CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Metallica and God (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=5902)

revisfoot 02-19-2004 09:42 AM

Metallica and God

OK...

Here's a nice little analogy:

So, we have this band, and we'll call them Metallica. Back in 1980, they released an album called Kill 'Em All, and with that they got a nice, small, yet very devout following. Throughout the next few years, they released a couple more great albums like Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and Metallica's small-yet-devout following grew and grew.
Well, Metallica decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience and attract more followers *Boom* Black Album. Critical success. Mainstream success. It was a masterpiece in its own work. But, some of Metallica's older fans were turned off by this change in sound, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Black Album.
Well, a few more years pass, and Metallica does a few more cool things like S&M and Garage Inc, and their new followers LOVED it! Then, they released Load, which was ehh, and REload, which was even suckier, and then they released St. Anger, whcih, I think, we can all agree sucked anus.

NOW...

So, there is this deity, we'll call Him God. Well, God does this cool Creation thing, and forms Himself a nice small-yet-devout following. Well, over the next few years, God does some more cool things like The Tower of Babel, The Fall of Jericho, the Parting of the Red Sea, and His small-yet-devout following grew larger and larger. Well, after some time, God decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience. *Boom:* Christ.
New success. Christ brings many new followers to God, but some of God's earlier followers were kind of turned off by this, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Christ. Well, over the next few years, God did some more really cool things like The Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, and His followers LOVED it.
Now, I think we can call the Spanish Inquisition and The Puritans God's Load and Re-Load, and now, our time, in which nothing really great or exciting is going on could be compared to St. Anger.

So...what do you think?

archie bunker 02-19-2004 10:08 AM

I never gave it much thought till you explained it :confused:

Sincirr 02-19-2004 10:08 AM

The renaissance? What the!?? U have lost yer freakin mind!!!

Cute though.

GeeK_2004 02-19-2004 10:22 AM

i`m lost and confused!!

:confused::confused::confused:

RMadd 02-19-2004 12:02 PM

Hmmm... one problem for me... I think Metallica sucks, but God's the shiiiit!

creedsister 02-19-2004 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
OK...

Here's a nice little analogy:

So, we have this band, and we'll call them Metallica. Back in 1980, they released an album called Kill 'Em All, and with that they got a nice, small, yet very devout following. Throughout the next few years, they released a couple more great albums like Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets, ...And Justice for All, and Metallica's small-yet-devout following grew and grew.
Well, Metallica decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience and attract more followers *Boom* Black Album. Critical success. Mainstream success. It was a masterpiece in its own work. But, some of Metallica's older fans were turned off by this change in sound, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Black Album.
Well, a few more years pass, and Metallica does a few more cool things like S&M and Garage Inc, and their new followers LOVED it! Then, they released Load, which was ehh, and REload, which was even suckier, and then they released St. Anger, whcih, I think, we can all agree sucked anus.

NOW...

So, there is this deity, we'll call Him God. Well, God does this cool Creation thing, and forms Himself a nice small-yet-devout following. Well, over the next few years, God does some more cool things like The Tower of Babel, The Fall of Jericho, the Parting of the Red Sea, and His small-yet-devout following grew larger and larger. Well, after some time, God decided to go mainstream, to reach a broader audience. *Boom:* Christ.
New success. Christ brings many new followers to God, but some of God's earlier followers were kind of turned off by this, so they decided to only listen to things pre-Christ. Well, over the next few years, God did some more really cool things like The Renaissance, the Industrial Revolution, and His followers LOVED it.
Now, I think we can call the Spanish Inquisition and The Puritans God's Load and Re-Load, and now, our time, in which nothing really great or exciting is going on could be compared to St. Anger.

So...what do you think?

I here You Im The only one here that Would!!!} GREAT Parable Dude Like yo style!!! Creedsista!!!!!!ROCK ON !!!!!!

Mulletman 02-19-2004 01:16 PM

Metallica sucks harder than jenna jameson, larz is a fucking nazi, and hetfield is robert truijo new bitch. well truijo is big enough to make them all his bitch. im my opinion newstead was the only one who got it right by quiting.

SCOTTSMYMAN 02-19-2004 04:47 PM

I totally see what you are saying and I agree 100%!
(with the Metallica part anyways!)

facelessman 02-19-2004 05:43 PM

what the f? so what are you tryin to say?

WeatheredWoman 02-19-2004 06:19 PM

I loved the story :D

revisfoot 02-19-2004 07:23 PM

I mean, seriously, it's just an analogy between the career of metalicca and the works of God. If you really think about it, we haven't had a Tower of Babel or a Parting of the Sea in our time, just as Metallica hasn't released any of their old-style REAL METAL in ages, either. If you just try not to read between the lines, you'll find it's a pretty flawless analogy.

creedsister 02-19-2004 08:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by revisfoot
I mean, seriously, it's just an analogy between the career of metalicca and the works of God. If you really think about it, we haven't had a Tower of Babel or a Parting of the Sea in our time, just as Metallica hasn't released any of their old-style REAL METAL in ages, either. If you just try not to read between the lines, you'll find it's a pretty flawless analogy.

hey i loved it it inspired me alot!!! ROCK ON!!!

Bridge of Clay 02-19-2004 09:11 PM

dude, shut up! that was crap.

Did you ever take time to read the Bible instead of listening people talking about it?

God didn't do the Babel Tower... actually he destroyed it.

God and Jesus were there since beginning.

Besides that, your analogy is completely non-sense. You didn't even mention protestantism, for example.

Get a grip!

WeatheredWoman 02-19-2004 09:15 PM

Just like I said... nice story! ;)

creedsister 02-19-2004 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tremonti_Fed
dude, shut up! that was crap.

Did you ever take time to read the Bible instead of listening people talking about it?

God didn't do the Babel Tower... actually he destroyed it.

God and Jesus were there since beginning.

Besides that, your analogy is completely non-sense. You didn't even mention protestantism, for example.

Get a grip!

hows about given the guy a break he has not insulted nobody!!!!] Geeesh!! dont get me started please!!!