CreedFeed Community

CreedFeed Community (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/index.php)
-   Creed Talk (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/forumdisplay.php?f=4)
-   -   Photos Or Anything For Chicago Show (http://www.creedfeed.com/community/showthread.php?t=10340)

geletmote 01-16-2006 09:56 PM

Photos Or Anything For Chicago Show

Does any 1 have any photos to upload or any links or anything regarding that very show in DECEMEBER 2002?? WOUld love to see afew photos or anything.

Also has any 1 ever seen a boot of INSIDE US ALL - live??

RockGoddess 01-17-2006 11:53 AM

Re: Photos Or Anything For Chicago Show

Tell me how to post photos here. I have a couple.

Steve 01-17-2006 12:00 PM

You asked about Inside Us All live before and I posted it for download....

The Lithium 01-17-2006 12:56 PM

Now, here's a thread about the Chicago show I finally like!

The Lithium 01-17-2006 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RockGoddess
Tell me how to post photos here. I have a couple.

You will have to upload them at Photobucket, or even YouSendIt, if you like. Then post the link here. I dunno why the [img] code is disabled over here, but I think Steve is your man on that subject!

shiver 01-17-2006 01:30 PM

I have seen one photo. I remember doing a yahoo search and some guy had one picture up, of stapp lying on his back with his socks hanging partly off his feet. He looked bad.

Steve 01-17-2006 01:41 PM

[img] is off to prevent abuse and keep large sized images from causing load problems for those on dial-up. Ever view one of those ezboard forums on a dial-up account? A forum topic loads in about 10 minutes after all those 30-50k sized signature images load ;)

The Lithium 01-17-2006 01:44 PM

Yeah, okay... Too bad though, I like to have one of my banners as my siggy.

RockGoddess 01-17-2006 02:54 PM

Lith, pm me your addy and I'll email them to you.

Creed7352 01-17-2006 03:00 PM

i'd like to see the pics too

The Lithium 01-17-2006 04:22 PM

Quote:

Thanks!

geletmote 01-17-2006 11:55 PM

Quote:

Hey can I please see them aswell, just post a link up for every1 if u can , thanks.

geletmote 01-17-2006 11:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve
You asked about Inside Us All live before and I posted it for download....

Hey steve, yeh i know u did, thanks for that, but now Im after A VIDEO performance of inside us all live not audio, lol sounding greedy now, but I dont think that song was ever taped live live..?

RockGoddess 01-18-2006 06:43 AM

Ryan, you've never seen them??? Do I have your addy? I'll get them to you.

RockGoddess 01-18-2006 06:47 AM

Here are the links.... hope they work.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...onhisback2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ponhisBack.jpg

HuMaN~ClAy 01-18-2006 12:05 PM

wow... i had a feeling that show must have been embarrassing, but just seeing those photos brings it into a whole different light...

facelessmike 01-18-2006 01:19 PM

Yeah, exactly. All the skepticism I had is gone...

The Lithium 01-18-2006 01:38 PM

Yeah, he doesn't look so good... And neither does his socks...

titan9 01-18-2006 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Lithium
And neither does his socks...

LOL! :laugh:

I just looked at the pictures, and, man, he looks pretty wacked out. To tell you the truth, now I really don't blame those people for suing to get refunds for the tickets. I can't imagine paying 30-40 bucks to see my favorite band, and then to have the singer show up so incapcitated that he couldn't perform any of the songs correctly...that must have completely sucked.

HuMaN~ClAy 01-18-2006 03:07 PM

^^^ same thing i was thinkin titan, i just didn't wanna have to be the one to say it haha... can't help but feel bad for the rest of the band when i look at those pics..

The Lithium 01-18-2006 04:31 PM

I would've been way to devastated to even have the energy to sue the band. Man, I would've been so disapointed. Back then I was pretty young and naive, and I looked at Creed as my Gods. I even called them that several times, and I meant it at the moment.

If I had read that Rolling Stone interview, Stapp just did, back then... I don't know how I would've responded to it. I'd problably be pissed at both Stapp and Mark. But believe it or not, Stapp was my favourite back then. He got me in to Creed in the first place, and he got me into playing music.

But later I realized that all the things I had loved so much about Scott was really Mark's things who Scott either took credit for, or I was just too blind to see it.

GregS 01-18-2006 06:46 PM

Haha , funny pictures.. :D

geletmote 01-18-2006 09:54 PM

IF sum1 told me that the show was gonna be like that , ID not only pay for tickets id PAY double the price to go see that sought of thing, it would be sensational and pretty bad at the same time, lol

Ana4Stapp 01-18-2006 11:03 PM

Actually I had those pics ( 4 or 5 -im not sure!) in my computer (Chicago file) but I deleted all of them last week...:D

geletmote 01-19-2006 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ana4Stapp
Actually I had those pics ( 4 or 5 -im not sure!) in my computer (Chicago file) but I deleted all of them last week...:D

wat else was in that chicago file folder?:confused:

Creed7352 01-19-2006 07:17 PM

lmao...those pics are hilarious!! i think i've seen some similar to that, but i thought you had some you took.

HuMaN~ClAy 01-19-2006 08:19 PM

did anyone on this board attend this show?? i'd like to get a story of what went down from someone i know at least a little, not just some random person.

Lunar Shadow 01-20-2006 05:57 AM

I dunno Human Clay if anyone did maybe they just stopped being a fan and just upped and left the board :)

RockGoddess 01-22-2006 08:13 PM

I attended that concert (although the photos are not mine and no Ryan, alas I did not take any.... :( )

What would you like to know about that night?

geletmote 01-22-2006 10:42 PM

Quote:

I attended that concert (although the photos are not mine and no Ryan, alas I did not take any.... :( )

What would you like to know about that night?

Hey I want to know what happeend during ONE LAST BREATH performance, did he stuff that up 2? did they stop it or play it all the way?

Creed7352 01-22-2006 11:02 PM

he left the stage after like 5 songs or something didn't he? i've read it in interviews and the band went back there and he was laying down and said something along the lines of, "oh sorry dude, i thought the show was over."

i could be wrong though...maybe it was a few more songs or something.

RockGoddess 01-23-2006 08:12 AM

I do not remember after what song he left the stage. Erin has a much better memory for those kinds of things. But he just left..... left Mark standing there. After a few minutes, when it was clear Stapp wasn't coming back Mark said something to the effect of "I'm not sure what's up with Scott, but I'll be right back". All in front of some 20,000 people. When Stapp returned to the stage he was shirtless and shoeless and soaking wet. (I later heard that they had dunked his head in cold water in an attempt to sober him up, but I'm not sure if that's true).

All I know is that from the moment he first took the stage, from the first three words out of his mouth it was clear that something was desperately wrong. He slurred his words when he remembered them. He sat on Flip's riser with a towel over his head for what seemed an interminable amount of time. He even sang a song like that. He kept leaning over the cat walk and looking underneath the stage (for what, I have no clue but I thought the guy was going to fall and split his head open any minute). Every time he came down the cat walk you could smell him and it wasn't pretty. The audience booed him. Brett was furious. He just glared at Stapp all night.

I'll never forget those floppy socks (the ones you can see in the pictures) and his laying down on stage. It was surreal. You really felt like you were watching a train wreck that was taking an hour and a half to happen.

RockGoddess 01-23-2006 08:17 AM

Here are a few more from that night. The first one is before he left the stage, as he is still dressed. The other two are after he had come back.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ontiStapp1.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ein/creed4.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v6...ein/creed1.jpg

Actually, looking at them now I can see that the shoes came off at some point, then the shirt. It's hard to remember now. It was 3 years ago. And I'm pretty sure that's me behind the "29" in the date on the first photo. lol

*edited to fix link

geletmote 01-23-2006 09:22 AM

There has got to be a bootleg if this show sumwere, lets all get something goin , id do wateva it takes to get that show.

Bridge of Clay 01-23-2006 10:01 AM

I got Erin's review:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Echelon
Here's my Chicago review....wow this was a LONG time ago.....

Well aside from that Alstate ARena has a stick up their fuckin asses about the GA lineup, Lineup went....ok?

we had to line up on the fuckin SIDEWALK....ummm...

Some folks met Michael and Mark at the Target across the street from the arena, and we saw them pull out of Target and drive the 1/2 block to the enterance.

After the most HELLISH, ASSHOLISH, PITTIFUL excuse for a line up and ticket taking/wristband thing.....I wanna really shoot someone for this debacle......we hauled ass to the floor.

Nicole ended up on the rail in front of Brett, I was behind her, and Holly was a couple people down....we lost Stacy....till after the show...sorry hun!!

Stereo Fuse KICKS ASS. The were supposed to be the 2nd opener, but were pushed to open. But they rocked anyways, and it was great.

Local H was our 2nd opener...they SUCKED ASS....whoever thought these guys were a good between band, was probably the SAME ASS HOLE DUMB FUCK who thought Jerry Cantrell was a good 2nd Opener with 12Stones/Creed.

On to Creed.........please note this is OBSERVATION, and yeah.....take it for THAT please.

Started off late...which...no biggie, the day a concert starts on time..hell freezes over.

Bullets -- ROCKED....felt great.....Scott was holding his head a lot again...he was in Madison/St. Paul too....

Freedom Fighter -- Kicked ass.....was great...
Scott talked....couldn't hear what he was saying...lol..never can that close to the rail.

What If-- kicked ass....always does...lots of crowd singing....but Scott started sitting on the steps a lot...which for THIS Song is not normal.
And Scott kissed Mark...and was draped on him....Mark's face.....

SAY I -- I love the drum intro then the bass, then Mark....something wasn't quite right...but the song went well...and LONG...LOL. I think we sang the "Say I" thing for about 2 minutes...which...umm...got to be just WEIRD....Mark and Flip and Brett are all watching/wating for cues, and Scott's just dancing on the left catwalk thingy......it was WEIRD.......

Torn -- Was great...nothin like old-school Creed....but ya know....there was something missing...nto a lot of playing to the crowd really.....Scott was rubbing Mark's head...LOL

WHOS GOT MY BACK.....

After Torn, Scott got PISSED OFF....Threw down his mic....threw down the ear-pieces/pack and BROKE IT....and STORMED/STAGGERED off stage, he almost fuckin FELL OFF the steps down...it was rather freaky.
The looks from the other were that of...."WHAT THE FUCK just happened here"...cause there was nothing bad with the audio.

Then WGMB intro...all good right?? WRONG.
Scott comes back on...MINUS his SHOES......yes....SHOES. Needless to say, this song did NOT go well. He was sitting down on the steps by Flip a LOT, kneeling by where his mic stand is, and eventually LAYING DOWN on the stage...flat out. Mic stand between his legs...which was just WRONG! He layed there, with Flip looking like (WTF) ...the WHOLE LAST PART of the SONG!

At this point, the others are confused, the Crowd is NOT HAPPY with what's going on, and we were not singing along...we were all staring at the stage wondering what the FUCK is going on.

Scott gets up, STORMS/Staggers off stage AGAIN, PISSED AS ALL HOLY HELL.....After throwing his Mic and ear pack AGAIN, and pointing to BRETT to sing...Brett's face...um NO...cause he was playing the keyboard at the end of WGMB.

After about a minute, Mark ggoes to talk to Brett and Flip...about 45 SEcond pow-wow...goes to his mic...
"Scott just stormed of stage, we dont' know what's goin on, but I'm gonna go find out. And we'll be RIGHT BACK."

With that....Mark (Looking like he's gonna fuckin KILL SCOTT) goes off stage, followed by Brett and eventually Flip....

the Crowd BOOS.....the crowd is Pissed as all hell, we're thinking it might be over, and people near me were like "LEt's riot" (umm...not a good idea).....but some people in seats left, and I'm sure some Pit did too....

Lights are down, but some color ones started moving, and we see Mark, Scott, Brett and Flip walk back out. They were off stage, MAYBE 1-2 minutes....nto long at all, and I really want to know waht Mark Said!!!!

Me and Holly have our ideas...LOL...

So they're back on stage. Scott has since decided that shirts are optional....no shirt and no shoes.....so no service?? But yeah...shirtless Stapp....he and his black towel were inseperable the rest of the night.....pretty much...
But the crowd is STILL BOOOOOOING.....we were all still in the WTF mode...

2 notes into OLB, the crowd ROARS, and things seem to get back on track....SEEM.

OLB was as passionate as I've heard it. It felt like he was feeling this song. Slight **BUT DELIBERATE (I explain later)** Lyric change --
I think I'm holding onto life to tight
became
I think I'm holding onto life just a little to tight.

HIDE was pretty good....some lyric mistakes, but still went really well...

MOP....Scott and those steps get reaquainted...and....yeah...Scott tends to wear pants that don't fit to well inthe waist...and he kept hitching them up...but he'd pull the front down...WTF??? whatever at this point....lol.
Scott basically sat on the steps by the drums the whole song....really only getting up to go by Mark on the chorus.

Mark was still seemingly a little annoyed with Scott's attitude from earlier though. Brett and Flip were kinda like...we'll, we'll rock, but WTF's with STapp.

WEATHERED (may have been before MOP? Can't really recall)
Went ok...Stapp did funny dance....I can't discribe it..but yeah....he's not on the same page with the others. He sat on the steps for the most part, draped in towel, and holding his head.

WAWO -- Scott seemed to come BACK to Earth for this song...at least the 1st Verse...which he sang 2 times. Lighters were lit all over, and people were rocking anyways. Mark's solo was ad-libed enough that he changed keys about 5 times ...but it was cool as all hell.

ONE -- you'd think he'd know the words to this...umm...well...some of them.
I feel angry, I feel Helpless, don't try and change my mind
I feel violent, I feel alone, don't try and change my mind
EVERY time....and he was MAJORLY fucking up the verses...it was honestly, PATHETIC. For the message that this song has, It was just SAD to hear what I feel was a half-assed vocal part on it.
The pyro was good.

WTLF -- BLUE COLLAR INTRO BABY....Mark was PHOENOMINAL and I just KNEW he was doing what he could to make the Crowd happy, cause some were still pissed. Scott managed to get all the words right, and there was some passion to it....I think this was the turning point to go to the Encore....

PAUSE.....this was SUPPOSED to be a break....I swear I told a dozen people that.....oyyyyyy

Come back for HIGHER
Scott was saying/apologizing....that he wasn't into it with us, or wasn't feeling us giving before, but he was feeling it now. *shrugg*

HIGHER -- went really well. It seemed like this show was going to at least END on a GOOD NOTE. Lots of getting the crowd to sing, and MAJOR MArk solos.

My Sacrifice -- Was great till the end. Scott AGAIN for the THIRD TIME throws down his mic, and earpieces/pack, and nearly walks off again. I swear the death stare Brett shot him....he turned right around. Mark is over by Flip and starts heading back to his mic, and Brett's heading to his, like
"Fuck, if he's gonna be an ass, WE'LL finish the song."
Well here come Stapp hauling ASS across the stage, GRABS MARK's MIC, and runs up the Right Catwalk thingy.

In the process he knocks over Mark's mic stand with the cord, and does SOMETHING to muck up Mark's guitar. He comes back to his normal spot (With Mark's mic), and ATTEMPTS to finish MS....

BUT he has no earpieces and NO MOnitors to hear the others, so he is just OFF BEAT/PITCH and after attempts by Mark/Flip/Brett to try to follow him, they just end it.

Scott's off stage in about 10 seconds, the others to their normal passing/tossing of pics/sticks...with rather annoyed/upset/disturbed looks on their faces.

Lemme say that while Scott was NOT all with it...MARK was fucking ON and MORE. He was picking up the MAJOR SLACK that STapp was giving, and honestly, Mark, Brett and Flip CARRIED This show.

I think I ended up simply watching Stapp to see what bizarre thing he'd do next....it was just NOT at all like any shows I've been to before.

Other times I would try to focus on Brett or Mark and try to get SOMETHING for the rocking, and that provided many chances....

I really hope/pray that whatever the fuck happened tonight is taken care off by NYE on Tuesday, cause if Chicago was "Harsh", Creed will be tared and feathered in Philly if that show goes like this one did.

I feel bad for the people that this was their first show. We met a husband/wife/2 kids earlier in the day....who didnt' realize they didn't need to be there for seats till later....they'd driven from TEnnessee, it was their first show. :(

I believe Denise (Mike Tremonti's GF) will be posting at Pit about it, to dispell rumors or clear the air or whatever term you should choose.

But Somthing wasn't quite right at the beginning and it carried through the show. Stapp's "hissy fits" really killed the crowd, and I applaud Mark, Brett and Flip for picking up the slack and carrying the show.

This show as deffinatly NOT up to Creed standards, and I hope they get things worked out for Philly on Tuesday.

They need a break...however long, it's needed. They need to live their lives. Scott needs to get his life figured out, and when they want to, come back to Creed.
I know I'll still be there.

I asked her once to send it to my e-mail! :)

RockGoddess 01-23-2006 10:48 AM

Wow. Did that bring back a lot of memories! She's right on the money about Stapp. I forgot about his hiking down his pants. I remember looking at my girlfriends and saying "oh my god! Is he going to take those off too?" Actually, I think Erin was pretty kind in her review. If she wrote it immediately after the concert (which I think she did. I know I wrote mine from the hotel office after I told them I simply HAD to have access to a computer, lol) she was probably still trying to process what had just happened.

Yeah, the crowd was definitely pissed off!! And we came outside to find Chicago's finest swarming the place and police trucks all over. I think they feared that people were going to riot.

Bridge of Clay 01-23-2006 12:17 PM

that's correct, the review is the same she posted on the pit right after the "show".

titan9 01-23-2006 02:37 PM

*Shakes head* Thanks for posting that, Alicia and Marcos. Definitely even more of an eye opener. That whole night was definitely screwed up, and like I said before, I don't blame the fans for being pissed off. After all that happened with that show, there should have been a free make-up in Chicago....or Stapp should have personally offered to refund the tickets. There is no way around it, he screwed up big-time. I just hope that this type of travesty of a show never occurs again. It had to be embarrassing for everyone involved.

Creed7352 01-23-2006 03:13 PM

i saw creed at the almost acoustic xmas in los angeles the same year and the mic cut out in the beginning and stapp got furious...he cussed at some people in the pit and was egging them on saying "let's go, fuck you." then he threw the mic down and said "come on" to the other guys and left the stage. the others were still there with wtf faces on and continued to play a bit thinking he'd come back out with another mic or something. they started jamming on some metallica and finally left the stage to figure it out and basically start over. the mic cut out half way through bullets so they came back out and started with that one. after that, stapp seemed odd the rest of the night, didn't miss words or lay on his back, but he was just not right after that. it was my 10th or 11th time seeing creed and stapp was not as he was in every other show i'd seen. however, they did do WGMB acoustic and weathered, which was cool.

Bridge of Clay 01-23-2006 05:14 PM

hey Ryan! I remember that night!!! Kroq was streaming the videos on the web and I stayed up until 2 or 3 in the morning to watch Creed and they broadcasted every single band but Creed. lol! I so hate them!!!