CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   What's w/Hestla? (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=3604)

StrubesGuitar 06-30-2003 10:56 PM

What's w/Hestla?

Tell me what u think about Hestla. I play bass also and from the performances i've seen, he isn't as good as Brian Marshall. Marshall set the framework for the band for bass, and came up w/some really cool lines. Hestla plays like he's from Blink 182!

Bridge of Clay 06-30-2003 11:16 PM

his hair...

TeriB19 06-30-2003 11:21 PM

Samurai Jack!!:samurai:

JenRN 07-01-2003 12:04 AM

He has grown on me, it has taken awhile though!

tremonti.net 07-01-2003 08:26 AM

Brian Marshall is a much better bassist than Hestla. I prefer Marshall MUCH more.
________
YAMAHA XS ELEVEN
________
SHIP SALE

Marty 07-01-2003 11:42 AM

I perfer Marshall as well, but Hestla is a okay stand in.
________
Crystallmind

CollectiveSoul 07-01-2003 02:14 PM

listen to Say I live at teh beginning. i think that will cahnge ur mind

benkenobi 07-01-2003 02:30 PM

Remember people that Hestla was lead guitarist for his group Virgos and didn't even play bass for them. I think it's pretty cool he can write lyrics, sing, play guitar, and play bass. Marshall might be better on bass, but probably not so diverse in so many things in the ways of music. I mean Hestla even has his own studio at his home that Stapp has talked about.

Brian was still an awesome bassist!!!

Higher_Desire 07-01-2003 06:02 PM

I definetly think Marshall was better than Hestla, but Hestla's doing a decent job, I think.

H-D

StrubesGuitar 07-01-2003 07:29 PM

I didn't know he was the guitar player for Virgos. But Collective Soul, i think i can play Say I ALOT better. Do u play? I could give u my funked up tabs for it, it sounds awesome.

benkenobi 07-01-2003 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by StrubesGuitar
I didn't know he was the guitar player for Virgos. But Collective Soul, i think i can play Say I ALOT better. Do u play? I could give u my funked up tabs for it, it sounds awesome.

Yeah, I think Virgos has 3 guitarists total or at least had up to 3 guitarists in their history. Brett was lead guitar.

StrubesGuitar 07-01-2003 09:50 PM

Three guitars for a band is AWESOME!

Said Eyes 07-02-2003 12:00 AM

Brian Marshall is gone for good. He aint coming back. Hestla is the next best thing in my eyes. He's got a stage presence too, which makes the show heaps of fun if youre on the left. As opposed to Mark standing in one spot the entire show, Brett jumps and moves around and he's got one hell of a voice. I'm hoping he actually joins Creed proper.

Care to explain the Blink 182 comment? If you're complaining about the bass on Weathered that was Tremonti's work. Hestla just plays the bass on tour.

StrubesGuitar 07-02-2003 09:59 PM

I know Tremonti did bass for the album. The Blink thing is him using a pick. I think it should be fingerpicked for a band like creed, so it sounds more full, and u don't hear a big ding ding sound the whole time. He prolly just uses one because he used to play guitar. I dunno, i've just never really seen him do what Marshall did, maybe he does well w/the pick.

Said Eyes 07-03-2003 05:22 AM

So you know that he didn't do any of the writing, yet you say he's not as good because Marshall came up with the frame work, the cool bass lines? Seems like thats not a fair comparison then. As for playing with a pick, its probably due to his guitarist background yes, but that doesnt mean playing with a pick is bad. I dont, but sometimes I like to just thrash around with a pick when im angry, its fun.

Next time you see them play, check out Hestla, he's great.