CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed's Musical Progression.... survey (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3861)

velocityidp 07-26-2003 01:30 AM

Creed's Musical Progression.... survey

d

JenRN 07-26-2003 03:53 PM

c

Higher_Desire 07-26-2003 09:18 PM

I think they stayed about the same, although they did add slower songs after MOP. I feel that the albums are quite consistent in sound, though.

H-D

velocityidp 07-26-2003 10:06 PM

Definately not the same... Weathered is so much more produced than MOP or HC. Lyrically it pales in comparision. Actually I found the lyrics in Weathered to be plain flat. Definately not Scott's best peice of work.

I hope they spend more time on the next album -- particularly in the bass/lyrics department.

benkenobi 07-26-2003 10:29 PM

I've thought the lyrics have been fine throughout. I mean I know they're different, but they're coming from what they are experiencing in the world today. Remember that Stapp isn't the only one in the band who writes lyrics. Tremonti wrote stuff for Weathered as well.

Hopefully the bass department will be filled with a new member on the next album so Tremonti can fully concentrate on guitar work.

facelessman 07-27-2003 02:34 AM

I thought that the lyrics for MOP and HC are way better than Weathered. but i like the combination of soft and hard in their albums.

Unforgiven Fan 07-28-2003 02:16 PM

lyrically and musical Creed was hitting on all cylinders on human clay. It was a geniune hard rock album and it was consistant throughout the album but yet ofter different sounds and speeds. Weathered was basically an album that they made to try to please everyone and if you look at limp biskit, that does not work. their overall progression has been to a more mainstream rock where pop people like it but it sort of abandons the old hard rock fans and they are more reliable.

JulieCitySlicker 07-28-2003 03:06 PM

I like the differences from hard to soft in their music as well;) It gives heart to their music and I love Weathered lyrically to:angel:

Marty 07-28-2003 08:04 PM

d
________
GONG BONG

Lechium 07-29-2003 12:23 AM

whoever had chosen "stayed the same" needs to get wax out of their ears.

RMadd 08-05-2003 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Lechium
<b>whoever had chosen "stayed the same" needs to get wax out of their ears. </b>

True dat

Dani 08-05-2003 01:52 AM

Although I don't like to to say it, I would probably say C. Though I like their mix of soft and hard rock I think Weathered didn't have the right balance just a tad too much soft.

souldancer 08-05-2003 02:21 AM

Evolution is about changing....and their music has evolved as the have grown. Can't call it progress or regress.. just what it is....DAMN GOOD!

PS.. if you haven't already guessed it...I hate surveys and labels!

Julbright 08-06-2003 12:22 PM

I like all of it - it definitely has changed but I find merit in all of it. Scott once said in an interview that they were proud of the changes in Weathered - that it would sound to listeners like several different bands did the tracks instead of just one band - and he was proud of it.

velocityidp 08-06-2003 01:48 PM

Weathered is OK... a bit too poppy/produced for my taste though. As long as this trend doesn't continue, though, I'll be happier. If it does continue, I think I'll just call myself an "Old School Creed Fan," if ya no vaht I meen.