CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Chat-O-Rama (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   florida friends (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=7234)

mushroomy2k 08-12-2004 07:35 AM

florida friends

was just wondering who all is on the west coast of florida?
we have charley headed are way he keeps changing direction last night they thought he would come in near fort myers now it's more like st.pete/or tampa bay area.
im in east central pasco county 15 min north of zephyrhills.
was just checking in to see how many other peeps live on the west coast.
be safe everyone and i will check in tommorow if i can.
have a awsome thursday the weekend is almost here. :D

farmgirl 08-13-2004 07:44 AM

Hi D! I didn't see this yesterday. I hope you and all the other Floridians here get missed by that storm. Be careful and stay safe ok? Have a good weekend.

TeriB19 08-13-2004 10:13 AM

Hi Diane, I have friends in Zephyrhills. I'm praying you and the rest of the Florida residents stay safe! Good luck and keep us posted!!!

Kimvan 08-13-2004 10:50 AM

To all our Fla. Feeders:

I'll pray you're all safe and sound and that Charley doesn't hit you all too hard.

JulieCitySlicker 08-13-2004 01:50 PM

I hope everyone in Florida and others in the path of these storms stays safe, please check in when you can and be careful!
You are all in my prayers :hugs:

Dogstar 08-14-2004 04:32 PM

Well, it seems my grandfather's town (Port Charlotte) was one of two towns that were hardest hit by the hurricane. I'm really worried because I haven't heard from him and neither has anyone else in my family. The other town was Punta Gorda, which is a mile from where my grandfather lives. About 15 people have been killed so far, and I praying my grandfather and his wife are safe. So if y'all could keep them in your prayers and keep your fingers crossed that they are OK, I would really appreciate it. Millions of people are without power and thousands of homes, especially mobile homes, were destroyed. In some of the pictures, it looks as if a tornado hit. One woman was quoted as saying downtown Punta Gorda is gone. That's about two miles from my grandfather's house.

JulieCitySlicker 08-14-2004 04:36 PM

OMG Kerri!
Your grandfather and his wife will definitely be in my prayers! I hope that they are safe :hugs:

Dogstar 08-14-2004 04:39 PM

Thanks, Julie. I'm a wreck. I talked to him yesterday before the storm hit and he didn't seem worried. At that time, it was supposed to hit farther north than it did, but I think the path took the town by surprise. I'm assuming the phones are out because I have tried calling from my cell phone all day and I just get a weird busy signal. I'm just hoping they are OK. In the stories I've read, they have said this hurricane was as bad as Andrew in '92...that is not good.

Sheila63 08-14-2004 04:42 PM

Kerri, I hope you hear from your grandfather soon. :( I will send some prayers to them, to you and all of our friends in the path of the storm. :hugs: :hugs:

JulieCitySlicker 08-14-2004 04:43 PM

That sucks that the phones are down and that you can't get a hold of them :( Just try and hope for the best girl and not to worry to much :hugs: Sending postive thoughts and prayers your way hun :)

Dogstar 08-14-2004 04:44 PM

Thanks, Sheila, it means a lot, really. I don't mean to whine or anything, but I'm just so nervous now. It wasn't supposed to hit his area originally and when I saw the towns mentioned in the stories, I just got sick to my stomach. I hope all of our Florida Creed friends are OK, too.

Dogstar 08-14-2004 04:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JulieCitySlicker
That sucks that the phones are down and that you can't get a hold of them :( Just try and hope for the best girl and not to worry to much :hugs: Sending postive thoughts and prayers your way hun :)

:hugs: Julie...thanks, I am definitely hoping for the best. I have to work later on. I just hope I can concentrate, LOL.

JulieCitySlicker 08-14-2004 04:49 PM

Wow!
That sucks that you have to work with all of this going on, I'll be thinkin of ya girl!

Sheila63 08-14-2004 04:49 PM

You're welcome, Kerri. :hugs: and you're not whining. I would be the same way if it was my grandfather. I'm hoping all of our Creed friends are okay too. :hugs:

Dogstar 08-15-2004 12:23 PM

Well, good news! My grandfather is OK. His house is trashed, but they survived wtih no injuries, thank God. Thank you all for your kinds words and prayers. I'm sure they worked!!!