CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   What's in your CD player right now? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=82)

Dogstar 12-30-2004 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muad'Dib
The Downward Spiral is probably my favourite album ever, its amazing. All the songs on there have so much meaning behind them. Heresy or I Do Not Want This are my favourites on it, but its so hard to choose. Im looking forward to the new album alot, normally its about 5 years between albums for NIN so it should be out sometime in 2005.

Love Sin and Terrible Lie from that album, the live versions though are alot better.

Ahhh I could talk about NIN all day. Easily my favourite band ever.

:thumbsup: I'm just getting into them. I've had the Downward Spiral for a while, but didn't really get into all that much. I got Pretty Hate Machine the other day, and I like it a lot better. Terrible Lie is awesome and I really like Something I Can Never Have and Sanctified, so far. The whole album is pretty solid. I haven't wanted to skip any songs :D.

aussiecreeder 12-30-2004 06:21 PM

so pretty hate machine is better? i've got the fragile and the downward spiral which are normally considered their better albums. i'll have to get at least one of the remix albums that he/they've put out.

Dogstar 12-30-2004 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aussiecreeder
so pretty hate machine is better? i've got the fragile and the downward spiral which are normally considered their better albums. i'll have to get at least one of the remix albums that he/they've put out.

Well, I'm bonding better with Pretty Hate Machine. When I got The Downward Spiral, I don't know, it just didn't grab me the way this one has. I don't have The Fragile, but I may get that one soon.

aussiecreeder 12-30-2004 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Well, I'm bonding better with Pretty Hate Machine. When I got The Downward Spiral, I don't know, it just didn't grab me the way this one has. I don't have The Fragile, but I may get that one soon.

the fragile is preddy good and i'ld say a little better than the downward spiral. i was a little let down with the downward spiral considering its thought of as one of the great albums of the 90's along with grace, ok computer and the like. its a good album and all and certainly very aggressive but i guess i expected a bit more.

Higher_Desire 12-30-2004 08:10 PM

Submersed -- In Due Time

H-D :pimp:

Dogstar 12-30-2004 10:09 PM

Quote:

the fragile is preddy good and i'ld say a little better than the downward spiral. i was a little let down with the downward spiral considering its thought of as one of the great albums of the 90's along with grace, ok computer and the like. its a good album and all and certainly very aggressive but i guess i expected a bit more.

Same here, with DS...Well, I'll put The Fragile on my soon-to-buy list :D.

Now spinning: Aenima -- Tool

aussiecreeder 12-30-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Same here, with DS...Well, I'll put The Fragile on my soon-to-buy list :D.

Now spinning: Aenima -- Tool

another artist who needs to get an album out! :) i'm enjoying lateralus more these days, probably my fav tool album at the moment. strange how that happens....being listening to a bit of aic of late great stuff!

Muad'Dib 12-30-2004 10:16 PM

Quote:

Yeah its the exact opposite with me. When I first The Downward Spiral it just blew me away, Trent may not have the best voice in the music industry but he puts so much emotion into his singing. Many people dont give NIN that second chance. I know alot of people that at first disliked NIN, but it grows on you. As for The Fragile, this quote sums it all up for me. "Five long years since NIN fans watched The Fragile mark a creative milestone of excellence that most artists only dream of reaching. "

If you want to read some interesting views on NIN and their albums, ill chuck in a few links for you.

http://www.sickamongthepure.com/file...dFeelings.html
http://www.sickamongthepure.com/file...or/Reznor.html
http://www.sickamongthepure.com/file...2/TDS/TDS.html

Although most are from the same person, they all provide good insight into Reznor himself and his music. Enjoy :)

Muad'Dib 12-30-2004 10:17 PM

Quote:

another artist who needs to get an album out! :) i'm enjoying lateralus more these days, probably my fav tool album at the moment. strange how that happens....being listening to a bit of aic of late great stuff!

Undertow for me, cant wait for their new album.

Dogstar 12-31-2004 02:48 AM

Thanks, Muad'Dib! I will check those out. And Undertow kicks ass, but man, it's so hard for me to pick a favorite Tool album.
Hide, I hear ya about Lateralus. I was listening to that on the way home from work tonight. Man, that album is awesome. And right on about listening to AIC, hide!! Woooo-hooooooooooo!

Right now, I have Pretty Hate Machine on again, hehehe. Muad'Dib, you're right about Trent's voice. It may not be techically amazing, but man, does it grab you! I'm glad I gave them that second chance!

Muad'Dib 12-31-2004 02:55 AM

I think the best part of NIN is that the music is always evolving and changing. Every album is different from the one before. I cant wait to see the direction Trent takes with the new album.

Oh and by the way, pick up the And All That Could Have Been CD/DVD. Its live footage from the Fragility tour in 2000. Terrible Lie and Sin sound great live, basically remixes them.

aussiecreeder 12-31-2004 02:56 AM

i wish that tapeworm project got off the ground and we got more than "passive" or "vacant" if you prefer. hearing trent's music with maynard singing would have being sweet as. stupid record companies..... :mad:

Muad'Dib 12-31-2004 02:59 AM

Quote:

i wish that tapeworm project got off the ground and we got more than "passive" or "vacant" if you prefer. hearing trent's music with maynard singing would have being sweet as. stupid record companies..... :mad:

I dont know if it will happen or not, Trents said in past he still wishes to work with Maynard on a separate project. But I'd say we will be waiting a long time with both bands releasing new albums (hopefully) in 2005, then with touring. Id like to see Trent work in a different environment then NIN.

aussiecreeder 12-31-2004 03:01 AM

Quote:

I dont know if it will happen or not, Trents said in past he still wishes to work with Maynard on a separate project. But I'd say we will be waiting a long time with both bands releasing new albums (hopefully) in 2005, then with touring. Id like to see Trent work in a different environment then NIN.

i'm fairly certain tapeworm is canned but if they work together in the future it would be fantastic. there is a nin connection already with a perfect circle considering danny lohner is currently a member. finck goes from NIN to axl's roses....talk about taking ages to get something out lol.

Dogstar 12-31-2004 03:08 AM

Quote:

Oh and by the way, pick up the And All That Could Have Been CD/DVD. Its live footage from the Fragility tour in 2000. Terrible Lie and Sin sound great live, basically remixes them.

I'm nuts for Terrible Lie right now...I keep hitting repeat on that one! I will have to find that DVD. Sounds cool.

Is Danny L. still a member? I know he helped with aMOTION and what-not but I wasn't sure he was still an official member. Anyway, he's a pretty talented guy.

I have a bootleg with Vacant on it. I like it better than Passive :D, but Passive is still decent.

Muad'Dib 12-31-2004 03:13 AM

Quote:

I'm nuts for Terrible Lie right now...I keep hitting repeat on that one! I will have to find that DVD. Sounds cool.

Is Danny L. still a member? I know he helped with aMOTION and what-not but I wasn't sure he was still an official member. Anyway, he's a pretty talented guy.

I have a bootleg with Vacant on it. I like it better than Passive :D, but Passive is still decent.

I dont think so. The live band hasnt been announced yet. Would be shame if Danny wasnt involved in some form, loved him live. Has great fun up on the stage. When you look back Trent has been the one and only official member, the line up has changed alot since the start.

And yeah Terrible Lie rocks. Love Head Like A Hole too.

Dogstar 12-31-2004 02:54 PM

Hehe, yeah, I love Head Like a Hole, too. That's the one I remember from the radio. I don't know why I didn't get this album when it came out because I love that song. Silly me...Haha, Danny does seem like a funny guy. I have an APC bootleg from the last show of the TS tour and he comes up to play on a song and has some rather funny, raunchy things to say. I cracked up the first time I heard it. :D

HigherGirl 12-31-2004 04:39 PM

Creed greatest hits (of coarse!!!!!!!)
Got it for Christmas ;)

scrit 12-31-2004 06:23 PM

Mayfield Four-Second Skin
I got that for christmas. Its the best cd ive got since i bought the alter bridge cd the day it came out.

Dogstar 12-31-2004 06:24 PM

:thumbsup:

Tool -- Lateralus

aussiecreeder 12-31-2004 06:33 PM

Quote:

Danny is a member according to the the band members listed on Amotion and Emotive but they change so often that he could very well be out by next album.
I wouldn't be surprised if he's just on there because of his involvement on those two releases but I think he brings good ideas to the table so long as Billy is still the main man.

Dogstar 12-31-2004 07:04 PM

Agreed.

Higher_Desire 12-31-2004 07:54 PM

Creed -- Greatest Hits
Alter Bridge -- One Day Remains
Linkin Park & Jay Z -- Collision Course
Mudvayne -- LD 50
3 Doors Down -- Away from the Sun

JulieCitySlicker 12-31-2004 08:45 PM

Switchfoot The Beautiful Letdown,12 Stones Potters Field

Dogstar 12-31-2004 09:37 PM

Pretty Hate Machine -- Nine Inch Nails

Muad'Dib 12-31-2004 09:59 PM

Broken - Nine Inch Nails

Dogstar 01-01-2005 11:37 PM

Floater -- Glyph

aussiecreeder 01-01-2005 11:43 PM

Velvet Revolver-Contraband
Alter Bridge-One Day Remains
The Mayfield Four-Fallout

Dogstar 01-01-2005 11:44 PM

Nice lineup, hide! :thumbsup:

aussiecreeder 01-02-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Nice lineup, hide! :thumbsup:

thanks! :) You'll be pleased to know that "down in a hole" by the great AIC has grabbed me the horns in recent days. In the past couple of days sometimes I just grab "Dirt" to play that. "I will speak no more of my feelings beneath".

Higher_Desire 01-02-2005 12:50 AM

Trans-Siberian Orchestra -- Beethoven's Last Night

Dogstar 01-02-2005 01:51 AM

Quote:

thanks! :) You'll be pleased to know that "down in a hole" by the great AIC has grabbed me the horns in recent days. In the past couple of days sometimes I just grab "Dirt" to play that. "I will speak no more of my feelings beneath".

RIGHT ON! :jam: That is one of my fave AIC tunes. Looooove the harmonies in that one. I always sing Layne's parts :D

aussiecreeder 01-02-2005 03:22 AM

Quote:

RIGHT ON! :jam: That is one of my fave AIC tunes. Looooove the harmonies in that one. I always sing Layne's parts :D

as do i and "man in the box" is also kicking my arse a little bit. the wailing layne does there is just awesome.

Dogstar 01-02-2005 02:08 PM

Heh, yeah, that man had some serious lung capacity!

I'm watching football. Eagles vs. Bengals. All the subs are in today since the Birds already clinched the division, playoff berth and home-field advantage.

JulieCitySlicker 01-02-2005 09:20 PM

12 Stones~Potters Field

Higher_Desire 01-02-2005 10:54 PM

Nirvana - In Utero

Dearon_Thereon 01-03-2005 06:42 PM

Nothing

The Lithium 01-03-2005 07:27 PM

Seven Wiser - Life

Dearon_Thereon 01-05-2005 06:20 PM

DVD Drive: Medal of Honor: Pacific Assault
CD Drive: Warcraft III: Frozen Throne