CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Alter Bridge Billboard Article (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7118)

Shadow 07-23-2004 07:28 PM

Alter Bridge Billboard Article

Just FYI, here's an article on AB (in short).

Here's the full version: Alter Bridge Article

Ex-Creed Members Cross Alter Bridge
July 23, 2004

Alter Bridge -- the new band featuring former Creed guitarist Mark Tremonti, drummer Scott Phillips and original bassist Brian Marshall plus former Mayfield Four vocalist Myles Kennedy -- is gearing up for the Aug. 10 release of its Wind-Up debut, "One Day Remains." First single "Open Your Eyes" is No. 30 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart this week.

Although details are still being nailed down, a North American theater tour will kick off Sept. 23, to be preceded by three European dates. The group is also confirmed to appear at New Orleans' Voodoo Music Festival in October.

"We're taking just one bus and we're throwing everybody on there, all the crew, all of us, and hitting the road," Tremonti tells Billboard. "I'm looking so forward to it; we all are. I mean, those are the fun days."

A video for "Open Your Eyes" was recently shot by Dean Karr (Metallica, Queens Of The Stone Age). The song will get extra exposure from its inclusion in "Madden 2005," the latest edition of the popular Electronic Arts videogame.

Even though Tremonti co-wrote Creed's hits and is proud of his past, he sees the band mainly in his rearview mirror. "We're not ever going to play Creed songs," he says. "We're trying to skate away from all the Creed comparisons or anything from the past. We just want Alter Bridge to be a fine band."

As for former Creed frontman Scott Stapp, his Wind-Up solo debut is expected late this year or in early 2005.

"From the perspective of Creed fans, Mark and Scott wrote all these huge hits. There's a lot of interest in what Mark will do next," Wind-up president Steve Lerner says. "[But] we have this band Alter Bridge and there's a whole new audience that was too young or not a fan of Creed, so it's a new opportunity."

aussiecreeder 07-23-2004 11:17 PM

thanks for the article shadow! :) so did dean direct the video for queen's "no-one knows"? love that video....
would be great if alter bridge can find a new audience as well as attract a majority of the creed fans as well.

hayley 07-24-2004 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
would be great if alter bridge can find a new audience as well as attract a majority of the creed fans as well.

I'm sure they will, I still think strongly that now that Stapp has gone, Creed-haters will turn to this side of "the remaining members of Creed" (As they put it) and become a fan. That's good though.

Thanks for that article, Shadow. :D

aussiecreeder 07-24-2004 03:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alter_Rocker
I'm sure they will, I still think strongly that now that Stapp has gone, Creed-haters will turn to this side of "the remaining members of Creed" (As they put it) and become a fan. That's good though.

Thanks for that article, Shadow. :D

there are bound to be some that won't feel that way but anyone going to the voodoo festival now? :)

TeriB19 07-24-2004 09:22 PM

They've finally started playing OYE on the Philly/So. Jersey radio stations. I've heard it played on WMMR, WYSP and WJSE, but the funny thing is, on all 3 stations, they've said "Coming up next we've got some Creed, but it's not really Creed, it's three of the guys from Creed without Scott Stapp and with Myles Kennedy as the front man." To me, it sounds as if the Philly stations don't want to let go of the Creed name, and if that's the case, it's going to be hard for Alter Bridge to escape from out of the Creed shadow. Either way, it was finally good to hear it being played. I was starting to think it would NEVER get played in our area.

JenRN 07-24-2004 10:33 PM

I have not hear it at all, but I am not a radio listener either too much. I wonder if we have some tour dates. Theater tour, I guess they mean small venue's, if that is the case COOL!!!! Those are the best :D

Dogstar 07-25-2004 01:16 PM

Thanks for the article, Shadow.

Sheila63 07-25-2004 04:10 PM

Thanks for the article, Robyn. :D

I haven't heard OYE on the radio either but I don't listen to the radio very much either.

Jooji_2 07-25-2004 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
there are bound to be some that won't feel that way but anyone going to the voodoo festival now? :)

I'm not really interested in seeing Alter Bridge....but Velvet Revolver is also playing that festival....along with Shinedown.

Depends on when it is....considering the temperature and humidity at an outdoor festival in New Orleans. :D

Bridge of Clay 07-25-2004 11:36 PM

I so can't wait for Jooji be blown away by Alter Bridge! :D

Jooji_2 07-26-2004 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bridge of Clay

Don't want to disappoint you......but you might not want to hold your breath...... :D

Bridge of Clay 07-26-2004 11:51 AM

of course not. You won't change your opinion on something you estabilished your own pre-concept about it even before giving them a chance.

Although it would be quite funny if it happened.

ctfan 07-26-2004 03:54 PM

Quote:

of course not. You won't change your opinion on something you estabilished your own pre-concept about it even before giving them a chance.

I don't think anyone here has preconceived anything. I gave the new single a listen and didn't particularly care for it. I will give the rest of the cd a listen too....and give them a chance but that still doesn't mean I will buy it.

Everyone has their own opinons of music, and what they like.

Jooji_2 07-26-2004 05:14 PM

Quote:

Without giving them a chance? I've heard their first single and seen their first video. I'll listen before I buy....I'm just not all that optimistic that I will be as you call it "blown away".

Now if they didn't sound just like Creed with a different singer, things might be different. :D

WeatheredWoman 07-26-2004 10:31 PM

Quote:

That's a very cute way to put it Marcos!!! ;)

Yeah it made me go awwwwww... lol!! :D