CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Creed in new Guitar World many times! (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=1631)

amsottile 02-03-2003 01:23 AM

Creed in new Guitar World many times!

I just got the new GW and Creed is featured throughout the magazine numerous times.

1) Towards the back is the Tremonti SE advertisement that has been out for awhile with the guitar being shown in front of like a dark black/purple background.

2) In the middle of the magazine is a brand new advertisement for the Mark Tremonti Power Wah by Morley. Its a full page picture of him during concert doing the classic Tremonti face. It describes the different aspects of the Wah on the left, on the right it has Creed written vertically and on the bottom shows a picture of the pedal. A very cool advertisement.

3) In the begg. of the magazine are the classic GW Reader's Poll. As we all know Tremonti has won Best Rock Guitarist for the past two years but unfortunately he was #2 this year to Tom Morello of Audioslave. (Others featured in that category were Jerry Cantrell/Dan Donegan of Disturbed and Daron Malakian of SOAD) Creed was also placed in the Best Rock Guitar Albums coming in 3rd behind The Red Hot Chili Peppers and The Vines. (Others featured were The White Stripes and Rolling Stones) They also were in another award but it doesnt seem to make sense if they were in Best RockGuitar Album. They were in Worst Band coming in 2nd to Limp Bizkit. (Others featured were Blink-182, The Hives and All of the "The" Bands)

Well as usual Creed and Tremonti rule and who the hell cares about the last award, Rock on!

DangerousDan85 02-03-2003 01:48 AM

that last part is retarded

Said Eyes 02-03-2003 01:51 AM

behind the Vines? Good god, what kind of readers do they have?

And I really don't get having 'Worst' awards. Surely apathy would be better.

(and I know that this post is somewhat hypocritical)

hayley 02-03-2003 02:01 AM

i like that magazine even though i don't play guitar

Dogstar 02-03-2003 02:11 AM

Did they have Jerry Cantrell listed as part of Disturbed? I don't think he played with them. Tom Morello does kick some a**. He and Jerry C are right up there in my book. At least some of the readers have a clue...But The VINES???!??!?!??! Ugh. They bore me. And I like the Peppers, but I wouldn't put them ahead of Creed or Jerry as far as Best Rock Guitar album...amsottile, did Jerry C's Degradation Trip make it in the Best Rock Guitar Album category? Was that a Reader's Poll as well? Just curious. Guess I should go out and buy the dang magazine, eh? :D

hotforscott 02-03-2003 08:06 AM

What month is this Guitar World?

amsottile 02-03-2003 09:09 AM

This issue was the March issue and to answer a few questions. Jerry Cantrell wasnt likned to Disturbed its just that his group is also called Jerry Cantrell so they just wrote his name. No Jerry didnt win best rock album i wrote who won in the origonal post but ill write it again (Red Hot Chili Peppers, Vines, Creed, The White Stripes and The Rolling Stones) and to Said Eyes what are you saying about the post.....hypocritical???

Marty 02-03-2003 09:34 AM

Can we get a picture of the cover? Because the store I shop at has two.
________
Horny_N_Sexy cam

amsottile 02-03-2003 11:37 AM

The cover has zakk wydle and dimebag darrel on the front dressed up in an army unifrom with camaflouge on thier faces. On the cover it als says 2003 Reads Poll Winners!

Redeemer 02-03-2003 02:39 PM

Does anyone remember the GW w/Creed on the cover? That was a great article about CreedQuest.com. And one of the answers was on Tremonti's shirt!!
Okay, does anyone even remember CreedQuest??

amsottile 02-03-2003 03:57 PM

yea i def remember that issue and of course i remember creedquest i was on that thing every day!

Bridge of Clay 02-03-2003 04:00 PM

:madder: :finger:

Dogstar 02-03-2003 04:43 PM

Hey, thanks, amsottile. I thought maybe there was like a top 10 list or something of the best albums. Sorry to make you repeat :D. I went out and bought the mag anyway :D. Will read it later...

Unforgiven Fan 02-03-2003 05:29 PM

Here is my view:

F#$% the mainstream media and most of the music!!!!!

Said Eyes 02-03-2003 08:05 PM

I was in that article, Redeemer. Heh, oh yeah! I'm famous.

And the hypocracy was my slagging off of The Vines while saying apathy would be a better thing.

Quote:

Dictionary.com said this about Apathy:
ap·a·thy
n.
1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.  
2. Lack of emotion or feeling; impassiveness.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[Latin apatha, from Greek apatheia, from apaths, without feeling  : a-, without; see a-1 + pathos, feeling; see kwent(h)- in Indo-European Roots.]

^^^^ Keep on ragin' against that machine, buddy