CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Status on album II? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=11512)

The Lithium 01-15-2007 06:11 PM

Status on album II?

Are they even in the studio yet? They have been writing for forever! I mean; come on, I'm dying here!

Dogstar 01-15-2007 11:00 PM

Re: Status on album II?

I've been wondering the same thing. I was poking around on the AB board, but I didn't see anything that looked as if an album was imminent.

J-Man 01-16-2007 10:30 AM

Michael Tremonti and his fiance, Gloria have been dropping hints of the new songs on abb.net. Michael mentioned that he'll post pictures from NAMM this week.

TheGreatDivide 01-31-2007 01:04 PM

Over at Wikipedia.com (( I know not the best source )) but theres this section about the upcoming album: Come To Life ,The Ties That Bind,Buried Alive, Brand New Start , The Epic are the only know working titles. Can this be verified??

Torn Daredevil 02-03-2007 09:45 PM

They are currently finalizing a deal with a major label and hope to get into the studio this month. All of the material is written. There have been several major hold-ups on the business side of things, but they hope to have them resolved very soon. Mark most recently said the album would be out "by September."

eusebioCBR 02-04-2007 12:03 AM

^Thanks!:D

RMadd 02-12-2007 04:24 PM

I noticed @ Wikipedia that the album, right now, is slated for Sept 2007. that's 3+ years! seems to me that's not a good recipe for success & attracting a following.

Dogstar 02-12-2007 04:35 PM

They are hitting the studio for pre-production on the 16th, which is Friday. Yeah!

Steve 02-12-2007 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
I noticed @ Wikipedia that the album, right now, is slated for Sept 2007. that's 3+ years! seems to me that's not a good recipe for success & attracting a following.

I don't think they are doing Alter Bridge for the sole purpose of success. They are in it for the love of music.

Aside from that, they made the first album and toured for an entire year, then took a year off while they sorted out the business aspects of the label. I think that once they're on a label that cares about them they'll be doing a lot more in terms of music and releases.

Dogstar 02-12-2007 04:56 PM

I can't wait for the tour :D.

RMadd 02-26-2007 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I don't think they are doing Alter Bridge for the sole purpose of success. They are in it for the love of music.

Aside from that, they made the first album and toured for an entire year, then took a year off while they sorted out the business aspects of the label. I think that once they're on a label that cares about them they'll be doing a lot more in terms of music and releases.

there's plenty of bands out there that aren't in it for money, but who put out good albums in shorter time spans. take P.O.D. for example. not that i know them personally, but they don't strike me as money-hungry folk. Testify came out a little over a year ago (Jan 24 06). in the interim, they've toured for at least a few months, left Atlantic in August, recorded a couple of new tracks for their Greatest Hits set for Rhino, reconciled with their former guitarist who was booted out in '03, found a new label, and have plans to release a new album in about 6 months. All that in 20 months or so. strangely enough, they seem to have become my new favorite band, perhaps because i always like hearing new things from great artists.

conversely, you say AB are in it for the love of music. then why, oh why, don't they pool together a few thousand dollars (which they no doubt have) and record their new album in a basement studio and release it themselves, even just tracks here and there on myspace & youtube & itunes? this seems to be more representative of the "love of music" side of the coin. isn't having a record label a means of reaching a wider audience, becoming immensely popular, and making more money?