CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Scott Stapp Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   The great divide -Listen to it NOW!!!!!!! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=9602)

Ana4Stapp 09-07-2005 01:51 PM

The Great divide -Listen to it NOW!!!!!!!

Check Stapp first song (preview-just 1:08) -Great Divide NOW!!!!!!!! http://www.fmqb.com/Article.asp?id=16697

what do you think????

titan9 09-07-2005 02:56 PM

Is anyone else having trouble playing this? I hate the fact that it is in .rm format and that you have to use RealMedia player to play it. It keeps giving me a server error. I was going to stream it and use SoundCapture to record it into a .mp3 format file. But I can't even do that because the darn thing won't play.

Ana4Stapp 09-07-2005 03:01 PM

it sucks titan, sorry you cant listen to it- maybe it is avaiable in another program, you know?

ctfan 09-07-2005 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
Is anyone else having trouble playing this? I hate the fact that it is in .rm format and that you have to use RealMedia player to play it. It keeps giving me a server error. I was going to stream it and use SoundCapture to record it into a .mp3 format file. But I can't even do that because the darn thing won't play.

Hmm, I didn't have any trouble listening to it titan. It's not a long clip, but I really liked it. It's not popish to me at all, it's very different. Can't wait to hear the rest of the cd!! :).

creedsister 09-07-2005 03:03 PM

:mad1: i cant either so help me Lord i cant get realone to open i dont know if its the pc something i need to install :mad1: it just happend yesterday whe a friend sent me a video this really Sucks thanks anyways sweet pea !!! :hugs: :hugs:

titan9 09-07-2005 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ctfan
Hmm, I didn't have any trouble listening to it titan. It's not a long clip, but I really liked it. It's not popish to me at all, it's very different. Can't wait to hear the rest of the cd!! :).

*sigh* I'm beginning to believe that my PC and RealPlayer just don't get along very well. I think I'm going to uninstall RP, download the newest version, re-install it and see if that works. My copy of RP might just be corrupt. :(

creedsister 09-07-2005 03:27 PM

its a sight phewwwwwwww i got it to open ok but now i cant hear it on real one or any of my other downloads its not my speakers either i dont know :mad1:

Frankie 09-07-2005 03:28 PM

Just helping out guys...

Longer clip posted at scottstapp.com totally new update It Rocks!

We have a download link for the clip...and ALL the lyrics at passionbreedsfollower.com home page.

AMAZING....simply AMAZING !!! :D

ctfan 09-07-2005 03:29 PM

Quote:

*sigh* I'm beginning to believe that my PC and RealPlayer just don't get along very well. I think I'm going to uninstall RP, download the newest version, re-install it and see if that works. My copy of RP might just be corrupt. :(

Wait!! Wait!! Before you do that...go here.

www.scottstapp.com

They have a 2:15 clip up and you can also download it to Media too. Try that first and see if it works any better. I hope I caught you in time.

It's a great song!

titan9 09-07-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Wait!! Wait!! Before you do that...go here.

www.scottstapp.com

They have a 2:15 clip up and you can also download it to Media too. Try that first and see if it works any better. I hope I caught you in time.

It's a great song!

Thanks for posting that link! I honestly would have never thought of going to Stapp's official site, considering the severe lack of updates over the past year. :D

titan9 09-07-2005 03:33 PM

Wow, I'm really liking this new update on Stapp's site. It is about time that they gave him a decent looking site.

As far as the song is concerned, I'm liking it. Very catchy lyrics, and I hear some Creed in the music. But it is not as Creedish as everyone has said that it is. Overall, I like it a lot and I'd give it a B+ on an A-D grading scale. Hearing this single makes me want to hear the new CD all the more.

ctfan 09-07-2005 04:09 PM

Quote:

Thanks for posting that link! I honestly would have never thought of going to Stapp's official site, considering the severe lack of updates over the past year. :D

Your welcome :). LOL, I know. With WindUp it's like they wait until overnight, then bam! :D

The song is great! For me, it's the intro that makes it so different, but yea I agree it's Creedish but not overly so. Goneblind sounds wonderful, and the lyrics, as always....tell a story. Excited about hearing the rest of the cd!

TeriB19 09-07-2005 04:15 PM

Very very Creedish, it's not too bad. I can hear this being played on mainstream radio and I hear definite Tremonti-esque playing.

titan9 09-07-2005 04:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeriB19
Very very Creedish, it's not too bad. I can hear this being played on mainstream radio and I hear definite Tremonti-esque playing.

Lol, at least that dude finally got the Tremonti-esque guitar playing down.:D

Quote:

The song is great! For me, it's the intro that makes it so different, but yea I agree it's Creedish but not overly so. Goneblind sounds wonderful, and the lyrics, as always....tell a story. Excited about hearing the rest of the cd!

The intro actually reminded me of Creed, but not so much the rest of the song. GB sounds alright and hopefully they sound just as good on the rest of the songs. If they do, it definitely bodes well for Stapp.

Ana4Stapp 09-07-2005 04:35 PM

Oh My God! I cant believe Im going to say that: but I didnt like his song Great Divide(the lyrics are also poor...) :o ...eh...I was expecting more...
maybe the others songs are better ...but of course its great hearing his voice again