CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ab news...message from myles (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10781)

Creed7352 03-31-2006 08:22 PM

ab news...message from myles

passed along by julia (plummer) on alterbridgeband.net

Quote:

If you could pass on to everyone in AB world that we are all well and working hard it would be appreciated. I know we have been quiet for a while and some might be getting impatient. But hopefully within a few weeks we will start to surface again. We can't really go into detail as to why we have disappeared but it will all make sense soon. I know that sounds like some cryptic B.S. but it's true.

bilal 03-31-2006 08:34 PM

Re: ab news...message from myles

oh julia!....oh julia!............thou shall not lie.....for this is sacred.....sacred......sacred........

Creed7352 03-31-2006 08:38 PM

huh? she's not lying, she's a very reputable source.

LeftOfTheMurder 03-31-2006 09:11 PM

i knew there had to be a reason why we havent heard from them in awhile. hmm i wonder what this means..."it will all make sense soon"....??

Creed7352 03-31-2006 09:24 PM

i think i know, but i'm not quite at liberty to say...so i won't say anything.

Bridge of Clay 03-31-2006 09:32 PM

Julia is Julia Plummer. Open your ODR booklet and you'll see her name on the thank list.

She's reliable.

nagpo 03-31-2006 10:59 PM

interesting.

eusebioCBR 03-31-2006 11:12 PM

Creed7352,thanks for sharing the info!:D

titan9 03-31-2006 11:33 PM

Sweet! I'm really looking forward to the new album--oughta be great.

nagpo 03-31-2006 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Sweet! I'm really looking forward to the new album--oughta be great.

it should be. i hope there is an instrumental song:D

ABYanks 04-01-2006 12:44 AM

it would have been better if he didnt say that, cuz now id really like to kno what theyre doing, and before i was kinda forgetting

Dogstar 04-01-2006 01:09 AM

Hmmm, it does sound cryptic. Thanks for the info, though!

Anna1011 04-01-2006 02:57 AM

thanx for the info :)

Creed7352 04-01-2006 05:06 AM

no worries y'all...glad to report.

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 06:14 AM

Man, my first thought was "the new album will soon come, a singel or something" but then I thought "It'll all make sense soon" WHAT! What does he mean, I hope it's a new album... But it could be something else too...

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 07:00 AM

HEY! Check this out... www.alterbridge.net ;) IT'S THE SMELL OF A NEW LABLE!

bilal 04-01-2006 08:32 AM

May be they are busy in making a NEW video...............

GregS 04-01-2006 08:35 AM

Well we'll just have to wait & see..

Tremontixriffs 04-01-2006 10:15 AM

Maybe it means their breaking up! Or as it was suggested leaving Wind up records. I dont know about them leaving the label as Wind up has been more than generous with the promotion of a sub par album. Creed was where the success for tremonti and co lied, it appears the fall continues....maybe well get a better efort from myles on this cd and he could do away with the gay ooohs and aaahs he is so famous for, get away from that stupid 80's /70's sound and go back to their creed roots of modern rock! Or fire Myles and bring in former Fuel singer Bret Scallion for a way better fit! Modern Rock and 70's/80's rock voice genre don't mix well as it was ever so apparent on One day remains..

Ana4Stapp 04-01-2006 10:38 AM

Hey ...I cant see the message, the link didnt work for me :(
Id like to know if someone could repost the message here...
thanks anyway...

GregS 04-01-2006 10:57 AM

Shit , ignore this

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremontixriffs
Maybe it means their breaking up! Or as it was suggested leaving Wind up records. I dont know about them leaving the label as Wind up has been more than generous with the promotion of a sub par album. Creed was where the success for tremonti and co lied, it appears the fall continues....maybe well get a better efort from myles on this cd and he could do away with the gay ooohs and aaahs he is so famous for, get away from that stupid 80's /70's sound and go back to their creed roots of modern rock! Or fire Myles and bring in former Fuel singer Bret Scallion for a way better fit! Modern Rock and 70's/80's rock voice genre don't mix well as it was ever so apparent on One day remains..

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!
NEVER EVER... Where did you get that idea from, they're happy together! I just lost the respect for you, I mean, Myles... Myles is the best singer out there at the moment. Have you heard any of the Mayfield Four albums, you can clearly hear how versitile he is, how he can alter his voice to fit anything. Mark loves the 70th, why would he wish to kick someone who can sing as the 70th singers? Someone who have the same passion for Led Zeppelin! Doesn't mix? There is no mix! It's a high pitched voice, that's it! Now Mark can solo as much as he wants, he can write music in any key and in any pitch... No change in the lineup you b****! (so much for beeing friendly) And what do you mean FAMOUSE FOR when talking about his Oooohs and Aaaaahs? He's famous for his great voice...

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
Hey ...I cant see the message, the link didnt work for me :(
Id like to know if someone could repost the message here...
thanks anyway...

http://www.alterbridge.net/

It's no messege, it only says "Alter Bridge" in big letters and have a field you can type what ever and a button connected to this field where it says "open sesame"... I wan't to break this code!

Ana4Stapp 04-01-2006 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoffeDH
http://www.alterbridge.net/

It's no messege, it only says "Alter Bridge" in big letters and have a field you can type what ever and a button connected to this field where it says "open sesame"... I wan't to break this code!

LOL! Okay...thanks anyway...:)

nagpo 04-01-2006 11:54 AM

Quote:

HEY! Check this out... www.alterbridge.net ;) IT'S THE SMELL OF A NEW LABLE!

whoa! thats crazy! yup, probably a new label. or just a new site design.

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 11:58 AM

It's been up for a year according to a guy on ABB.net... That sucks...

bilal 04-01-2006 12:55 PM

Quote:

:pukey: :pukey:

:shit: :shit:

hey bro...if u didnt like ODR.....thats just ur views man....i myself believe in the 70s and 80s and how they can mix well with modern sound........and LOVED ODR.........................thats the only thing i can survive on for hte rest of my life..........thats agian my view...and people can have different views.....so you better present ur comments as views .......rather than as verdicts............its soo full of shit man!!!!

:pukey: :pukey:

:shit: :shit:

shiver 04-01-2006 02:26 PM

First off the 60's and 70's brought about some of the greatest bands/music ever. EVAR. 80's weren't all that great, but...
It smells like a new album to me. I hope so, I've been waiting patiently. I think it will be so much better with all the guys being together and all of them being there to write the music this time.

uncertaindrumer 04-01-2006 03:25 PM

Quote:

WHAT! WHAT! WHAT!
NEVER EVER... Where did you get that idea from, they're happy together! I just lost the respect for you, I mean, Myles... Myles is the best singer out there at the moment. Have you heard any of the Mayfield Four albums, you can clearly hear how versitile he is, how he can alter his voice to fit anything. Mark loves the 70th, why would he wish to kick someone who can sing as the 70th singers? Someone who have the same passion for Led Zeppelin! Doesn't mix? There is no mix! It's a high pitched voice, that's it! Now Mark can solo as much as he wants, he can write music in any key and in any pitch... No change in the lineup you b****! (so much for beeing friendly) And what do you mean FAMOUSE FOR when talking about his Oooohs and Aaaaahs? He's famous for his great voice...

Dont bother arguing with him. He is dumb enough to think modern "rock" is somehow in the same ballpark as classic rock...

Drake 04-01-2006 06:40 PM

Hey Tremontixriffs Brett Scallions doesn't want to sing anymore. He is playing bass in a shitty band called The X's.

RoffeDH 04-01-2006 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by uncertaindrumer
Dont bother arguing with him. He is dumb enough to think modern "rock" is somehow in the same ballpark as classic rock...

Oh... That is just so wrong... I hope you're trying too fool me now!

Agent D 04-02-2006 02:39 PM

Well that alterbridge.net site's been up for a while now, hasn't it? I never knew what the deal was with it though.

RoffeDH 04-02-2006 02:43 PM

Nobody does!

IamFilthy 04-02-2006 03:15 PM

Quote:

Took the words right outta my mouth....his "oooohs" and "aaaahs" are big reason why I don't like his singing. I agree that he should get away from that 80's sound only because,...get this,....THE 80'S ARE OVER!! Now in NO way do I think "modern" rock is better than 70's....Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, and just about every rock band of that period could blow any modern band outta the water. But I do believe that period is obviously over, as is the 80's. Maybe Myles should stop trying to relive his "Rock Star" movie cameo.....

RoffeDH 04-02-2006 03:33 PM

Uhm... He's not, he's just a tenor... That's it... Stapp has his Oooohs but it's more of a "whoooohooo"... Stapp's a baritone, Myles a tenor... He's not trying to revive the 80s! Then he would have a poodle hair cut and have cheesie lyrics. The only thing good about the 80s was that they could sing... get this... HE KNOWS!

Don't know about the Roling Stones beeing better then todays bands... They're not that technicaly good...

Creed7352 04-02-2006 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IamFilthy
Took the words right outta my mouth....his "oooohs" and "aaaahs" are big reason why I don't like his singing. I agree that he should get away from that 80's sound only because,...get this,....THE 80'S ARE OVER!! Now in NO way do I think "modern" rock is better than 70's....Zeppelin, Stones, Hendrix, and just about every rock band of that period could blow any modern band outta the water. But I do believe that period is obviously over, as is the 80's. Maybe Myles should stop trying to relive his "Rock Star" movie cameo.....

funny thing is, mark wrote ODR...mark is huge into the 80's metal music...mark wrote the music on ODR...i think alter bridge is just fine the way they are, and so do their legion of fans across the U.S. and Europe. you don't like it, so listen to someone else. i don't like fall out boy or those types of bands, you don't see me over on their bb's trying to tell them how they suck and should change their style etc.

bilal 04-02-2006 06:53 PM

yeh...well said Creed7352...............i dont like madona.......but i dont bother to argue with her fans..............may be "filthy" is against Myles just because the poor guy relplaced STapp................who was a pain in the ass for rest of the creed members.........discussin wether 80s or 70s can be or cannot be revived or fused with modren rock is useless.......its like arguing not play guitar in a drop-D tunning or real guitar music is always in standard........its all bullshit

Bridge of Clay 04-02-2006 11:16 PM

anti-Ab camp says Myles sings too many "oooohh"s like if Stapp didn't sing too many "yeah"s... bleh, this is a ridiculous argument to prove a point.

IamFilthy 04-03-2006 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
anti-Ab camp says Myles sings too many "oooohh"s like if Stapp didn't sing too many "yeah"s... bleh, this is a ridiculous argument to prove a point.

ridiculous,yes,....I just happen to like Stapp's "yeeaahs" and dislike MK's "ooohs" and "aaahs".

Bridge of Clay 04-03-2006 04:37 PM

yeahs, ooohs and aaahs don't make A better or more likeable than B. You're just looking for any random excuse to justify your preference.