CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8) (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=12515)

nflea7 08-09-2009 01:05 PM

Re: Live Videos From Buffalo, NY (8/8)

My compairson of Stapp to Myles isn't about ability or preference, let me be very clear its all about dicipline. Myles is a far more diciplined vocalist that Stapp is. That is total BS about saving your voice for a tour. If you are a real professional vocalsit making the kind of money Stapp does with the exception of having a cold, or you are just abusing your voice, there should be no reason you can't perform your own songs every night. You can't compair creed from the Human Clay tour to 2009. Stapp is 9 years older and his voice has changed. The male voice does not have the same natural range in your 30's as it had when you are in your 20's You need training proper living and lots of hard work every day to keep it in shape. If Scott started now with a proper vocal coach and worked hard every day he could be back in form in 2 weeks and be fine for the rest of the tour. Lets hope that happens, he is screwing a lot of fans right now. For the fans that think Scott sounds better than ever, take your blinders off, or listen to the live videos they don't lie. He can't hit the notes on most of the songs when they get above sounds like F above middle C. And not being able to hear out doors, thats what they pay millions in sound gear for, and he has in ears. IN EARS!!!! how can you say he can't hear? I think its you who can't hear the video evidence. Look all I'm saying is I hope he takes his role as the vocalist for Creed a little more seriously and get his voice in shape so he can put on a show worth the price of a 100 dollar ticket.

alitea 08-09-2009 01:17 PM

Thanks for the videos! Yeah it is obvious that Scott's voice is not at 100%. So what they still sound great. Some people seem so critical of Stapp, it is really sad. He is human let him be and support the guys.

I absolutely loved seeing them perform live on VH-1 friday night. They looked comfortable. They sounded great. The stage was amazing and I love the fire! It was hot.

What kind of fan is ready to bash a singer and jump ship just because they were not pleased with a live performance? At least he is trying and he is actually singing live. Most artist sound totally different live. It is all apart of the experience. If you want perfect vocals than listen to the album and skip the show.

I love Crred and Alter Bridge and I appreciate being able to see Creed live again period.

Tremontiriffs77 08-09-2009 01:19 PM

[quote=nflea7]My compairson of Stapp to Myles isn't about ability or preference, let me be very clear its all about dicipline. Myles is a far more diciplined vocalist that Stapp is. That is total BS about saving your voice for a tour. If you are a real professional vocalsit making the kind of money Stapp does with the exception of having a cold, or you are just abusing your voice, there should be no reason you can't perform your own songs every night. You can't compair creed from the Human Clay tour to 2009. Stapp is 9 years older and his voice has changed. The male voice does not have the same natural range in your 30's as it had when you are in your 20's You need training proper living and lots of hard work every day to keep it in shape. If Scott started now with a proper vocal coach and worked hard every day he could be back in form in 2 weeks and be fine for the rest of the tour. Lets hope that happens, he is screwing a lot of fans right now. For the fans that think Scott sounds better than ever, take your blinders off, or listen to the live videos they don't lie. He can't hit the notes on most of the songs when they get above sounds like F above middle C. And not being able to hear out doors, thats what they pay millions in sound gear for, and he has in ears. IN EARS!!!! how can you say he can't hear? I think its you who can't hear the video evidence. Look all I'm saying is I hope he takes his role as the vocalist for Creed a little more seriously and get his voice in shape so he can put on a show worth the price of a 100 dollar ticket...

-I think that none of us really know what he does and doesnt do to keep his voice in shape...Alot of people also forget that he damaged his voice during the Weathered tour and had to take steroids just to be able to continue on..I say the fact that they are out there giving it their all for the fans and putting on a heck of a show is more than worth the lousy 100 for a ticket...People pay twice that to see most the crap bands of today...

timusca 08-09-2009 01:47 PM

If you people would remember... Stapp sucked horribly the first few shows on the Weathered tour. He forced it too much because the first show was on VH1 and had nothing left.

...but he got better.

Just give him some time. Yes, he's been touring as a solo artist since Creed's demise, but he hasn't HAD to sound good. He had nobody pushing him to sound better. Things are different now.

Frankie 08-09-2009 02:15 PM

These Buffalo videos are much better quality than any of the ones from Pittsburgh, even including the VH1 show which were sadly, done poorly.

As someone who was actually at both shows, I can tell you Scott is in great shape both physically, mentally and vocally...and he was on FIRE in Buffalo! And this crap about the booze needs to stop...because he's stopped. Do you think the rest of the guys would have reunited with him otherwise? And I can tell you...the energy in Buffalo was so thick you could have cut it with a knife...and not one fan at either show walked out of there feeling gyped.

Why don't you all reserve your judgement until you actually go to a show and experience the energy and the passion for yourself.

Hater's are so obsessed it drives me nutz. And quite honestly some of you give all alter bridge fans a bad name, when I know that most of them can enjoy both, uniquely different vocalists and styles. Give it a rest...let Creed be Creed and Alter Bridge will come back to you before you know it.

Icedmofo 08-09-2009 02:31 PM

We aren't hating, we're just calling it like we see it.

What some of you seem to forget is that we are as much entitled to our opinion that his voice is gone as you are to saying that it isn't.

What i find ironic is that the people who are saying his voice is/may be gone are doing so in a fairly logical manner, while the people arguing his voice is fine are doing so by basically calling the rest of us idiots.

Stapp has been a professional performer for a long time, and being a vocalist myself, if you are going to preserve your voice, that doesn't mean you sing a song like what if a whole tone flat the entire way through the song.

Stapp blew out his voice, plain and simple. His voice has lost the upper 1/4 of his range, he can't sing as high as he used to and he doesn't ahve the vocal endurance to hold notes out for as long as he used to.

I love the man and the band to death, i respect the fact that he is finding ways around what he's lost, but those of you who are thinking it's going to magically go back to what it was will be sorely disappointed.

They would be wise to lower the tuning on their entire set so that he can hit the notes in that register.

Also, as you get older, your high range becomes more difficult to access, especially when stapp has always been a baritone to begin with. Add on top of that poor singing technique and alcohol/drugs and nodes and singing on top of nodes and you have what you hear now.

The AOL recordings are heavily edited. You can hear the pitch correction in the tone of his voice while he's singing.

Dark_Knight 08-09-2009 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icedmofo
They would be wise to lower the tuning on their entire set so that he can hit the notes in that register.

The whole set is tuned down a half a step, except for "Overcome"

XALTERBRIDGEX 08-09-2009 02:46 PM

^ I couldnt agree more. Stapp vocals are what they are and its not going to change as the tour rolls on. People on here that are bashing and saying they shouldn't have bought a ticket are crazy. I bet both concerts so far were eletric thats why I can't wait. We all just see how times of changed for Stapp and have to live with it as Creed fans.

BSC 08-09-2009 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX
^ I couldnt agree more. Stapp vocals are what they are and its not going to change as the tour rolls on. People on here that are bashing and saying they shouldn't have bought a ticket are crazy. I bet both concerts so far were eletric thats why I can't wait. We all just see how times of changed for Stapp and have to live with it as Creed fans.

Without flaming intentions, you never know.

To all those people who are considering selling their tickets....

At the moment you are watching live videos, if you weren't there you aren't going to have the same opinion as the people who were there. I think if you're having doubts, just sell your tickets, if you don't have faith in Stapp to deliver just sell your tickets. When you are at the concert, you won't care. You will be blown away by EVERYTHING, the atmosphere will be great.

nthor 08-09-2009 03:02 PM

I don't think anyone is bashing or hating on Stapp, people are basically saying he is not a young pup anymore. Peoples bodies change with age. During Creed in their heyday Creed was always on the road which I'm sure strained Stapp voice and with his rough lifestyle towards the end of Creed and first few years after the breakup had to have done some damage. With not being able to hit the high notes, Stapp just naturally has a deep voice and compile age and some abuse to his voice he just may not be ability to. I'm sure Stapp has been preparing very diligently for this new album and tour to be in top-notch shape. I think what we are hearing is what we got. I don't think we will hear those high notes we once did in the past. O well lets make the best of it Creeds back.

ABYanks 08-09-2009 03:41 PM

only thing i want to know....how big was the crowd this time around? anyone know? just for curiosity

nagpo 08-09-2009 08:20 PM

I wish all the people bitching about stapps vocals would just shut up. God, i bet none of you can sing as well as him.

nagpo 08-09-2009 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by XALTERBRIDGEX

Notice how most of the people bashing him are new users...

eusebioCBR 08-09-2009 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
I wish all the people bitching about stapps vocals would just shut up. God, i bet none of you can sing as well as him.

Yes! you should contact Steve and demand he officially ban any and all criticism of Scott Stapp.:nut:

Agent D 08-09-2009 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nagpo
Notice how most of the people bashing him are new users...

Yes, I was just about to point that out. Critiquing of Stapp's vocals is fine from members with a rep and we know they've been around here for awhile. It's just annoying to see new members come here and claim they've been huge Creed fans for years but are unhappy with his voice now. It just reeks of trolling.