CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   FUEL - Brett Leaves The Band (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10661)

The Lithium 03-08-2006 03:49 PM

FUEL - Brett Leaves The Band

A mail to the fans from guitarist Carl:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carl of Fuel
Some of you may have missed it, but thanks to you for signing up to our mailing list, we'll tell you personally. Yes, Brett has left the band. It was an amicable departure and we will miss him, but he felt it was time. We are carrying on as Fuel. Please check out fuelweb.com or fuelies.net for more details.

Some of you are aware as well that "Hemorrhage" was sung by Chris Daughtry on American Idol. Sounded good and has caused quite a stir. And as it happens, we are currently looking for a new lead singer. If you or someone you know wanna audition, we currently have a version of "Hemorrhage" without vocals posted on the site for you to download and sing over and send back to us so we can check you out. We have the record written and ready to go. Just need the right guy. If you are currently with a band or wanna go from the sidewalk to the stage, hit us back.
We are getting auditions set up in LA as we speak.
Stay tuned for more details.

Carl

This doesn't look so good... I say they should hire Myles, let him lay down the stuff and then tour with AB and let Myles do double sets! :D Hahah...

The Lithium 03-09-2006 06:06 PM

Re: FUEL - Brett Leaves The Band

I'm surprised, doesn't anyone care for this? Their lead singer is leaving the band! And it's a good singer and a good band!

eusebioCBR 03-09-2006 06:28 PM

What an opportunity for Chris(American Idol) The guy can sing and imo the only one on the show worth...........
That does suck, I'm going to listen to Fuel right now:(

RMadd 03-09-2006 07:32 PM

Fuel was pretty good, but haven't exactly been around much the past year or two for most people to care he's out. I'd actually listened to some live clips of theirs, and Brett didn't sound that impressive (live, anyway... much like what's her face from Evanescence). So, maybe they'll pull an AB and get a much better singer? Best o' luck to 'em, regardless.

Bridge of Clay 03-10-2006 07:39 AM

yeah, I watched this American Idol episode yesterday, it was a very good performance!

Made me want to listen to Fuel again, it's been a while!

inside_us_all04 03-26-2006 08:47 PM

He does have a good voice.. Fuel was a pretty cool band.. I see no reason why not to hire him...

DangerousDan85 03-27-2006 01:36 AM

it sucks that brett left, fuel is/was one of my favorite bands

The Lithium 03-27-2006 10:13 AM

Yeah, but they may just pull an "AB" and get a much better singer!

nagpo 03-30-2006 11:11 PM

if there looking for a new lead singer, ill do it:D

ABYanks 03-30-2006 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMadd
Fuel was pretty good, but haven't exactly been around much the past year or two for most people to care he's out. I'd actually listened to some live clips of theirs, and Brett didn't sound that impressive (live, anyway... much like what's her face from Evanescence). So, maybe they'll pull an AB and get a much better singer? Best o' luck to 'em, regardless.

people always sound bad live unless ur there
i have never seen fuel live, so i cant say hes good, but stapp sounds bad when u listen on the internt too and hes not

Tremontixriffs 03-31-2006 05:11 PM

Boy Rock is going into the toilet and one of the few talented bands left calls it quits...I thought Fuel had a great run as a band and their Natural selection cd kicked ass... Brett Scallions and Carl bell are Fuel. Carl bell is a great talent on guitar. I think I have had enough of bands replacing lead singers with hacks. INXS should just give up because that guy on who won who wants to be a rock star is totally fucking gay! First Bush, creed, Rage, the list goes on can't we all just get along..From what I understand Carl bell did not want Scallions writing lyrics for the songs and Brett didn't see it as much as a collaboration. Hey Maybe Brett will replace Myles and Tremonti will have a guy who can actually hold his own, no knock on Myles but Scallions is way more of a talent on vocals and the music would be way more radio friendly than myles 80's persona. There are almost no good rock bands out anymore, all the recent crap sucks, Breaking Benjamin, Submersed and Audioslave may be the best of whats left out there in this world of new age one hit wonder bands.