Will our boys pull that off as well? I think it will happen, but, if not, they'll definetly climb to that top spot. Their songs are so awesome, and the word of mouth will get around! I guess we'll just wait and see!

Oooh that's a tough one! To put them next to such a big band like Velvet. But, I am hoping that they will do that, it would be awesome and would get them off to a brilliant start.

But I think the reason why Contraband went straight to #1 so fast and they are so popular now, is because some of them are from the Gunners. And as we all know, they were a MASSIVE band, so the old Guns n' Roses fans would have been wanting more music, waiting for a new band to come out, like we have done with Alter Bridge. But because GNR were so huge, I think that's why they have half the success. I'm not saying that Velvet aren't good, they are, but because of the GNR fame, that's why Velvet are just as good. :)

kariyanine 08-18-2004 11:38 AM

They pulled in 95,000 and placed 5th for the week according to Billboard.com. That's not bad at all.