CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Music Matters (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Nickelback and 3 Doors Down join forces (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=6240)

The Lithium 04-04-2004 12:33 PM

Nickelback and 3 Doors Down join forces

News taken from Nickelback.com.
Quote:

Originally Posted by News taken from Nickelback.com
MULTI-PLATINUM ARTISTS NICKELBACK and 3 DOORS DOWN CO-HEADLINE 2004 SUMMER ROCK TOUR

Quote:

Originally Posted by News taken from Nickelback.com

New York City, March 24th: Multi-platinum rock artists Nickelback and 3 Doors Down will join forces this summer when the two mega bands kick off a national co-headline tour beginning at the end of June and running through the end of July 2004. This will be one of the biggest tours of the summer with both bands playing full sets produced with their trademark sound and performances that include laser lights, pyrotechnics and video special effects.

According to 3 Doors Down lead singer Brad Arnold, the two bands got together because there was some good history there. "We had played some shows with Nickelback when we toured in support of our first album, The Better Life", says Arnold and thought it would be cool to go out with them again. "I can't wait to get back on the road with the 3 Doors boys" says Chad Kroeger, Nickelback's lead singer. Kroeger adds, "They are like family to us and we have had some amazing times together. We are looking forward to some more great times ahead." The trek will be Nickelback's first US tour of 2004.

Both bands released albums that entered the Top 10 of the Billboard Top 200. 3 Doors Down's sophomore effort, the triple platinum Away From The Sun (Universal/Republic) entered at #8 and has been on the Billboard Top 200 Chart for over 65 weeks. Nickelback's double platinum third album The Long Road (Roadrunner Records) entered the Top 200 at # 6 and has been in the Top 35 of the Billboard Top 200 since its release 25 weeks ago.
Both bands have scored their 5th and 6th consecutive #1 singles with the first two tracks released from their current albums. 3 Doors Down with "When I'm Gone" (the most played song of 2003 according to Neilsen) and "Here Without You" which is still on the Billboard Hot 100 Chart- this week at #27. The band's new third single "Away From The Sun"- is climbing Billboard Hot AC and various rock format charts. Nickelback's two hit singles continue to chart- the first single, "Someday," is currently a Top 10 track at Pop and Hot AC formats and the second "Figured You Out," is currently a Top 5 track at Active, Modern and Mainstream Rock formats. The band's third single, "Feelin Way Too Damn Good," is set to go to radio in May 2004.
Opening acts have yet to be announced. Tour dates and ticket information will be announced next week.

Cool, huh?
//Lith

creedchick02 04-04-2004 12:59 PM

:D I like Nickelback...but i have been dying to see 3DD for so long..i can't wait.. :D :smokin:

The Lithium 04-04-2004 01:01 PM

Imagen to see both put on full sets with all their effects. That would be really something... But it seems like they are only going to tour in US, so I won't have the chance to go. :crying: :( :doh:

Steve 04-04-2004 01:44 PM

I saw both bands tour when they first got signed to labels... came to a small venue here, paid $5 to see both of 'em.

Dogstar 04-04-2004 02:03 PM

That's so cool, Steve. It's really great to see bands that are huge before they get there. Small venues are so much more intimate. I wouldn't mind seeing 3DD again. I really should pick up their album.

The Lithium 04-04-2004 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
I saw both bands tour when they first got signed to labels... came to a small venue here, paid $5 to see both of 'em.

Oh crap, that's pretty cool!!! I saw Nickelback before they were knowen at all in Sweden. It was cool, 'cause right after "How You Remind Me" got huge and everybody wanted to go and see them and I was like: "Sorry guys... They've already been here, I saw them. Wait to next tour". :D In fact Nickelback haven't played here yet! :mad1: The last European show they did was in Denmark December 17. After that they went home for Christmas, and no Swedish date is up yet. DAMN!!! I really wanna see them again!

Higher_Desire 04-04-2004 02:39 PM

That's sweet. I wanna go to that show.

H-D :nerd:

The Lithium 04-04-2004 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Higher_Desire
That's sweet. I wanna go to that show.

Hell yeah!! So do I. But then again, I'm not american... :(

Sheila63 04-04-2004 05:44 PM

Thanks for the info, Lith.:D I hope they do a show in my area, I'd love to go.

aussiecreeder 04-04-2004 08:45 PM

I really liked "Kyropnite" but their recent stuff bores me to be honest, while Nickelback's earlier stuff like "Leader of Men" is really good but as "Figured You Out" shows it has been a downhill slide ever since. Saying that I have been told by a couple of good friends that Nickelback are fantastic live.

Dogstar 04-04-2004 08:51 PM

Yeah, I liked Leader of Men, too, but that was about it song-wise...

aussiecreeder 04-04-2004 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogstar
Yeah, I liked Leader of Men, too, but that was about it song-wise...

Too Bad was okay the first 20 times I heard it on the radio! :) oops i'm making this thread a little negative. Does anyone know of the paddle pop lion? hehe

The Lithium 04-05-2004 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by handmedown
Too Bad was okay the first 20 times I heard it on the radio! :) oops i'm making this thread a little negative. Does anyone know of the paddle pop lion? hehe

Yeah, a bit negative... Personally I love Nickelback, but as you said. "Feelin' Way Too Damn Good" is not like Nickelback earlier and havier stuff.

JenRN 04-05-2004 09:09 AM

I am SOOOOO There! Do we have tour dates yet? :D

mshoneybuns 04-05-2004 08:17 PM

some US tour dates

July 6 - Detroit, MI Energy Music Center

July 7 - Cincinnati, OH -Riverbend Music Center

July 9 - Cleveland, OH - Blossom Music Center

July 10-Chicago,IL-Tweeter Center

July 11-Burgettstown, PA Post Gazette Pavilion

July 13 -Boston,MA-Tweeter Center

July 16 - Hershey, PA - Hershey Amphi

July 17 - Philadelphia, PA -Tweeter Center

July 24- Atlanta, GA-Hi Fi Amphi

July 27 - Little Rock, AR -Riverfest Amphitheatre

JUly 29- Houston,Tx-Cynthia Woods Mitchell Pav.

Aug 13- Buffalo Chips-STURGAS