CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   NEW BAND NAME -- Alter Bridge (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6405)

Higher_Desire 04-23-2004 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Hrmm... there's not many words that rhyme with Alter or Bridge that sound good when put together with alterbridge... guess my fan site naming scheme of having rhyming words won't work anymore :(

Oh, and BTW, alterbridge.net was registered by Dan Tremonti on April 14th...

Hey Steve -- Just thought of one. How about "Chill out in the Bridge Fridge"?

Yeah, ok. That's dumb. Nevermind.

H-D :bigeyes:

facelessman 04-23-2004 01:24 AM

alter bridge, huh. its goin to take a while to get use to, but sounds good.

tremontirocks! 04-23-2004 01:27 AM

hmmmmmmmmmm its an alrite name.....but y did they name their band afta a bridge :eek: Its juz a bit weird thats all...

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 01:34 AM

Alter Bridge is better than most band names out there. Audioslave isn't that original of a name. Linkin Park sounds retarded. Hoobastank, huh? Alter Bridge is as original as Submersed. :D

It's funny that they decided to change their name and to lowercase the letter D in their name. They probably didn't want to be labeled in the nu-metal category. SubmurseD sounds and looks nu-metalish to me. :D

Steve 04-23-2004 01:37 AM

Actually Hoobastank is fairly original...

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
Actually Hoobastank is fairly original...

I don't like that name too much. Sounds kind of dumb. Alter Bridge sounds cool. I'm probably saying this because it's the name of Mark's new band. :D

facelessman 04-23-2004 01:53 AM

if i remember correctly, hoobastank is the middle name of one of the members. sounds original to me. if you dont like it, it doesnt change the fact.

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 01:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by facelessman
if i remember correctly, hoobastank is the middle name of one of the members. sounds original to me. if you dont like it, it doesnt change the fact.

That's one weird middle name.

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 01:54 AM

And I never said Hoobastank was an unoriginal name.

facelessman 04-23-2004 02:19 AM

my bad

hayley 04-23-2004 02:34 AM

:wow: WOW, AWESOME STUFF!! Well, the fact that we finally have the name is awesome, but Alter Bridge will take some getting used to, I think I like it though. If you say it out loud, Alter Bridge, it sounds really, really nice.

Thanks for posting that, it's very much appreciated, I keep on saying the name over and over again now :laugh:

Echelon122 04-23-2004 02:47 AM

Here's what a Michigan gal said about Alter Bridge (The actual bridge LOL)...just for some background on it....I dunno it helped make sense to me.

Quote:

From Shelly (StappsBabe)
Alter Bridge is indeed a bridge ...it sits on Alter Road....(That runs the length from Grosse Pointe to Detroit) and connects Grosse Pointe to Detroit.

I used to hang out in a park near the Alter Bridge...it was a place where all the "stoners" in Grosse Pointe would hang out after the bars closed.

I lived in Harper Woods then (which is about 10 min. from there) and half of my friends lived in one of the Grosse Pointe's. (there's Grosse Pointe Shores, G.P. Farms, and just plain ol' Grosse Pointe)

I think it's a great band name and awesome because only the local area would know about it otherwise. No one but the VERY local people even call it the Alter Bridge that I'm aware of and because it runs from the "rich" side of town (the Grosse Pointes) to the "poor" side of town (Detroit), it has significant meaning. It's so odd to drive down Alter road in the G.P's and see all the HUGE mansion-type houses with expensive cars in their driveways and then before you know it, ONE street over, you are faced with the harsh realities of the poor...run-down houses, unmanicured lawns and crime. VERY interesting choice for a band name IMO.

Trees of Wisdom 04-23-2004 02:50 AM

I wonder if that's why they chose that name.

Dogstar 04-23-2004 03:30 AM

Wow, very cool. I like the name a lot. Thanks for the info, Echelon.

hayley 04-23-2004 04:41 AM

That's pretty cool, it's great to have a significant meaning to a band name