CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   the Nickelback experiment (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6540)

aussiecreeder 05-09-2004 02:29 AM

the Nickelback experiment

okay Back fans you may not want to stay in this thread or listen to this!

someone has mixed an old Nickelback hit with a newer Nickelback hit...the mixing is rudimentary as one song plays in the left speaker and the other plays in the right speaker...another guy came along and added some commentary on the matter (http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/archives/000475.php)... give it a listen...it's interesting none-the-less...

http://www.nintendorks.com/brandon/...elbacksucks.mp3

:D

RMadd 05-09-2004 05:11 AM

that's freakin awesome!!! i'm not a huge nickelback fan, and this is so great. when it said one tracks was in Left speaker and the other in the Right, i was expecting it to suck, but it's definitely worth saving!

aussiecreeder 05-09-2004 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BearFan
that's freakin awesome!!! i'm not a huge nickelback fan, and this is so great. when it said one tracks was in Left speaker and the other in the Right, i was expecting it to suck, but it's definitely worth saving!

LOL it is hilarious but isn't it kind of sad?

Rune 05-09-2004 10:25 AM

*sigh* i've heard this before, so i'll just tell everyone the obvious glaring truth if they'd listen more carefully.

If you play the link and then listen to the actual song someday, you'll notice that in the doctored link the song someday is sped up and edited to better be in sync with how you remind me.

the songs are not as similar as many nickelback bashers like to think, it was just edited to seem so

Disclaimer:

I am not an avid nickelback listener, i just like to make sure everyone has their facts straight before they make decisions.

aussiecreeder 05-09-2004 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune
*sigh* i've heard this before, so i'll just tell everyone the obvious glaring truth if they'd listen more carefully.

If you play the link and then listen to the actual song someday, you'll notice that in the doctored link the song someday is sped up and edited to better be in sync with how you remind me.

the songs are not as similar as many nickelback bashers like to think, it was just edited to seem so

Disclaimer:

I am not an avid nickelback listener, i just like to make sure everyone has their facts straight before they make decisions.

i don't consider myself a basher but when i heard "someday" for the first time i thought "how u remind me pt 2" straight away. just being honest.......

Trees of Wisdom 05-09-2004 12:32 PM

Meh, there are pleanty of generic bands. Hell, AC/DC was generic, but they still kicked ass and made the Hall of Fame.

The Lithium 05-09-2004 12:56 PM

The bands Brandon rate as "worst music ever" i rate as "best music ever", but the song sure is awesome!

creedsister 05-09-2004 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
i don't consider myself a basher but when i heard "someday" for the first time i thought "how u remind me pt 2" straight away. just being honest.......

yes that was my FEELINGS exacltey, the first time heared, it....Someday...presto we got a. how u remind me 2.....And that was it.... :D :D :D :D

RMadd 05-09-2004 06:03 PM

i liked someday better than how you remind me, which was far too overplayed (i guess it has something to do w/ the fact that i used to listen to the radio a lot more than i do now)

Said Eyes 05-10-2004 05:28 AM

I remember it being titled "How You Remind me of Someday". Its a more appropriate title methinks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rune

the songs are not as similar as many nickelback bashers like to think, it was just edited to seem so.

Of course theres some differences. But if you listen, the changes are eerily similar. TOO similar for my liking.

Fortunately Chad Kruger I've heard has said he knows Nickelback are formulaic, but it sells, so at least he isn't kidding himself about it. Which is fair enough, I wouldn't go calling them a great band is all. Nickelback are as generic and boring as they come.

RMadd 05-10-2004 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
Of course theres some differences. But if you listen, the changes are eerily similar. TOO similar for my liking.

yeah.... while the tempos are different, they've got the same # of measures in verse, pre-chorus, chorus, etc. that's bad stuff.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Said Eyes
Fortunately Chad Kruger I've heard has said he knows Nickelback are formulaic, but it sells, so at least he isn't kidding himself about it. Which is fair enough, I wouldn't go calling them a great band is all. Nickelback are as generic and boring as they come.

like you said, at least he's honest. certainly not great is any respect

mshoneybuns 05-11-2004 06:42 PM

chad said one has 2 hooks and one has 3 hooks in it.. one of them was sped up to match it..
alteast he admits it and isn't trying to fool anyone