CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Alter Bridge Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   "It sounds like Creed." (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=8292)

R U Ready? 12-29-2004 04:56 PM

"It sounds like Creed."

It sounds like Creed.

I was at a one of my friend's birthday party's when this quote came out of this girl's mouth. She was talking about the AB CD that I had put in some time ago. It stung a little. AB must jump out on the next album and make more of their own style-still have some Creed, but leaning more and more to whatever they want to create.

It was kind of interesting to see some of my friend's reactions to the music, though. Only one of them is a die-hard rock fan I would say, and I'm pretty sure he liked it. He's the one that actually put it in. One of my friends was singing to OYE, so that shows it's been getting decent airplay, and I have heard it a coupla times on an area rock station that actually plays more classic rock. Some friends wanted to change the CD back to Dave Matthews Band (the first music of the party) when BID was playing, which I sorta understand. I didn't like it much the first few times I listened to it either, but it caught on with me.

titan9 12-29-2004 05:05 PM

I think some people just blindly say that because they've only heard that AB has 3/4 of Creed. And some just won't give AB a chance and will say "Creed sucked, so does Alter Bridge". To me, AB's music is vastly different than Creed's. It's harder. The vocals are completely different, too.

Agent D 12-29-2004 05:30 PM

If they're Dave Matthews fans, it doesn't really surprise that they don't like Alter Bridge too much lol. (No offense, of course, to anyone around here who may like Dave Matthews).

titan9 12-29-2004 05:45 PM

Well, I hate DMB, so that doesn't offend me.:D You're right, though. AB was probably a little too hard for them.

AndrewFromABRox 12-29-2004 11:15 PM

its supposed to sound somewhat like CReed, its the same 3 freaking guys playing the instruments. For the most part, mags are giving Alter Bridge a whoooole lot better reveiws that Creed, saying they sound nothing like them and are alot better, which is always great.

Agent D 12-30-2004 12:45 AM

Also, I recall Mark saying that this album was one big transition into a heavier sound. The next album will most likely sound nothing at all like Creed.

Bridge of Clay 12-30-2004 07:29 AM

well, I can't blame them... Burn It Down is kinda annoying.

Agent D 12-30-2004 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay
well, I can't blame them... Burn It Down is kinda annoying.

Seriously? That song is just as good as the rest. :dunno:

titan9 12-30-2004 11:35 AM

I didn't like Burn It Down at first, but it's grown on me.

R U Ready? 12-30-2004 12:15 PM

I like DMB. :D

Wylde-Tremonti 12-31-2004 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titan9
I didn't like Burn It Down at first, but it's grown on me.

Yeah... the beginning isn't that great... but when it picks up at the end it's AWESOME... it just take a while to get there

DekWannaBFlea 12-31-2004 01:53 PM

That song is more of a vocal song feature song. Good song though.

scrit 12-31-2004 02:12 PM

I like burn it down, I like the vocals and guitar together at the ending. Anywaaay I think that the instruments in alter bridge sound very similar to creed, but thats the only thing. The vocals and lyrics sound alot different from creed. The guitar usually sounds similar to creed, but its the same guitarist so of course it does. There are just more guitar solos. I dont think they sound just like creed though because to me the singers sound VERY different and so all of their songs have a much different feel than creed's songs. This is all just my opinion though, dont have to agree. How well did the people at this party know creed? Did they just know their hits or were they very familiar wiht them? That could make alot of difference about how they think creed sounded.

titan9 12-31-2004 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wylde-Tremonti
Yeah... the beginning isn't that great... but when it picks up at the end it's AWESOME... it just take a while to get there

I agree with that. The end is awesome.

Xterminator27 01-02-2005 01:46 AM

I think burn it down is one of the best songs on there heh.

Its a perfect song for the mood it sets, and it tells a cool story about fucking your life up and trying to fix it kinda thing. Starts with that mellow slow start and ends up crazy and shit, one of my favorites