CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Scott Stapp and the Tea Party (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11693)

revisfoot 07-13-2007 07:40 PM

Scott Stapp and the Tea Party

Now that we have clear 20/20 hindsight, who thinks this pair-up would have proven benficial to Scott? And for the Tea Party? Do yuo think they would have become successful or tossed to the side?

inside_us_all04 07-21-2007 05:16 AM

Re: Scott Stapp and the Tea Party

hmmm i think he should still hook up with them n call it Scotts Tea Party...

RMadd 07-26-2007 02:01 AM

I enjoy The Tea Party's music. It's semi-experimental (not like bands such as Sigur Rós or The Mars Volta, who are pretty different from each other anyhow), but also rock. I think those Canadians were wise not to stick with Scott, what with his self-destructive behavior and all. Goneblind is quite a bit more similar to Creed, and that seems to be the direction with which Stapp is most comfortable.

titan9 07-27-2007 01:40 PM

Honestly, I still don't see a Tea Party/Stapp collaboration working well at all. Stapp needs to beat his personal demons before collaborating with anyone.

Bridge of Clay 07-27-2007 01:56 PM

I heard he's not even working with Goneblind anymore... although it seems it was in ammicable terms.

revisfoot 07-27-2007 02:00 PM

Really? Where did you hear this? I guess Goneblind are going in their own direction now?

titan9 07-29-2007 09:25 PM

Can't say I blame them for not working with him anymore. I think he needs to take some time and reevaluate not just his life, but also his musical direction and then decide where to go from here.

The Lithium 07-30-2007 03:44 AM

I don't see why The Tea Party should ever join forces with Stapp. They're way better than him in every way! Way more famous as well! (If you compare them to Scott Stapp the solo artist. Not Scott Stapp the Creed front man).

Frankie 07-30-2007 07:24 AM

Just dropping in to let you guys know that The Tea Party doesn't even exist anymore...they broke up almost 2 years ago.

An article from a post on their message board...

Wed Oct 19, 2005 3:33 pm Post subject: End of the Road for the Tea Party - Windsor Star Article

End of the Road for the Tea Party

After 15 years together, rock band the Tea Party is splitting up.

The trio will be "parting ways for the foreseeable future," frontman Jeff Martin said in a statement.

Formed in Windsor in 1990, Martin, bassist Stuart Chatwood and drummer Jeff Burrows are best known for their eastern-influenced rock songs, which include Sister Awake and Heaven Coming Down. The Juno-nominated band released nine albums, most recently Seven Circles in August 2004.

"I am deeply appreciative of all the support Tea Party fans have shown both the band and me over the years," said Martin, who recently moved to the Irish countryside with his family where he's working on a solo career.

"While I'm not ruling out a return of The Tea Party at some time in the future, I am focused for now on my acoustic solo record."

© The Windsor Star 2005

Dogstar 07-30-2007 12:31 PM

I was so bummed when they broke up. I really wanted to see them live and never got the chance.

creedmarine81 08-07-2007 05:19 PM

you guys have to see these guys live with stapp.. they sound like they don't miss a beat and stapp rocks the house with whoever is playing with him. Scott has given them a chance and at the same time their musicianmanship shows how awesome of a combination they are together. I seen them in lemoore with scott and i was blown away!

J.T. 08-07-2007 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
I don't see why The Tea Party should ever join forces with Stapp. They're way better than him in every way! Way more famous as well! (If you compare them to Scott Stapp the solo artist. Not Scott Stapp the Creed front man).

All I can say about that comment is- L.O.L!!!